SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fasting

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Miccah, that's no way to address a woman! Stop being a religious bigot.

When I said,
I haven't broken my fast this morning
I was referring to 'breakfast'.
Obviously, you're immune to humor,
you morose clown!

2009/12/30 12:05
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Miccah, that's no way to address a woman! Stop being a religious bigot.

Your attitude is unbecoming of a women. Your words do not reflect of one who walks with the Lord.

Quote:
When I said,
I haven't broken my fast this morning
I was referring to 'breakfast'.
Obviously, you're immune to humor,
you morose clown!

Name calling? You have seriously stooped to name calling? Please explain to me how name calling (i.e. bigot and morose clown) is in the spirit of Christ?

Your arrogance and pride rivals those of the world.

2009/12/30 12:09Profile

Re:

Okay, I forgive you. It's clear that you're not familiar with the English language and its idiomatic expressions.

Now don't confuse 'idiom' with 'idiot'.

Be blessed, and stay calm.
God's word acts as a soothing balm.

Prov 12.16

2009/12/30 12:13
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Okay, I forgive you. It's clear that you're not familiar with the English language and its idiomatic expressions.

Now don't confuse 'idiom' with 'idiot'.

Your continued condescending posts is unbecoming of someone who walks with Christ. Your true heart is on display for all to see.

Quote:
Prov 12.16

Thank you for the Proverb. Scriptual words that we all need to hear and live by. Are you familiar with this Proverb?

[b]Proverbs 6:12-19 (NKJV)[/b]

A worthless person, a wicked man,
Walks with a perverse mouth;
He winks with his eyes,
He shuffles his feet,
He points with his fingers;
Perversity is in his heart,
He devises evil continually,
He sows discord.
Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly;
Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.
These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

2009/12/30 12:24Profile
MaryJane

Re:

SueMaria

Your posts are neither edify or written in the love of Jesus.
Calling another member names is not what this site is all about. Please read the rules that are posted by Greg and consider what you are posting...

mj

2009/12/30 12:29Profile

Re:

Mr Christian (?),

For one simple proverb of 2 lines warning you not to lose your temper, you throw 20 lines at me. Aren't you being vindictive?

You remind me of the religious bigots in Hawthorne's novel, The Scarlet Letter. It would do you well to read it...carefully & prayerfully.

2009/12/30 12:32
MattSmith

Webster, Texas

Re: Fasting

Lucash, don't let fear of getting it wrong keep you from trying. Fasting is simply removing, for a time, something of value to you. It most cases it is food. Don't make it so complicated. Pray and/or read the Word when you would normally eat. If you've never fasted before this will be enough. Listen to the promptings of the Spirit as He may well lead you deeper after you have begun a habit of fasting.

The reward for a fast is incredible. The most important thing in a fast is to keep your mind on Christ in the midst of an angry attack by an angry belly. It is the most important and most difficult aspect. Fasting is a blessing. Don't make it a curse by adding a bunch of rules.

2009/12/30 12:35Profile

Re:

Uhmm if 20 lines is vindictive then I'd hate to see how vindictive God is with, you know, more than 20 lines in HIs book. Not sure about 'morose clown' though. That is right there on the line of vindictiveness... it could go either way though. It could be considred vindictive but it could also be a loving tutorial to those who may or may not confuse idiom with idiot. One thing is for sure though, you do know the difference and should be commended for pointing out that some people could confuse those terms. Otherwise we may have an epidemic of misinterpretation on our hands.

2009/12/30 12:40
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

SueMarie wrote,

Quote:
Mr Christian (?),

For one simple proverb of 2 lines warning you not to lose your temper, you throw 20 lines at me. Aren't you being vindictive?

You remind me of the religious bigots in Hawthorne's novel, The Scarlet Letter. It would do you well to read it...carefully & prayerfully.

[b]Proverbs 12:1 (NKJV)[/b]

Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.

2009/12/30 12:50Profile
Lucash

Kentucky

Re: Reply

Okay, I like the insight and advice you guys/girls have given me and I thank you for it. Upon reading all of it, I've recognized there's definitely some preparation that needs to happen before I just go off and fast. I plan on drinking more water, and eating more healthy these next couple of days. I realize it's not healthy to just say "I'm going to fast." out of nowhere and do it with no preparation. As for the "partner" idea of fasting, my wife is pregnant so I'm definitely not going to ask her to fast, but I do have a couple of brothers in mind, but I'm still stewing on it. I feel when someone offers me food I'll be more readily equipped to tell them "No thanks."

My body is a temple for the Lord and I'm not going to eat uncontrollably or become like a glutton. Because my body his a temple for the Lord, I will fast and show control over the things of this earth so I can more readily say "I love Him more than these."

- In Christ, Lucash

2009/12/30 12:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy