SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : God moving amoung the youth, please pray for them

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

God moving amoung the youth, please pray for them

I posted this on another thread but am putting it up again to ask you to pray for these young men and their heart for God. It is precious to behold. thank you.

I go to a church where the majority of the people are teenagers and young adults. Our pastor has a real heart for this age group and God is really using him in this area. They are probaby 3/4 of our congregation.

Over the last year the boys and young men in this age group, usually about 30 of them, have felt led to meet together for worship and prayer every Monday night for more of God. They chose to make the meeting only boys so they would not be distracted by girls. Some of the adult men attend now also. Now it isn't a chauvinist thing, just the knowledge that at that age girls are distracting to boys, and they only want to seek God. They are beginning to experience a touch of glory. Weeping, repentance, worship and prayer and gifts of the Spirit.

Well Wednesday night this powerful anointing poured over into the regular service, nobody wanted to stop worshipping. (The youth had originally made it a focus of prayer for one young man to get saved and Wed. he did just that, almost a year to the day from the time they started praying for him. He had never attended a service until that Wed.) After the message pastor put on a very worshipful CD and turned down the lights and the entire group that was gathered entered into a new level of worship and we feel it is the result of these young men and their heart for God. Nobody even wanted to leave the service until pastor ended it. I am convinced it would have gone on if he hadn't of.

I am sharing this to say that God is doing something and please pray for us. Young people make a difference. Some of these boys are as young as 13. They don't have little spirits. Can God use kids to bring revival and awakening?, you bet He can.

2010/1/31 0:08Profile
utilizer001

Oregon

Re: God moving amoung the youth

Excellent.

2010/1/31 2:22Profile
live4jc

Re: God moving amoung the youth, please pray for them

That's really encouraging, Goldminer. And like you said, for sure, kids even though they are young, can have a very deep faith, one that can challenge us as adults to want more of God ! I can think of a number of examples where God worked powerfully in the hearts of young people. For instance, during the Hebrides Revival, Duncan Campbell talked about a young man named Donald...Was it Donald Smith ? Campbell felt that this young man was closer to God then he was, despite the young man being fairly new in the faith. The ironic thing is that this in itself, showed just how close Campbell was to God; the humility that was revealed in him saying this. Wasn't Donald the one who prayed,"God are my hands clean and my heart pure ?", and then immediately after that, the barn the people were praying in shook, and revival began among the people of the Hebrides ? Also, during the revival itself, there were stories of how groups of young people could be found praying along the roadside, their hearts melted by the presence of God.

Also, during a revival that took place in Saskatchewan in Canada in the 70s, this revival was preceded by prayer meetings, and if I'm not mistaken I think the prayer meetings which came alive among the adults, had been inspired by prayer meetings that were taking place among the children. I like the story told by Del Fehsfenfeld, who started Life Action ministries, which had a focus on revival. He told about how when God called first called him to that ministry, at that time, his young adults were always having pizza parties as the main thing they would do when they got together. But then , Del began encouraging them to seek after God with all their hearts. Now, the motto he began promoting was, ""No Pizza. No Party. No Pop. Just a lot of prayer and a lot of power".

Looking forward to hearing more about what God does through the prayers of these young people.

In Jesus,
John

2010/1/31 14:16Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thank You Jesus!!! I will be praying as well. This is encouraging news and yes, keep us informed.

2010/1/31 16:34Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Thank you so much, I will keep you posted. I appreciate the prayers and I know the boys do too.

2010/1/31 18:57Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

i will pray for these young people!encouraging post Goldminer.

2010/1/31 20:03Profile
Nellie

Re:

God certainly can use the Young people to bring others into the fold.
Thank God for a Pastor who will allow them to be used of God.
May God continue to touch the Young people, and us older people as well.
Very good post.
Nellie

2010/1/31 20:15Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Fantastic. I will pray this is but the beginning. Great news.

2010/1/31 22:44Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Last night one of the youth gave a testimony about their last Monday night meeting. The presence of God was awesome and 2 more young men got saved, also they had increased to 40 in attendence. We had another saved last night also.

If that was all I am rejoicing, but these wonderful young men are loving and kind and displaying the "fruit" of the spirit, even to the point of loving and respecting "old" ladies like myself.

Some of the boys, including the pastor's son have just come off a 2 week fast that they felt God placed them on. God is really moving in these kids hearts. Hallelujah!

2010/2/4 9:22Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The youth of today need the wisdom and experience of the more mature believers that have served the Lord for many years. On the other hand, we need the fire and zeal that these young believers bring to the Church.

Mike

2010/2/4 11:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy