SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : How do we know when God has given up on us?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Mike said:

Quote:
but it was in my darkest hour that He revealed His amazing grace to me.

Yes Amen! I hear that loud and clear. It's here in this place that God reveals His word to me. In darkness and obscurity the light of His word is revealed.

2009/12/31 11:51
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

You know brethren i understand everything you our saying and i don't question od can do anything at all, but my situation just keeps getting worse for amost 2 years that i have been seeking God for forgiveness and getting closer to him. I mean i have sought God more than i ever have but in doing so my heart has unwillingly grew hard towards God, i have lost my faith in Christ if i even have had true faith in Christ to begin with, i know i didn't have true faith in his finished work on the cross because my first 5 years when i thought i was a christian i had no idea what that meant and true salvation. I have tried to just have faith but i just can't rest in it, satan just comes and continually attacks me and God has not intervened.Why would God let my heart become hard and myself lose faith in Christ, i have hard time now just believing in God without the enemy blocking my mind, i mean i know i want to surrender and believe with all my heart but it is like i am blocked,i know this is for jdl but i just can't get my own things to work out. I want to believe that Jesus is the son of God and have eternal life and live for Christ like i had nothing else to live for, but i feel just incapable. I did pray that God would reveal my sin to me and bring conviction upon me of my wickedness and during this time this is what happened. I also have noticed that i have hatred in my heart towards many people and i even noticed my heart seems to like to hear bad things happen, and it makes me sick but its like i want it. Is this apart of God showing my wickedness or what, because if you seen my mind and heart you would not like me. I have been overly selfish and seem to just not care anymore, i have lost almost all of my desire to read Gods word and to fellowship and go to church. After the revivaal conference i seriously felt the holy spirit speaking to me again but it left. But i mean do i have to literally have to go through this much and still get nothing from God. For the first time in my life i understand the cross, the holiness of God which i didn't know the first almost 5 years as a supposed to be a christian, but i just hope its not to late. I don't question at all that the holy spirit awakened me but i fell so bad and i see truly converted christans just growing and growing while i fall and fall and lose my faith. I want the Lord.John

2010/1/1 16:04Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: How do we know when God has given up on us?

I want to share two sermons and transcripts to the sermons so you all can read along while listening, these two sermons have helped me greatly in dark times. I am sure they will help you to, i encourage you to listen and read. They are not very long.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19506&forum=34&1]He Ever Liveth to Make Intercession[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19494&forum=34&6]
Resurrection: A Living Personal Reality[/url]

2010/1/1 16:12Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey john

I read your post and I know this has been an on going thing for you. I do not want to come off harsh toward you so please know that what I am writing is done in love for you. If you take the time to reread what you have written look at how many times you use the word "I". It seems that your focus is very much on self and not on the Lord at all? Maybe its time to stop looking at yourself as a victim of your situation and start praying and spending time in the Bible seeking to get to know Jesus the person? Make Jesus the focus of your life, look to all that He has done for you and continues to do for you daily. God does not give up on us and He does not turn us away when we are truly seeking Him.

Please know that I will keep praying for you.

your little sis in Him
wind_blows

2010/1/1 16:21Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

that was not harsh at all, you may be right, but when i read the word of God satan starts speaking to me and saying look theirs contradictions or hey this couldn't have happened etc., please pray for when i read the word of God that God will block satan from interfering. John, thanks hhhhmmmm

2010/1/2 0:40Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

well i just listened to the one about the iron and borrowing from someone else. That was really good, at first glimpse his voice seems to turn me off but i read and listened, how deep he is, one of the deepest i have ever heard. I don't think i borrowed maybe some of my views, i do know i experienced Christ, but it was very encouraging, thank you.

2010/1/2 1:15Profile
A-Run

India

Re:

Hi

I think some of the saints have given good replies.

But, i know 'one thing' that it is not the will of God for us to continue in those 'dark periods' for long time. Its true that many of us do experience some periods like that- but as 'Paul West' said- it is the way that God leads us and strengthens us(Psalm23)- but at the same time, God is wanting to lift us up always.

I think you need to take out time to spend time in prayer and reading of the Word of God and ask God to lift you. And do this in Faith and He will touch you (Matthew21:22).
Also, you need to continue to 'Watch & Pray' so that you are consistent in your spiritual life.

One of the things i believe is: If there is one person in the whole world who is for me in all my struggle, then that is Jesus Christ!
And if my struggle is against sin and the devil, then i can be absolutely sure that Jesus is with me and for me(Hebrews ch2 and ch4).

2010/1/2 1:29Profile
Giggles

Re:

We know God has given up on us only after death and were we to find that we were indeed not His. Until that moment, death or the Judgment Seat, He has not given up, and surely we should not.

2010/1/2 1:39Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
at first glimpse his voice seems to turn me off but i read and listened, how deep he is, one of the deepest i have ever heard. I don't think i borrowed maybe some of my views, i do know i experienced Christ, but it was very encouraging, thank you.

I to for a long time though T.A Sparks way of preaching was dull, i to was turned off. I had only listened to "fiery" preaching a la ravenhill, washer and so on. But i am so thankful i listened just as you did anyway, i learned something, God speaks to "fiery" preachers that get passionate and raise their voice to communicate Gods word, but some of the deepest things i heard was through a still small voice like sparks. I think he was the greatest preacher to the church during the whole 1900s. But i find just as with Art Katz he requires your full undivided attention, if you "dream off" for five minutes you miss the whole message. So i am convinced it will do is a great good to learn how to "hear" Gods word in all its forms, anyone who learns to listen to Sparks will gain so much.

God bless you all

Christian

2010/1/2 4:53Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: How do we know when God has given up on us?

Jdl,

This is an excellent sermon and I believe it is right up the alley of what you need (well, what we all need brother!). I hope you can find some quiet time and give all your attention to this.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4280&commentView=itemComments]The Spirit of Grace and Power[/url] by Zac Poonen

Zac says in it that, "We don't get revelations by studying the Scriptures or greek and hebrew, over and over; we get revelations from the needs in our life and when we seek God out of those needs."

God bless you, I believe this sermon will bless you if you give it a chance!!

2010/1/2 15:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy