SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A question about spiritual warfare?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
anonymity

A question about spiritual warfare?

Sometimes I will have problems in my heart and mind with doubts towards God and a sense of giving up or other things. At that time there is no reasoning with me. If someone tells me that I am thinking wrong or something it doesn't help. Then sometime later all of a sudden I will have some thought pop into my head and will get back on track internally and have peace and correct thinking ect. I am not sure if it is spiritual warfare, or the flesh, or other things or both. I'm sure it is a mix of these things. I wonder though if this more specifically is demon coming to disturb me and then somehow they get shaken off. Maybe it is also just human nature in that we can be moody and just switch really fast. Not only am I wondering these things, but I am also wondering if others have similar experiences or if I am alone in these happenings. An example is I will sit down at a meeting and my mind will be bound by doubts and no matter how I try to think myself out of it I cant then later sometime it just goes away. I thought to myself it is because Satan is a better intellect then me and only God can continually keep me to have an enlightened mind to the truth of the Gospel and God. Another example is the other day I was doubting and feeling fainthearted and just telling myself that I cannot go on that the ministry and this world is just too heavy and then after a couple days of that out of nowhere I had a thought sort of like an epiphany though it was an obvious theological thought though this time it just ministered to me and then I was fine.

2009/12/25 23:26Profile
HeartSong

Re: A question about spiritual warfare?

Here is a link to a sermon that I listened to today that might be helpful:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18166&commentView=itemComments]The Occult by Bill McLeod[/url]

2009/12/25 23:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
but I am also wondering if others have similar experiences or if I am alone in these happenings.

Yes. It is common. It happens to many...it is not something peculiar to modern day Christianity. I suggest you go read the story of Elijah, his response after he slew the prophets of Baal...That incident has much to teach us.

I do not have much time now to expand on this question but I do know quite well what you are talking about. The basic thing you need to do is stay in the WORD. You will never go wrong doing so. And be sure to tell the LORD exactly how you are thinking, feeling and experiencing. And keep talking until peace and assurance flood your soul.

Have a blessed day.

ginnyrose

2009/12/25 23:50Profile
dohzman

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Your warfare will lessen to the degree in which you pray and read the Word of God.
Pro 4:1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
Pro 4:2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
Pro 4:3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
Pro 4:4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
Pro 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Pro 4:6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

2009/12/25 23:52Profile
anonymity

Re:

Yeah thanks I think it is among many. I think it is good for me to be aware of it so that when it occurs I can identify it instead of thinking it something else and being deceived unto ruin. To instead of wrestling in the natural and trying to figure things out to just humble oneself before God and pray and seek.

2009/12/29 19:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
to just humble oneself before God and pray and seek.

So simple...how the enemy works to distract us from this.

Brother, in the past many have voiced this question here on SI. It is a very common malady, so be comforted. You may also want to read the Psalms. Since David was a man after God's own heart it is encouraging to read his heart's cries...than we know we are not as odd as we think we are.

Take care...

ginnyrose

2009/12/29 20:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy