Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Teaching question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DirkW

Netherlands

Teaching question

Anyone know how we are to look at mercy-teaching churches for example Joseph prince. Anyone know his teachings and how do you look at them?

For example the book destined to reign. Please only replies from people who know what hè is teaching ( sin, mercy, repentance, sin consiousness etc.)

If someone has good resources to test these teachings that would be great. Hope to learn from you all. Replies please with biblical arguments.

Shalom

2010/1/3 14:24Profile

Re: Teaching question

All I know about Joseph Prince is from his own mouth, in a clip of his preaching on his website, that he is a 'word of faith preacher'.

He strikes me as someone who genuinely loves the word of God, and doesn't realise the whole thing works differently from what he thinks it does. He is very close to truth, and yet missing something vital.

The other topics you mention, I know nothing about.

2010/1/4 7:07
TomHuntford

Re: Teaching question

"I give thank for God for my roots in the Word of Faith teachings. It is truly on the shoulders of great men of God like Brother Kenneth E. Hagin that we are able to see further into the Word of God today. Growing up, I learned a lot about faith from Brother Hagin who truly had a special revelation of faith from the Lord. I deeply honor and respect him for all that he has taught me."

[Joseph Prince, Destined to Reign: The Secret to effortless success, wholeness and victorious living (Singapore: Joseph Prince Media, 2007), 271]

“You are destined to reign in life. You are called to be a success, to enjoy wealth, to enjoy health and to enjoy a life of victory… He has called you to be the head and not the tail.”

http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/joseph-prince-pillar-of-church-growth-and-revenue/

Read his newsletter: its pretty obvious that he believes that healing is guaranteed etc.
http://www.josephprince.org/resources/newsletter/GR_vol1iss1.pdf

Doctrinal response:
This is the acid test. Take the distinctive teachings of any preacher. Drop it, so to speak, into the middle of Romans...or Ephesians...1 Timothy...Hebrews...1 or 2 Peter, etc. Does it fit without making a ripple? If not, forget it and go back to the Scriptures. Most problem teachings have a measure of good in them. Prince teaches how Jesus paid for our sins. He errs, like so many, in loosing sight of the fact that the body is not redeemed until the resurrection (Rom 8:23). That there are two lists in the "hall of faith" in Hebrews 11--and that some get to be on the "victory" list, others on the "afflicted" list, and you don't get to choose, God does. The opposite error is held by others--that all God's faithful ones are "afflicted", and that comfort, wealth, and any degree of success or ascendency in this life are out of the will of God.

The solution? Read the New Testament over and over. Especially the epistles. They are the word of Christ for those who live post-resurrection, along with the Gospels. You get familiar with the New testament like a Treasury agent gets familiar with genuine money--you'll spot the counterfeit immediately.

God bless you and keep you as you seek to obey Him and live for Him totally.

2010/1/4 22:05Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy