SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Perversion of the Sovereignty of God by Britt Williams

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: ccrider

Brother ccrider,

I just read your response... I didn't think you were calvinist so I couldn't understand the thoughtless comment so I did go back and reread. And I understand better why you used it now!!

If I in way offended you in that misunderstanding, I deeply apologize to you!

God bless you CC and thank you for your kind response!

2010/1/27 8:54Profile

Re:

Oh, I responded via PM. Thanks for your post and the PM. I understand what you were getting at which is why I apologized to Greg for the word use after the fact. I know you were being 'thoughtful' in your response and I did take heed to that :) God Bless you sister!!

2010/1/27 9:24
Giggles

Re:

Good post makrothumia, but does that mean that the doctrines themselves cannot be known? Just because all cannot agree on truth does not mean it is unknowable or indiscoverable.

2010/1/27 10:05Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re:

Hi, I just wan't to add what I thought the Lord brought to mind. I looked through the message looking for the scripture Eph.1:4, I didn't see it and that would mean he did show me. No problem either way.

I think this passage says it all, that we were chosen. That's sovereignty. That is a message that Paul taught us that first we must tell them the gospel and if they don't receive it then we tell them if we are led by the Spirit, that no one can come to the father unless he draw them. Jn.6:44 that is the first priority You match that with Eph 1:4 chosen in him before the foundation of the world is before the cross.

when we talk about the sovereingty of God it disturbs a spirit of rebelion in people who are not saved, because sowereignty of God means control, and that is why the devil usurps on the earth see 2Cor.4:4 you know what just happened?? when I was getting ready to write that verse 2Cor.4:4 2 scripture verses came and blocked me from writing that verse, never had that happen before. They kind of blinded the page I'm writing on. I'm not saying it was the devil, it just confirmed that the god of this world blinds the minds of hearers of the word of God. We must pray in faith that all the people we send the word of God to, are prayed for. we must love all men and women first then God will open the eyes from being blinded. The love we have is the sufficient faith to work together with the Holy Spirit, to bring light into dark minds. That is the sovereignty of God united with prayer.

God would end the life of Moses sister Miriam but Moses prayed for her. God did save her, but he did also sovereignly punish. she was out of the camp a few days. God includes our prayers of faith in his sovereignty. God bless.

2010/1/27 20:39Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Thank you for an excellent question.

Yes all the doctrines can be known - "in part" - for now we can only know in part. There are great details to be mined from scriptural exegesis, but our ability to know fully how to properly relate the multi-faceted wisdom of God is limited. Everyone can benefit greatly from in- depth, linguistical and grammatical exegesis, but it is less likely that even given this diligent study - every question that remains could be sufficiently answered to everyone's satisfaction.
I am overjoyed at the daily discoveries biblical exegesis affords me, and at the same time, I am reminded "if anyone claims he "sees fully" anything, he does not yet "know experientially" as he ought.

makrothumia

2010/1/28 13:24Profile
Giggles

Re:

Great answer.

2010/1/28 14:11Profile

Re: The Perversion of the Sovereignty of God by Britt Williams

I just came across this verse, and it struck. I don't remember ever really understanding its purpose before, but it seems to have something to do with the Cal-Am debate.

1 Tim 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is [u]the Saviour of all men[/u], [u]specially of those that believe[/u].

2010/1/28 15:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy