SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Need help with accessing this site with iphone

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Need help with accessing this site with iphone

Can someone help me with a technical issue I am having. I tried to log in using my Iphone but for some reason it goes all the way through the process, it even gives me the thank you for logging in screen but then it goes back to the sermon index page and tells me I am not logged in. I use to be able to log in from my phone but now for some reason it will not let me. Are there some special settings that I need to use to access the site from my Iphone or Ipod touch. Thanks for any help you can offer.

God Bless
maryjane

2010/1/7 14:42Profile
Friedrick

Nicaragua

Re: Need help with accessing this site with iphone

The same thing happened to me on my computer before. I logged in on a different computer and found out I could still log in. It had something to do with a certain internet setting...sorry I can't remember which one!

2010/1/7 15:06Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

If you go to Settings and then to your Safari settings, what are your cookie settings?

With care in Christ...

2010/1/7 18:06Profile
MaryJane

Re:

The cookies are set to never accept. Should I change that?

Thanks for the help.

God Bless
maryjane

2010/1/7 18:26Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Hmm, maybe try changing to where it accepts cookies from the sites you have visited?

Let me know how it goes!

With care in Christ...

2010/1/7 18:27Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Cookies

Hi MaryJane,

You do need accept cookies. The being is that your iPhone, needs the cookie file stored on the device in order to know you are logged in. By accepting a cookie from a site what that means is that site asking your browser, ie Safari on your iPhone, to create a file that includes among other things, the log in information so you don't have to relog in every time. There are some good FAQs available that explain what cookies do online and what is possible to include in them though If you want to find out more.

This is the Wikipedia explaination: [url=http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie?wasRedirected=true]Link[/url]

2010/1/8 1:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy