SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : How do we know when God has given up on us?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jdl

How do we know when God has given up on us?

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great holiday...I was wodnering about the concept of God giving people up...I'm frightened because I fear that may be my case...Sometimes my heart feels so hardened that I don't even have a sense of conviction...Sometimes my head feels so out of reality that I barely think straight on spiritual matters...and sometimes I just don't feel like seeking after God and trying to find Him...what can I do? How do I know if I have been given up? It's an awful feeling...has anybody been thru this?

2009/12/26 13:37Profile

Re: How do we know when God has given up on us?

Do you believe these words?

Quote:
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR WILL I ABANDONED YOU.

If you say yes, then my question is, What is your problem?

2009/12/26 14:16
flameoffire

Michigan

I have felt like you do many times before in my battle with besetting sin. But God is faithful. You will leave Him without a care in the world long before He will leave you. David also struggled with these thoughts many times throughout the psalms (look at Psalm 6 and Psalm 13) because of the fear he had over his sin and the knowledge that he had forsaken fellowship with God. God is faithful to answer the penitent. Cry out to God and seek Him in His word. Worship Him and seek His presence. The bottom line is that God is awesome, holy, faithful and true and deserves our worship. Move forward in that thought and seek him regardless of your anxieties. You will find him.

2009/12/26 14:24Profile

Re:

brother i know what your going through. I myself am still struggling, i guess it is the lack of his presence, i don't know why he just can't come to help right now when we cry to him. I have been crying for 2 years in someways he has answered but in others i am still feeling like a lost person. But brother i higly recommend you read the book from that great saint john bunyan called grace abounding or even augistines confessions maybe they will help. Especially john bunyans it wil make you smile because he went through the same thing.

2009/12/27 4:51

Re:

I feel like the more i have sought him the more hardened i get too, know when has an answer to this, i disagree with faith, i believe it is only by the power of the holy spirit that we can believe not by us, because if it was in our hands i would have believed already.

2009/12/31 7:38

Silo has been in several times starting posts in utter disbelief, and I know exactly where he is at because I have been there many times and only a quick shot of the word to remind us that we are not alone and that God is right there for us, if we only bend towards Him instead of our self pity of "oh woe is me". God has never wallowed with me in that. He'd let me have my tantrum but when I settled down, then He speaks peace to my spirit and I hear that the word of God is truth. Now I can push it away and continue in my unbelief, or I can begin to accept it and begin again. There is nothing wrong in starting over again. It doesn't matter if a car has been in storage for any length of time, it still needs to be tended to in order for it to start properly. So it is with us, we need faith in order for us to start properly and it will always require faith, anything else is sin.

For Silo, he needs a good swift kick of faith to jump start him into the world of believing instead looking at his surroundings. And believe you me, I am speaking to the choir here. We can't afford to go back down to this lower nature and feed on the dregs of lifeless fruit. We need to feed on faith. And I, having been down for the count on many occasions understand the plight of those who have been knocked down by sin or by someone beating up on the saints. There is an element of mercy that we must show, however, it's not the type for us to wallow in it with our fellow brethren, it's the type of mercy that is mixed with faith that draws us up out of that miry clay and so we can stand properly on that Rock to stay. He put a song in my soul today, a song of praise hallelujah.

So lift up the head that is hanging low and and let us go against how we feel and praise God anyway. Even if all we can conjure up is a 'sigh', that too is good. Psalm 103 says:

[10] He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
[11] For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
[12] As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
[13] Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
[14] For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

If we can say anything, we can sing that song of gratitude,

"I'm so happy and here's the reason why, Jesus took my burden all away"

BECAUSE

"He took my sins away, He took my sins away, and keeps me singing everyday, I'm so glad that He took my sins away, He took my sins away."

We must remember Silo that the journey that Jesus took in this life we are following Him in that same journey. There will be times when we are low, He was low. "A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief." There were times that He was happy. Can you imagine the surge of excitement when someone with faith shows up and says, "just speak the word LORD and I know it's done". And He had that foreknowledge, but there were times that He marveled too. I find that amazing. He knew it anyway, but still His mind was boggled.

Have you ever watched a child do something that just boggled your mind? It's funny to watch because you see this small creature do something that you'd never expect to happen. Children don't see things that are impossible, they just do. We make it impossible for them if it involves danger, and we'll protect them. While others simply stunt their possibilities altogether to which they give up trying to do anything because they are hindered from advancing.

But we who are of the faith are not hindered, unless it's a besetting sin, and most times it's a besetting sin. In ministry it can be sin, but there are also opposing forces.

Sin does one thing for us that I am glad is evident, it doesn't satisfy. It's only when we are sick and tired of being sick and tired, that is when we stand up against the thing that is not making us satisfied and move toward a source that will continually satisfy, our LORD God.

2009/12/31 10:20

Re:

thank you deepthinker

2009/12/31 10:51
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brethren,

There is a principle in the spiritual that we all must go through as part of the maturation process in God. Unfortunately, you never really hear about this truth in sermons or books, except by ministers who have gone through the fires of failure and trials in God's school and have come out the other side "refined" and able to comfort others by the comfort wherewith they themselves are comforted by God (2 Cor. 1:4).

The truth is simply this: a deepening awareness of God's grace is often wrought by immense personal failure, often repeated over and over before victory through faith is gained. God will allow that one "besetting sin" to remain, to torment you, to keep you humble, to keep your face in the dirt while He continues to do a slow but necessary work in your heart. All of this is part of the process of conformity to Christ. It is painful, distressing...and sometimes downright fearful. There are times where you'll believe you've truly reached the end of grace and passed the point of no return, only to have God suddenly fill you afresh with the Holy Spirit and comfort you with the assurance of His still-abiding presence. Such amazing grace, love and mercy is soul-staggering and designed to bring you to true repentance through His divine goodness.

The Christian walk is a daily sojourn through Vanity Fair. It's an adventure in the truest sense, filled with pitfalls and delights, temptations and mirages, false brethren, traps, flesh-wars and spiritual assaults lurking potentially around each turn in the trailway. God allows us to often fail temporarily to these hinderances in order to wean us off relying on our own resources to "keep us saved" and prove the truth behind verses like Philippians 3:9; Philippians 1:6; Galatians 5:16; Philippians 2:13; I Peter 1:5 et cetera.

2009/12/31 11:02Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I can't really improve on what Deep Thinker has already said, but as I was deleting some of my old E-mails, I ran across a message given by David Wilkerson in 2007 on "Dry Spells". I am going to send this message out in a seperate post, because I believe that there are many Christians that are going through a "dry spell" right now. There are many reasons for this, but God's ultimate purpose is to bring us into enlargement and greater fruitfulness. God is working all things for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28).

Mike

2009/12/31 11:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The post by Paul West has been my personal experience, and at times it really looked like I was finished, going down for the count, where I seemed to have lost all of my faith. Praise God that He is faithful, and where sin did abound, His grace did much more abound. I am thankful that the Lord has brought me into a place of victory, but it was in my darkest hour that He revealed His amazing grace to me.

Mike

2009/12/31 11:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy