SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What kind of men will lead the next revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

What kind of men will lead the next revival?

"Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin, and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clergymen or laymen; such alone will shake the gates of hell and set up the kingdom of heaven on earth." -John Wesley

2010/1/20 11:26
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: What kind of men will lead the next revival?

"Those that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God."- Romans 8:14. May God lead, & every man, woman, & child follow is what I hope for. The Lord bless you.

2010/1/20 12:09Profile
Giggles

Great quote appolus, one of my all-time favorites. These men will be nameless and faceless, not looking for themselves to receive any glory, no, all will go to the Lord Jesus. They will say with Whitefield, "Let my name die with me and only Christ be remembered."

2010/1/20 13:56Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Great quote appolus, one of my all-time favorites. These men will be nameless and faceless, not looking for themselves to receive any glory, no, all will go to the Lord Jesus. They will say with Whitefield, "Let my name die with me and only Christ be remembered."

Get ready. It is coming. Lord, let us be such men!

2010/1/21 21:37Profile
Psalm118

Belfast, Northern Ireland

A man like Evan Roberts

2010/1/26 0:15Profile

Re:

Evan Roberts was a working class man of no particular eloquence. We seek revival by finding the best speakers that we can find, and still revival tarries. Where is the man who is humble enough to lead a glorified prayer meeting? God will not be found amongst our many fine words and speaches, He will be found by those who seek Him......Frank

2010/1/26 0:27
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Does it half to be "one man"? If these truly are the last days, then there just could be an uprising in the Holy Spirit all over this world!! This is a different take on what you are asking but I don't believe revival will just be in the churches... if this is God's last go around then it's time to go into the highways and the byways. But sadly, who will be willing to go into these places to compel them to come?

In the bible that is the last thing after He's sent out His invitations!! His table will be full!! Praise the Lord!

2010/1/26 5:07Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Just as the arrival of John the Baptist and Jesus our Lord, I know the arrival of God's men for the last days will not be what the masses expected nor easy to receive.

This is a different season than the days of John Wesley and our forefathers in the faith. This is a time of great delusion and sinfulness in the churches and these things far surpass the evils that these men of God dealt with.

I am looking but for a couple of annointed men of God that are separated as Moses and Aaron were. They must walk in that place as too many have a romantic vision of God moving, and when He does, it always brings upheaval, and great shaking,and then martyrdom.

We say that God is moving in the young people, but it needs to be his way. I know they have zeal, but most of it is worked up through amplifiers and "meditative" prayer which is not true worship. Our young people do not know what manners are and this is a key factor. I could never bring an elderly person into a OneThing gathering and it makes me wonder why this never came to anyone's mind. When you are frail and hurt in your body, the last thing you want are noise, bright lights, and loudness. Somehow we have veered far off from the course that true people of God walk.

What will we do when these select few walk into a congregation and the elders or ministers have their secret sins exposed as like with Peter in the book of Acts, and fall dead before the congregation. Will we accuse them of killing the Lord's people and not recognize it as God's cleaning of His house?

These are just a few thoughts brethren. It is a righteous God we serve and there are too many ways that we insult Him because we all do what is right in our own eyes.

May we look for those that walk in that holy place and not be amongst their murderers when the Lord brings them out.

2010/1/26 5:32Profile

Re:

Lysa wrote..."Does it half to be "one man"? "

No, absolutly not, it will not be one man. I agree with Kathleen, these are different days than Wesley or Whitfield or Finney. This new wine that is coming will require new wineskins. I believe that God is looking for nameless men who only care about His name being raised up. And I believe that these men will bring with them an attitude that resists pride. They will not desire the best place at the table, nor love the greetings in the marketplace. They will not even desire the title of pastor or teacher nor feel the need to give their resume before speaking, the only thing they will desire is to usher in the presence of God and to see Him glorified and His kingdom built.............Frank

2010/1/26 9:24
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Only the Spirit of God reveals what is the mind of the Spirit. Any individual or assembly is ripe for a move of God that is prepared to draw near with a willingness to hear and hearken to what the Spirit is saying to the churches. We are told 7X in Revelation 3 and 4 to, "hear what the Spirit saith..." No other commandment in the bible is spoken of with such fervency as this one commandment. He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. No my plans. Not my logical deductions. Not my diagnosis; but what is the present mind of God concerning me and those that I draw together to God with. If I hear then I might obey. But I must hear before I can hearken and I must hearken if I expect anything from the Lord.

2010/1/26 12:17Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy