SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Testimonies of People who have gone through depression and won

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Testimonies of People who have gone through depression and won

2 Cor 1
8 For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life : 9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves , but in God which raiseth the dead:

Romans 15
13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing , that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I am interested in Sermons that have gone through times of despair and hard times!

2 Corinthians 1:8 KJV
For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life :

Paul faced hard times, I know other did, I think Spurgeon did and Milton Green and the Persecuted Church

If we look at that verse, it says that paul even despaired of life, but he trusted in a god that raised the dead.
With the world and even my own personal circumstances, my life is just falling apart, my brother and someone who I know who helped me get baptised when he spoke on the Judgment of God!

With the situation in Haiti it is afar of but when it is personal as I am finding the situation with my Brother. It hurts. Yet the people in Haiti are like us. To me with life it is not the major event, but the time after it!

People rush to help people but in a few years time they will not care! Sometimes I cry for lost sinners who are going to hell just walking down the street

Luke 13
4 Or those eighteen , upon whom the tower in Siloam fell , and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent , ye shall all likewise perish

We are all a moment away from death, but it is the death that leads up to death for christians that is painful

Psalms 44:22 KJV
Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter

As christians it is continual death! continual depression!
I so want to get to heaven!

Luke 17:6 KJV
And the Lord said , If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root , and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

We need Faith that God cares for us and will bring us through it!

1 Peter 5:7 KJV
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I find it so hard when you are in a situation to see around it having that mustard seed of faith to believe that the God who came in human flesh, Jesus. Who suffered tiredness in a human body! Who saw the first marriage between adam and eve and saw the rampant divorce in the world. Who saw the first murder but yet died for us on the cross!

I know that he cares for me! but I just need the Faith and to actually see Miracles

Judges 6:13 KJV
And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying , Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.

I just have seen miracles in the past, I know GOd can do it in the future! I just need to trust God, GOd help me!

2010/1/23 17:50Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Testimonies of People who have gone through depression and won

I can only speak for myself but brother, we must keep our eyes on Jesus. We must know in our heart that NOTHING has taken Him by surprise, nothing at all! Nothing happens that He has not allowed.

If the Lord knows, then the Lord will provide. I have to disagree with you on something, I want to stay here as long as possible! Not for myself but for those who need Jesus.

I know about frustration, I get very frustrated and usually end up telling the Lord that I can only do so much and do you know what verse comes to me then? [b]The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.[/b]
Luke 10.2

This is why we need to selflessly stay here on earth as long as possible to pray for more workers to go into HIS harvest field.

God bless you brother,

2010/1/23 20:37Profile
live4jc

Hi Deltadom,

I would recommend a book called, 'Spiritual Depression : Its causes and Its cure', by Martyn Lloyd Jones. If you have a look on the book listing on Amazon.com and click to search inside the book, you can start to get a feel for what this book is like, by looking at the 'first pages' of the book. I would highly recommend Lloyd Jones' book. He deals with the subject of Spiritual Depression in a sensitive way, in that he explains that it is something which many believers may struggle with, and which the psalmist David did. Lloyd Jones explains that the antedote to Spiritual Depression is, in a sense, the gospel itself, and just as we can do nothing but trust Christ to save ourselves, in the same way, the remedy for Spiritual Depression lies in trusting Christ alone for deliverance. Here's a portion of the book,

"Would you like to be rid of this spiritual depression? The first thing you have to do is to say farewell now once and forever to your past. Realize that it has been covered and blotted out in Christ. Never look back at your sins again. Say: ‘It is finished, it is covered by the Blood of Christ’. That is your first step. Take that and finish with yourself and all this talk about goodness, and look to the Lord Jesus Christ. It is only then that true happiness and joy are possible for you. What you need is not to make resolutions to live a better life, to start fasting and sweating and praying. No! You just begin to say:

I rest my faith on Him alone
Who died for my transgressions to atone."

Although it may seem like Lloyd Jones is oversimplifying the solution to this problem, he does go into things in much greater depth in the book, and fleshes out his central theme, but in the end the whole book is still an outworking of the truth that the gospel of Christ is the answer to the problem of Spiritual Depression in a believer's life.

As someone whose struggled in this area myself, I found the principles contained in this book to be very helpful. I guess you could say that David is one example of someone who faced Spiritual Depression in his life, and with God's help, he also experienced victory in this area. I am sure there are many other servants of God whose life bears testimony to God's amazing grace in their lives, in connection with Depression.

In Jesus,
John

2010/1/23 22:12Profile
HeartSong

Quote:
I just have seen miracles in the past, I know GOd can do it in the future! I just need to trust God, GOd help me!

Well, here is a small miracle. Today I was out removing some of the ice/slush from the driveway and out of the blue the Lord put it upon my heart to pray for you.

2010/1/23 22:23Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Brother the times that I have gone through depression i would say that i have had to do a few things. Their are times when i am overcome by depression and i cannot do anything about it and i literally have had to scream and cry to God for deliverance and i mean i was literally screaming to God with all my might and he came and gave me peace. But other times i have the feeling of depression come upon me and God has revealed this to me so remember and use this if you can that when the feeling came i knew it was satan bringing a spirit of fear and the scripture i use to give me faith is the spirit of the Lord is not of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. You know when that fear comes that it is not from God, don't believe cast it away in the name of Jesus. Look at ephesians 6 it says that faith would stop all the fiery darts of satan to be extinguished. So brother cry unto ther Lord, resist satan and his fears, know it is from satan and don't believe it, it is not from God and believe his word.Your brother John

2010/1/23 23:45Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy