SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My church is officially dead...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

My church is officially dead...

I think this call is years behind, but I truly believe my church, Central Baptist, is dead. Our report for 2008 left us with less than 50 professing faith that year, with less than 20 being baptized. The report for 2009 gave us just about $1 million, 124 professing faith, 35 baptized... They let 89 men come in and leave just as fast as they came in. The way they are sure that any men are saved is through a repeated prayer, and the way they surrender to full time ministry is by repeating another prayer declaring just how sorry they are for running away from His call... They have just as clouded a gospel as almost every other church in America. They are thoroughly worried over results: They have just recently started an Assimilation ministry in our church who's soul purpose is to bring in the lost and the unchurched and give them a home in our church; They've all voted together to have every sunday night as an Evangelism time, where each member will invite lost souls into the congregation so they can hear the Gospel in our church on Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, and Wednesday nights. And when anyone brings up the idea of prayer meetings, fasting, or studying the Bible, they label them off as legalists. I am so afraid for the future of Central... please pray for us?

2010/1/10 21:45Profile

Re: My church is officially dead...

You have my prayers brother. There is no future outside of His presence............brother Frank

2010/1/10 23:51
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: My church is officially dead...

Brother, I feel for you but most churches are dead especially when they become the "engine that could"... "I" think "I" can, "I" think "I" can; get it?

Like David grieved for his first child with Bathsheba died, he "20 arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.
21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.
22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."
2 Sam 12.23

While I'm submitting this to you, the Lord spoke to me and told me I had been in mourning long enough myself and to get up and do the same! Woo hoooo...

brother, spend time mourning (but not as much as I have), let's get back up, refresh ourselves and go out out do what Jesus wants us to do. "My sheep know My voice and none other will they follow!!"

A quote that Greg sent out with SI updates has spoke to me greatly, perhaps it will too to you:

Meditate on this thought: the feeble state of your spiritual life is mainly due to the lack of time spent in daily fellowship with God. New life will dawn in many souls as a result of time spent in prayer alone with God.
~ Andrew Murray

God bless you brother!

2010/1/12 6:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy