SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prediction for 2010

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Prediction for 2010

This was shared with me via email and I thought I would pass it along for those here and what the Lord might have you take from it. I know in my own heart that the time is short and we are to live for Him only. Not sure what the year ahead holds but there seems to be many who love the Lord are hearing these same things.

love in Him
rdg

1. This year, the party and vacation mentality among the church communities trapped in the world’s system will increase in the name of ‘attractional’ ministry. Jesus warned us that the period of time before His return will be just like the days of Noah. In Noah’s day, nothing externally caused alarm among the masses of people. People were busy indulging their own desires, relaxing, partying, enjoying life, and working simply to put food on the table for their families and pay the bills, so to speak. I am afraid that this will be true in the church system before His return as well. Like Noah who built an ark in a time in which people could not envision eminent massive judgment being poured out on the earth by a holy God, so it will be when Jesus’ appearing draws near. I also imagine that those who live their lives expecting this judgment, or expecting Jesus’ soon return will be seen as ‘out of touch with reality’, or ‘crazy’. As Jesus’ return draws nearer this year, I believe this entertainment mentality will only increase in the church system under the disguise of ‘engaging our culture’. We must be able to recognize this distraction in order to stay focused and attentive to the times we are living in.
2. This year, the world’s system will begin to grow more openly hostile to the true believers who live according to the principles of the kingdom of God. Jesus said in Matthew 24:9 that His true believers would be “hated by all nations.” We will begin to see this hatred displayed in the media, government, and business worlds in ways that we have been previously unaccustomed to in America. Unfortunately, this injustice enacted upon true followers of Jesus will be met with silence and coldness from much of the institutional church community as was demonstrated throughout Rifqa Bary’s situation, and I believe is what is coming in this nation. America is changing fast and scripture reminds us that perilous times will come. I am convinced that the doors to evil have been opened at the highest levels of our society, and we may be confronted with that in a new way this year. Scripture also reminds us ["the Good News of the Kingdom will be declared in all nations" and] that the love of most will grow cold, yet those who endure to the end will be saved. Jamal, Illuminate

2010/1/29 16:59Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re: Prediction for 2010

This has already been happening for 2,000 years

2010/1/29 18:43Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Quote:
This has already been happening for 2,000 years

Well thanks for sharing your thoughts. Personally I have not been attacked or harassed by the media, government, or my employer for being a Christian and living in Him. Of course I do live in the US, I am a stay at home wife, and I really have little to no involvement with the media:)

love in Him
rdg

2010/1/29 18:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy