SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian teacher lost her job after being told praying for sick girl 'was bullying'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Christian teacher lost her job after being told praying for sick girl 'was bullying'

This is a detailed feature length article from the Mail online.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237204/Christian-teacher-lost-job-told-praying-sick-girl-bullying.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo]Christian teacher lost her job after being told praying for sick girl 'was bullying'[/url]

2009/12/20 2:35

Re: Christian teacher lost her job after being told praying for sick girl 'was b

I am very sorry that this woman lost her job, I really am. When you continue to read it's a sad story of unbelief. We should count it all joy when we suffer persecution and yes we also should be grieved for those that rejected the message, but this is not what this article is about. It's about a teacher losing her job and she's treating it like it's the end of the world, like she will never get another teaching position. This is how the world reacts, she is no different than what the Mother of this child had done, complained. "Oh woe is me". I lost my job, boohoo, 20 years of teaching down the tubes.

Where is the testimony in this?

I've watched programs where Chinese are persecuted for their faith and they have a smile on their face after they've been bullied, harassed, lost their jobs, and then jailed for being associated with Jesus Christ.

The disciples after they came out from the Sanhedrin beaten, went out with Joy that they were counted worthy to suffer for His name sake.

I too have been warned on the job for speaking to others about Christ. I was happy for being what I am in Christ but I was sad that others rejected Him.

She should know all this having a diploma from the Pentecostal Carmel Bible College in Bristol.

2009/12/20 9:02
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

DT, about this,

Quote:
I've watched programs where Chinese are persecuted for their faith and they have a smile on their face after they've been bullied, harassed, lost their jobs, and then jailed for being associated with Jesus Christ.

I've seen something like that also in a video that I have. But too, I think there is some more background and perspective on that, in that perhaps the beleivers there have taken a while to get to that place. I was reminded of this qoute from the book "Back to Jerusalem" by Paul Hattaway:

'Prior to the 1950's, most Christians in China were also mere "believers" in Christ, and when the heat of affliction came on, many fell away from the faith. Many others, however, got serious about God and decided to follow him whatever the cost. They were gradually transformed into disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, who not only preached Jesus on the cross but realized that there is also a personal cross on which each disciple will experience crucifixion and pain."

I hope that no matter what is coming our way, all of us no matter where we are on that road, will help and uphold each other to finish to the end. That we will never leave our fallen or wounded friend on the field of battle.

In the meantime, the story seems to underscore the sort of 'schizophrenic?' relationship the secular world in the west is having with religion: persecuting Christians because it is more and more hating them, and bowing to Islam because it fears them.

2009/12/20 9:27Profile

Re: Christian teacher lost her job after being told praying for sick girl 'was b

Thinking aloud - indirectly promted by the article above.

When my aunt began training as a nurse, in the 1930s in the UK, there was an understanding that this was a Christian vocation. Who else would want to undertake the tasks involved, except they be endowed with the love of God in addition to natural love?

To accommodate everyone's faith, no-one worked more than a half day on Sundays, so that whether the evening or the morning was free, she could attend church before or after work. Indeed, she often worked a morning and an evening (the two busiest parts of the nursing day), and for weekends off could expect one whole day and a half day, once a month, so as to be able to visit parents and other relatives - if she could afford the bus or train fare, so meagre was her wage.

The service relied totally on single ladies, too. If a student nurse began courting seriously, it was expected that she would give up her training, for the higher calling to become a wife, with enough duties at home, to prevent her from gainful employment.

So, this service was nationalised in 1948, and within 20 years, it had become 'not the done thing' to mention your faith to a patient, even if that patient's notes clearly stated them to be Christian also, for no other reason than the beligerent rise of secularity, agnosticism and 'atheism'.

I note that locally, in the multicultural community where I live, job adverts may mention the ability to speak another language as a desirable skill. There is no stricture put on the speaking of that other language if it is required, during the completing of the job. No-one who speaks only English, would have any idea if religious language was being used But, Christians are definitely under attack - simply for being Christian - unrelated to the quality of their work, their reliability, their skills, their conscientious adherence to best practice (and so on).

We were warned.

2009/12/20 10:17

Re:

I am sure that what you said has weight Chris, I don't doubt it. There is that initial shock that one gets when they feel they've been ousted. And I know what that feeling feels like, it's devastating. That is why I feel sorry for this woman, it's just that It also looks like an article of unbelief. And I hope she gets her job back.

2009/12/20 10:54
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hey DT, I understood completely and hope I didn't take away from what you were saying.

I jsut wanted to add something that says if that is where we are in the west, that it may have been where the Chinese were before they got to where they are today, and to encourage us that we can come up higher too. I know I need to.

Love to you in the Name of Jesus.

2009/12/20 11:02Profile

Re:

I was reading an article a few months ago from a worldly perspective on the advancement of cultural change in the early 20th century. When 1930's arrived when most of the world shut down, there came in a wave of righteousness that cut short that change. The seeds of what we see today in ousting righteousness out of society were planted back in the late 1800's and the early part of the last century. In the 30's and onward there was a respect for God even amongst the unjust and God blessed them. Today it's a world were they do want God, but they don't want His name. The name is what irritates people.

Is not the Queen the head of the Church of England and that prayers are offered up every time they open parliament on behalf the country?

The Mother complaining about this woman so called bullying is not valid because there is someone in parliament praying for her and all of England. She may not be a believer, but the Queen as long as she is the head of the Church in England is. So the biggest bully here is the Queen for allowing prayers to continue to be offered up for her realm and her people.

I wonder if this information is worth arguing about in a court of law?

2009/12/20 11:13
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

I am glad that Jesus did not wallow in grief because of his enemies and persecutors. I have empathy with this woman, but Christians have got to stop fighting for their rights in the mainstream.

2009/12/20 11:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
but Christians have got to stop fighting for their rights in the mainstream.

Right on!

"Vengeance is mine saith the LORD I will repay." Let God do the work and let us give Him glory for doing it.

2009/12/20 17:02
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I think we need to start learning to say like the Old Testament saints used to say..."The Lord judge between me and thee..."

2009/12/20 17:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy