SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Open Window-Austin Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Waterspring

Re: God is instructing angels...

A big ministry going on towards the angels in heaven through all the battles we face here on earth? My suffering is a source of education to the angels in heaven? A painful period of inaction is actually the working out of a ministry towards the angels in heaven.

This is a mystery. But it encourages me.

Thank you, my friend, for this illuminating extract from TAS.

2010/2/4 11:45Profile
Waterspring

Re: We cannot be a mean people...

Quote:
the larger our apprehension of what the Lord has done for us in His Cross, the more generous we ought to be to others - the more longsuffering and forbearing, the less ready to quickly return evil for evil, more ready to bear and to suffer wrong

We cannot be a mean people, we cannot be petty. We ought to be more generous towards our brethren in the church. Readiness to bear suffering & wrong. We need to overlook the faults of others, instead of exposing them to one and all. We must be magnanimous.

Grace must predominate in the heavenlies. We must be gracious, compassionate, merciful.

The second paragraph of your extract needs deep pondering.

TAS is profound. We cannot understand him, unless we ourselves go through suffering. We learn by suffering.

Thanks, bro.

2010/2/4 11:50Profile
Waterspring

Re: Do people see more of Christ in us?

Can others see the presence of Christ in me? Do I carry the fragrance of Christ? I have seen old believers (who suffered much) carrying the presence of Christ with them; there was a fragrance about them that drew me to Christ.

Am I manifesting the Lord Jesus in all that I say and do? My very words are so unChristlike, being so sharp & rude.

Preciousness. What a word! Precious ointment. Precious. Some hidden, you can't explain it, but there is a registration, an effect, a Presence, a fragrance. Yes, I believe what TAS is saying here. I know it.

2010/2/4 11:54Profile
Waterspring

Re: Prayer touches the ends of the earth.

We are called to live and serve only in His life. Christ lives in me; His life must flow out of me. His wisdom, His strength.

I cannot live by my natural life, it has to be the life of the Spirit. The Spirit must rule me, and this is possible when I abide in prayer, when I am in His presence always (consciously or unconsciously)...I know when I am out of His presence, when I have failed to abide in Him, because I feel 'bad'; there is a dullness, a deadness, a revulsion in the spirit, because I have strayed from His paths into the delusive broadways of this treacherous world. Oh, how we long to come back to Him, to cling to Him. He is my Rock, my Refuge, my Strength, my Salvation. Praise Him!

Once again, thank you for this extract of TAS.

2010/2/4 11:58Profile
Waterspring

Re: Looking off unto Jesus

If we get our eyes upon anything but the Lord Jesus we just go to pieces. That's true. Today I spent time on Youtube, watching some comedies; I felt bad after a couple of hours. I felt miserable. I had to wash my spirit with words of the Spirit. I had to read some TAS articles and get myself back on to the spiritual track.

I am conscious of the fact that I do not belong to this world. I am a stranger here.

And yes, no introspection. No looking at myself and mulling over my inadequacies. Just keep looking to Christ. My eyes on Him, on His word, and in prayer resting on Him.

I agree that I didn't choose to be a Christian. My choice didn't come into it. He chose me. I know what it is to be brought out of thick darkness into His marvellous light. I know deliverance, I know redemption. I know what it is to have my burdens rolled away the day I was born again. No, it is entirely by His grace, by His mercy, by His Spirit.

And yes, what He has begun, He will finish. He is my Alpha and my Omega also. Lord Jesus, I worship You. I love you, Lord, with all my heart. Amen.

2010/2/4 12:04Profile
Waterspring

Re: Spiritual discernment is all too rare.

I agree. There is a rush and hurry about life which renders the 'inner place of divine speaking inoperative'.

Yes, our eyes and ears have to be opened. I agree that many preachers & teachers are occupied with the letter, and no very little of what is called the 'anointing'.

Yes, there is a dead ministry to the mind or head, and a living ministry to the heart or spirit. Moody had the ministry of life, Spurgeon had the ministry of life, Austin-Sparks had a deep deep ministry of life. But we cannot come in touch with life, unless we ourselves go through death. There is no other way, save the way of the cross.

'It pleased God to reveal His Son IN me'. There has to be that inward revelation. Not man's teaching. There is too much of man's teaching, too little of the Spirit's anointing.

Very few, if any, can understand or appreciate the ministry of Sparks. But there are a great many who exploit his name.

2010/2/4 12:14Profile
Waterspring

Re: Seeing Jesus

Yes, the path of the righteous, the path of the believer, is like the shining light that grows brighter and brighter even as it crosses the noonday, and becomes a glorious blaze as it approaches the setting sun. Prov 4.18

All our life, Christian life, we will be seeing more and more. Not just seeing, but knowing, experiencing, enjoying...more of Christ!

That I may know Him!

You can never be reasoned (by intellectual arguments) into the kingdom of God, neither can you be emotionalized (by charismatic excesses) into the knowledge of Christ. It is always by breaking that there is more light. Isaiah 30.26

2010/2/4 12:20Profile
Waterspring

Re: To live is Christ

Quote:
we know as the deepest thing in our being, that unless God does everything in us by His Spirit, all is of no value. We must come to an end of our own working in order to come into His fulness

To reach that point where everything has to be done by Him and Him alone. And we carry that burden in our heart: "Lord, You must intervene. I can do nothing! Lord, come quickly. Deliver!" Oh, to live by His fullness! When His life flows through you, because you have been so thoroughly emptied and broken and humbled that all that remains is only His fullness, His blessing and His lifting you up....on to higher, higher ground...till you understand what it means to be seated in the heavenlies; till you understand the excellency of a 'steadfast heart'. Faith solid as a rock because you are anchored in Christ!

2010/2/4 12:25Profile
Waterspring

Re: The Hidden Church

Quote:
The real Church is a secret, hidden company, and a hidden and secret work is going on in it.

What true, what profound, words! God has kept His hidden ones everywhere. Even in America, as you scour the States, you come across little pockets of life, where believers are learning to live by the Spirit having been broken by the Cross.

Even in London where some who followed TAS have made a mockery of what he taught, you will find a little group of 'hidden ones' learning to live in the Spirit, where you recognize at once the presence of Christ. 1 Cor 14.25

He is a God who hides Himself, Isaiah 45.15. The world does not know us, even as the world did not know the incarnate Christ.

2010/2/4 12:30Profile
Waterspring

Re: Life and Union

Quote:
His life was a God-conscious life; but God-consciousness in the sense of perfect oneness. And that is what it means to have this Life

Truer words were never said. Oh, to have more of this God-consciousness. How easily we forget God. When we prosper, our hearts (like the heart of Uzziah) are lifted up. Knowledge puffs up; but love edifies.

Oh, Lord, that I may have more of the love that flows out of the deep inward experience of the cross.

2010/2/4 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy