SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : End-Time View

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread









 Re:

Waltern, you divide yourself from just about everyone here and not because of your elongated copy and pastes. Tell me.. where is your scripture validation for all of your false accusations among your brethren? Really if anyone is true to form, its you.... why? because you're a very slow learner. Who will you accuse next of perverting the Gospel, being a rampant catholic, being married to so and so, or pretending to be such in such??? All of which were WRONG. I would accuse you of being Balaam's donkey but you might be over qualified for being any kind of an ASS that God could use. How many times do you need to be rebuked by the very facts that so illuminate your paranoid, goofriddled, and myopic accusations? You want to be taken seriously yet you refuse to acknowledge your obvious and blatant disregard for scripture itself. Let's give you a sample:

1 Corinthians 13
Love

"1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Read how love is defined waltern, read how it is defined by the very scripture you boast of most selfishly. Don't ignore it.... READ IT. Do you believe you exemplify this quality here on the forum??? No wait... you obviously can't critique yourself... how about your brethren??? What do they think? I think the jury came back with that awhile ago..... but those ears who are supposed to hear what the spirit has said to you in love, well they are as deaf as your own denial that the problem certainly could not be you.

Do you even realize the 'clanging cymbal' analogy above??? I think Paul is speaking prophetically here. Paul said: RESOUNDING GONG. Not just a gong but a 'resounding gong' that can't learn and continues to clang and gong and clang and gong etc.... Guess what Waltern?? Paul is speaking to YOU. Either you get it or you don't. Resounding gongs don't get it, they ignore the obvious because they are too in love with the sound they make... a sound that no one wants to hear and a sound that the Holy Spirit just warned us about. You have been rebuked in love but you don't care. If you did, you wouldn't have become the most ignorant and shameful version of 'Sherlock Holmes' with your goofy, tacky, and 'astuteless' observations and wrongheaded accusations of many here who have proven themselves to be not only of Godly qualities and good doctrine, but highly tolerant of your stupidity and presumption.... and again this out of the love described in the scripture above. And this.. the same love you seem to be able to quote (because after all it is SCRIPTURE) but not demonstrate. You quote scripture... many here live it.. not because they follow the letter of the law to perfection, or because of their scholarly posts, but because you, ironically, bring out their good fruit in their love for you in their posts... all the while you demonstrate your own foul and decomposing fruit hanging for dear life to the root that isn't impressed at all about how much you think you know. Do you see the irony here?? If not, then you refuse to be conformed to the very thing you cling to as your identity... scripture. Believe it or not, scripture learned in the spirit and love of Christ is desinged to transform and mold the brethren first, and then.. and only then, can they teach. Ask Peter. Because when a true teacher of Christ teaches...and those who listen truly listen, they know the spirit from which it comes. That's why you can know scripture up and down, sideways and back, and still be considered a dung heap of useless verbage.

 2009/12/30 19:04









 Re:

CCRider, Your no different brother. Railing at your brother in Christ won't do anything. I highly suggest editing your post.

If brother Walter wants to accuse then let him, but let us not use words that are not fitting for us believers. There is a temptation to strike back, but endure that temptation. Silence can be the best medicine in some cases, and prayer offered up to that one who has badgered you will make you stronger to resist the next time.



 2009/12/30 21:24









 Re: Scripture & Doctrine or News & Current Events?




Hello, ccrider

I see you are new to Sermonindex as of today, 12/30/2009.
Are you any relation to Deepthinker? Just wondering. no name, no personal email address, no State. Sort of fits a pattern here.

What is the topic of this thread, ccrider?

Scripture and Doctrine is the answer!


Doctrine and Scripture are defined as the following (Noah Webster’s 1828 Dictionary:

DOCTRINE, n. [L., to teach.]
1. In a general sense, whatever is taught. Hence, a principle or position in any science; whatever is laid down as true by an instructor or master. The doctrines of the gospel are the principles or truths taught by Christ and his apostles. The doctrines of Plato are the principles which he taught. Hence a doctrine may be true or false; it may be a mere tenet or opinion.

2. The act of teaching.
He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in his doctrine. Mark 4.

3. Learning; knowledge.
Whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Isaiah 28.

4. The truths of the gospel in general.
That they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things. Titus 2.

5. Instruction and confirmation in the truths of the gospel. 2 Timothy 3.


SCRIP'TURE, n. [L. scriptura, from scribo, to write.]
1. In its primary sense, a writing; any thing written.
2. Appropriately, and by way of distinction, the books of the Old and New Testament; the Bible. The word is used either in the singular or plural number, to denote the sacred writings or divine oracles, called sacred or holy, as proceeding from God and containing sacred doctrines and precepts.
There is not any action that a man ought to do or forbear, but the Scripture will give him a clear precept or prohibition for it.
Compared with the knowledge which the Scriptures contain, every other subject of human inquiry is vanity and emptiness.

Other definitions that apply on this thread (Scripture and Doctrine):

SCRIP'TURIST, n. One well versed in the Scriptures.

SCRIP'TURAL, a. [from scripture.]
1. Contained in the Scriptures, so called by way of eminence, that is, in the Bible; as a scriptural word, expression or phrase.
2. According to the Scriptures or sacred oracles; as a scriptural doctrine.

SCRIP'TURALIST, n. One who adheres literally to the Scriptures and makes them the foundation of all philosophy.

[b]This thread that you are posting on ccrider is entitled “Scripture and Doctrine”. It has everything to do with the understanding of Sound Doctrine that is found in the Scriptures.

What is sad, is that today most Christians have no understanding of Sound Doctrine, that is only supported by Scripture. We cannot support the Doctrine that we post here by our own ideas or emotion, but only by the Word of God, the Bible..

Some believers do not want to do that, and are uncomfortable in doing so. Their feet are held to the fire, so to speak, by the Word of God. If you are that type of person, it would probably be easier for you to focus on the other forums (i.e. Articles & Sermons, General Topics, Miracles that follow the plow, Devotional thoughts, & News and current events)

In the Scripture and Doctrine section, only one type of answer is the correct answer. What answer is that? The one that is supported in the Word of God, not in the minds of men.[/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

 2009/12/30 22:15









 Re:

Quote:
You and I (CCC123) must not read the same Bible. Mine tells me that in order to be approved unto God, that I have to: 15. Study to shew thyself approved unto God,



Go look. You'll find that that old English word "study" means "be diligent" or "make an effort"...basically "make sure you do this". This is why the KJV says "study to be quiet." (1 Thess 4:11)

So this is an exhortation to a bishop to make certain that he is approved unto God.

But thanks for the incredibly wonderful example of why Sola Scriptura and the ease of eisegesis among ignorant and unstable men can shipwreck souls.

 2009/12/31 0:21
MaryJane
Member



Joined: 2006/7/31
Posts: 3057


 Re:

CCC123
you wrote:But thanks for the incredibly wonderful example of why Sola Scriptura and the ease of eisegesis among ignorant and unstable men can shipwreck souls.
__

Please stop trying to push the false and dead traditions of the Roman Catholic Church here on sermon index.

 2009/12/31 0:41Profile









 Re: The mother of Harlots and murderers.

CCC123............. "Exactly. The Catholic church never contradicts itself or bends interpretation to the flavor of the decade.
They never ask their subordinates to bend to their thinking or interpretation." [ To Waltern I assume. ]


No, they don't [ ask subordinates to bend to their thinking ]. They demand it, and murder those who resist....[ by the thousands and thousands..]


Once an ancient satanic Babylonian cult; always a satanic Babylonian cult.

 2009/12/31 5:30









 Re:

No Waltern.... WOW....short memory. My e-mail address was posted when I signed up so I don't know what your looking at. I've been here over a year and deleted my account and am back. Again you're wrong. In the recent past, you accused me over and over again wrongly and when I called you out on it and proved you wrong you basically said you were 'talking to Orthodox anyway'. You don't have a clue, you can't keep track of people or issues... that's why you are always rebuked and proved wrong in many of your accusations of your brothers and sisters. Here we go again....amazing. The topic of the thread is what it is.... but I do know this: the thread has nothing to do with wrongly accusing brethren of being who they are not. Why should I stick to thread topic if you permit youself to take a break so you can smuggly spew ridiculous accusations?? You say doctrine is important but then out of nowhere you go off on this pitiful attempt to be Sherlock Holmes and embarrass yourself.... again. We've debated scripture and have bantered back and forth many times in th past... so I'm well aware of your pompous dissertations as is everyone here. I stand by my last post.. you have all kinds of scripture but no fruit. You honor God with your keyboard but when it comes to being Christlike with your brethren.... again the jury came back on that a long time ago. Thanks for the forum lesson though... you are well schooled in forum ediquette and semantics.. unfortunately you're also a hypocrite who breaks his own standard to play 'forum cop' with wrong accusations that would make the Keystone Cops shake their head. STOP WRONGFULLY ACCUSING YOUR BRETHREN OF BEING WHO THEY ARE CLEARLY NOT... I was hoping you had changed since the last time we were 'thread buddies' because even unsaved people can check themselves after multiple embarrassments. I know most here know what I'm saying because it's been said before. People here are obviously frustrated with your continued antics.... all while you hide behind your red letter copy and pastes.

My name and e-mail were the same as my last account. I haven't put it all up yet but feel no threat from you whether I do or not. 99% of the time you have information on someonge you wrongly accuse anyway, and in that 1% you may accidently get it right, there's no real threat anyway because your reputation with all this now precedes you.

 2009/12/31 8:58









 Re:

Hi Deepthinker. I'm sure you're right but even Christ himself couldn't bear hypocrites who ran roughshod over people with their 'superior' and pompous knowledge of Scripture. When they wouldn't listen He got tired of it and turned the tables. That said... I'm well aware that I have work to do in certain areas.

What you don't know is that before I left I got PM's from some people discussing how they've been truly hurt by this nonsense and it hasn't let up. Enough is enough.

 2009/12/31 9:22









 Re: False Scripture, False Doctrine & The False Church



To Deepthinker:

[b]As I examine the many posts on this thread, in the Subject Matter of Scripture and Doctrine, I think back to our many "conversatons" about this subject. When you first joined Sermonindex, I was in deep prayer for you, and we had many conversations about Scripture & Doctrine, and what you really think about it. In fact, I have a great idea. Since you have told me that you totally reject Scripture and Doctrine, that is found in the Bible, why not ask the Moderators to set up a new Subject matter called “False Doctrine and False Scripture for the False Church”, with you as the Moderator. If they ask for your qualifications, I can help you in that regard.

Below, you will find several of our many conversations on this issue of where you stand on Sound Scripture & Sound Doctrine. By looking these over, they will know immediately that you personally qualify to moderate the False Doctrine and False Scripture of the False Chrurch:

[u]These are some of the highlights of your statements:[/b][/u]

1. [color=990000][b]As regarding Church attendance. I don't go. There is not a man that is worthy enough to sit under.

You will call it rebellion, and maybe your right. But I truly don't know a man who has the "truth" (and I am not talking about bible prophecy, there is more to the bible besides that subject).[/color][/b]

2. [color=990000][b]I've sat under great men. Men that deserved respect because they weren't looking for it. No, in order for me to be in Church, I have to be the Pastor.[/color][/b]

3. [color=990000][b]So it is with me saying that I don't go to church. Oh yes, I know the "law" says for me not to forsake the assembly but I am compelled to obey the Spirit of God, after all He is the one doing the leading. I know you won’t understand any of this. [/color][/b]

4. [color=990000][b]I was seeking Him in prayer and fasting almost 10 years ago when He began to open the word up to me in regards to what I have been spouting. Especially Daniel 9:27. I was about 2 weeks in the fast and believe me brother I had no desire or interest in bible eschatology, in fact I avoided such things because I just wanted to know the LORD. That was my intent when I started the fast, to know Him more intimately.

My brother I would give eschatology up in a moment. As you know I am not educated or old enough or suited to teach such a subject, there are much better qualified men who can do the job far better than I could. But I am compelled to move forward with this, call it a zeal call it error.

But I will seek the LORD again prayer and fasting not to know more about Revelation but to know Him intimately. I never wanted any of this, never!! It's more of a burden, I just want to know the LORD. [/color][/b]


5. [color=990000][b]Another Gospel?

Them's fighten words brother! (haha)

Another gospel that Paul preached was a mixture of law and grace, to draw the individual under condemnation which we have been freed from by walking after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

Not another gospel my brother, rather a correct interpretation of bible prophecy. What you fail to understand is the language in which God spoke through the prophets concerning Matthew 24 and the Apostles writings and the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ whom John received while he was on the Island of Patmos.[/color][/b]



[b]My post to you:[/b]

waltern wrote:
Hello, Deepthinker:

You never mentioned a Church. Do you attend a Bible Believing, Bible Teaching Church each Sunday, and attend a midweek Bible Study? If not, why not? This is a necessity, especially for a newer believer.

We are told to "Test the Spirits, to see whether they are of God"

This is from John Piper, and relates to the subject matter here, that the Lord has placed on my heart for you:

Test the Spirits to See Whether They Are of God

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/1985/488_Test_the_Spirits_to_See_Whether_They_Are_of_God/

Listen | Download | Podcast


[b]Your Response to me:[/b]
Re: Re: Re: An Olive Branch

Amen and Amen

[color=990000][b]As regarding Church attendance. I don't go. There is not a man that is worthy enough to sit under.

You will call it rebellion, and maybe your right. But I truly don't know a man who has the "truth" (and I am not talking about bible prophecy, there is more to the bible besides that subject).[/color][/b]

They are all into this seeker sensitive, purpose driven madness. There maybe one that is not, but he is too far out of the city.

[color=990000][b]I've sat under great men. Men that deserved respect because they weren't looking for it. No, in order for me to be in Church, I have to be the Pastor.[/color][/b]

I have heard the stuff they are teaching today, pure nonsense, you can't fellowship under that regime, my cup would run over and spill out into the aisle crying out against it. My bones would burn within me to say a word of reproof.

If the LORD told you to take a harlot and sleep with her, would you do it?

You'd balk at the idea, you'd question the LORD and believe me people would question you.

Well God told one of the prophets to do just that. We agree with it because we have read about it and know why it was written. But think of the poor guy who just got the command to do it. The law says not to and yet here God is saying, "go take a harlot". He is in a quandary.

Lets say you finally yielded and obeyed. Do you think your reputation would last long in the community, in your church? Nay, you'd be ostracised, cut off from all fellowship. You'd look up at God and say, "Why did you do this to me?".

[color=990000][b]So it is with me saying that I don't go to church. Oh yes, I know the "law" says for me not to forsake the assembly but I am compelled to obey the Spirit of God, after all He is the one doing the leading.

I don't expect you to understand any of this.[/color][/b]

Most Sincerely

DT
Quote:
________________________________________
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


7/17/09


[b]My email to you, Deepthinker:[/b]

waltern wrote:
Hello, Deepthinker

I would like to give you some fatherly advice. I am sure that I am old enough to be your father, and maybe old enough to be your grandfather. I have one granddaughter who is 19 years old.

Anyway, the advice the I would give you is to find a good, Bible believing, Bible teaching Church in your area, that relies on the King James Bible. If you need help in finding one, let me know at my email address, and I will do my best to find one for you.
My email address is [email protected]

Also, start spending at least one hour a day in “Together Time” with the Lord, each morning, before it is light. Go into a room by yourself, and spend an hour by reading back the Scriptures to the Lord. As you read a verse here are some questions for you to ask the Lord, as you meditate on each verse:

A Promise to claim?

A sin to avoid?

A warning to heed?

Command to obey?

Good example to follow?

Bad example to shun?

New thoughts about God the Father?

New thoughts about God the Son?

New thoughts about God the Holy Spirit?

Fresh insight into the person of Satan?

Freah insight into Satan’s cruel goals?

Fesh insight into Satan’s cruel devices?


But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed
(James 1:22, 25.

God bless you, Brother

Walter

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b]your response to me:[/b]


Quote:
________________________________________

DeepThinker wrote:
Who could argue against that fatherly advice? Thank you.

I spend a lot of time with Him and I do mediate on His word. But we can all spend more time with Him.

[color=990000][b]But I know what your saying and why the advice. [u]"If I am spending all this time with Him and I am mediating on His word, how is that I am getting into error?" I can understand such a question.[/u]

I was seeking Him in prayer and fasting almost 10 years ago when He began to open the word up to me in regards to what I have been spouting. Especially Daniel 9:27. I was about 2 weeks in the fast and believe me brother I had no desire or interest in bible eschatology, in fact I avoided such things because I just wanted to know the LORD. That was my intent when I started the fast, to know Him more intimately.

My brother I would give eschatology up in a moment. As you know I am not educated or old enough or suited to teach such a subject, there are much better qualified men who can do the job far better than I could. But I am compelled to move forward with this, call it a zeal call it error.

But I will seek the LORD again prayer and fasting not to know more about Revelation but to know Him intimately. I never wanted any of this, never!! It's more of a burden, I just want to know the LORD. [/color][/b]

God Bless Brother

In sorrow

Your Brother
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b]My post to you on 7/20/2009[/b]

waltern wrote:
Deepthinker wrote:

"I don't expect you to understand any of this"


Walter responds:

Yes, I could very well understand what you said "if" (a big IF) the doctrine that you posted was right on. The problem is, it is NEVER right on. What you bring here, on Sermonindex, is another gospel.


Sincerely,

Walter


[b]Your Response to my post, that none of the doctrine that you post ever agrees with Scripture:[/b]




Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: An Olive Branch

[color=990000][b]Another Gospel?

Them's fighten words brother! (haha)

Another gospel that Paul preached was a mixture of law and grace, to draw the individual under condemnation which we have been freed from by walking after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

Not another gospel my brother, rather a correct interpretation of bible prophecy. What you fail to understand is the language in which God spoke through the prophets concerning Matthew 24 and the Apostles writings and the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ whom John received while he was on the Island of Patmos.

Jesus was born under the law. The things He spoke were in parables and similitude's. Those who heard him didn't understand what He was saying, even the Apostles were left scratching their heads wondering. Jesus spoke like an old testament prophet using figurative language because He was under the law which was still in effect until his sacrifice on the cross.

When Jesus said if your hand offend thee, cut if off. Does He mean to cut your hand off? Does He mean to pluck out your eyes? Does He mean to hate your Father and Mother, when the command says to honour them?

Does He mean to take up your cross a wooden beam? Is Jesus a baby lamb? Is the word of God really a seed that men plant in soil?

Of course not. They all are principles to which we must learn from spiritually.

Jesus said, If your eye be single than is your body full of light. Men are not Cyclops, we don't have single eyes, but He was speaking about something else.

Thus when He spoke about the Sun turning black, He was drawing the same language from the Old Testament prophets used. They said the same things.

I used to believe and teach a post tribulation rapture. I am glad that I don't anymore, there is not word of truth in it. I pray that you'll see it.

Blessings

DT [/color][/b]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,


Walter

 2009/12/31 10:20









 Re:


Brother Walter, I really don't know why you like to drag me through the mud by exposing AGAIN our "private messages" that we have conversed in private.

I asked the LORD just yesterday, "I wonder if Walter will put all that I said to him in private again", and lo and behold you did.

I am grieved, not over what I said to you in PM, but by your constant badgering by provoking me to go against my own word of not responding to you.

I have placed this before the LORD to deal with.

My response will continue to be, I love you brother. God Bless You.

 2009/12/31 10:34





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy