SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : History of church worship?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

History of church worship?

How did Jesus worship in the local churches in his area? As the Catholics/Orthadox as we see them today or something totally different?

Where did he worship if not in local churches and what did Jesus think about how the churches worshipped back when He was still here? Did He accept them as they were and were we to follow them today?

How did the post pentacostal churches worship? As what we see with the Catholics/Orthadox before the Roman Empire calapse?

2010/1/20 9:28
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: History of church worship?

'So He came to Nazareth where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.'

Luke 4v16

2010/1/20 12:37Profile
Silo

Re:

Enid,

So Jesus stood up and read? No worship?

2010/1/20 12:45Profile
chrstsm

Re:

To get a better understanding of worship, we must turn to Romans 12:1 & 2. This is the worship that God our Father is looking for.

"I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]." (Amplified)

Hope this helps.

2010/1/20 15:29Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: History of church worship?

I have watched messianic Jewish believers worship God. We have a local messianic pentecostal church near my home that I have visited several times. They have strong ties to Israel, and are very culturally Jewish. The worship is beautiful. It is joyful, incorporates a lot of dance, and what seems to be traditional Jewish musical styles as well as much more modern American styles. I know all things change, but I would believe that the Jewish culture has probably changed less than most. My guess is that it was probably much like this. Remember the party when Jesus rode into the city of Jerusalem before His crucifixion?

Then again, worship is our expression of love and adoration of Him. I guess it is expressed in our own uniqueness. But, my guess is that is looked a quite a bit like Jewish Christians worship today.

2010/1/23 18:18Profile
beatenpath

Re:

i would think Jesus worshipped like how the Jews worship today. this is a good question though.

2010/1/23 20:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy