SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Why can't God heal quick?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Silo

Why can't God heal quick?

Hey Guys...

Have you ever felt like this? I'm soooo broken hearted....almost in a state of deep depression. I feel God closed the door on the one I wanted to marry. (Godly woman)

I don't want to hear cliche's or verses. I'm mad at God right now even though he loves me the most. How can God heal my broken heart if I don't even want to go to Him.

I don't know what to do except sleep. There's no one else I wanted. I know I sound so immature but why can't God help me tonight. I can't wait until tomorrow. It hurts sooo much.

2009/12/19 19:56Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: Why can't God heal quick?

Young love - you have so much to learn yet. God bless you, Silo.

2009/12/19 20:00Profile

How did God close the door? What happened?

2009/12/19 22:57
jmooney6

Hi Brother Silo,

Are you sure there's nobody else you want? What about Jesus? Don't you want Lord Jesus? He loves you so much, and if Jesus didn't want you to marry her, there may be a very good reason for it that you cannot currently see. Or He very well may be asking you to put Him first, and then will restore your relationship to this woman.

I've been down similar roads where I felt that Jesus had closed a door or blocked me or allowed me to be tested, only to find out afterwards the reason through praying, and it always flabbergasted me and made me realize He knows best.

Remember Brother, Christianity isn't about religion. Christianity is about your personal relationship with Jesus and God. The Gospel, the Revelations, The Old Testament, it's all about God trying to be with man.

My advice is to go back to Him and pray. If it is His will, He may very well reveal to you exactly why He called it off. Spend some time with Him in prayer and reading. I feel that the Book of Job would be good for your situation Brother. Please take care and may God bless you with His knowledge.

2009/12/20 0:10Profile
dohzman

Sometimes the Lord asks us to do as faithful Abraham did with Issac, to lay something precious, very precious to us on an alter of sacrifice, this has to be willingly done on your part. The Lord will have His reasons and may in time let you in on His mind in this. If you'll willingly lay it down and give it to God , in His time He will give back to you that which is in accordance with His plan and will for you. So take a fresh grip on life and Jesus and lift up your head and just worship Him as a matter of sacrifice and watch and see what wonders the Lord will work in the earth on your behalf!

2009/12/20 0:17Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re:

Hang in there buddy....there will be a tomorrow, and a bright future, and who God prepares for you will be far greater than, what you could have ever thought or imagined....Let God grow you in this so you can be what God wants for the Bride.
This bride who is praying for God to give her a Godly husband. BE that Man....

2009/12/20 0:23Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

I once felt similar about a woman Silo, at the time it was a terror to my soul, now I look back and realize if I had gotten my way, I probably would have lost my soul.

Trust Him for everything, even what you perceive to be bad.

Believe me, I have compassion. It is never easy. I will be praying for you.

2009/12/20 10:32Profile
Pandora-B

~ Jesus said His disciples will lay hands on
the sick and they Will Recover.
Recovery Takes Time?
As in A Prayer (Being) Answered?

Jesus went about
Healing Those Oppressed 0f The Devil.

2009/12/26 7:37Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Dear Silo,

This whole walk called Christianity is a matter of trust from start to finish. The bottom line for Judas was a lack of trust, as well as Demas and so many others. Either we trust God or our own hearts (and those who do that are called fools (Proverbs 28:26) or someone totally unworthy our trust. I pray you will trust in the Lord. It is not a cliched statement but the very best instruction that anyone anywhere can give any of us: Proverbs 3:5-8 (NKJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. 8 It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

There are far too many of us who have prayed and just knew we knew God's will at the time who have lived long enough to realize that had God answered our prayers as we requested WHEN we requested, we would no doubt be residents of eternal hell by now. If not, most certainly some of the most unhappy creatures on the planet.

Psalms 27:14 (NKJV)
14 Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Clint

2009/12/26 9:15Profile
JoanM

We weep with you brother. For the waves and the sharp piercing points in time (like last night) and the curl-up under a bush somewhere, and the let-ups that are only brief..... So sorry.

Quote:
How can God heal my broken heart if I don't even want to go to Him.

Oh dear one, how did He save you when you didn't want to go to Him?

There is nothing wrong with sleep. It is no obstacle to God and His healing. He knows how to get through to you on any subject related to this.

Hurting is not bad. Have you noticed that when it really hurts, that with the pain you come close to this Godly woman? Those that have lost a love one to death know this. It actually helps a bit.

Quote:
I feel God closed the door on the one I wanted to marry. (Godly woman)

Quote: I FEEL

Actually Silo, I'm not so sure I trust your FEELINGS at this time. While I also doubt you really want HEALING help at this point, it might help to THINK through some things. I'm not saying re-live the wonderful history, or review and re-write the history. That serves a different purpose. But things like "what gave you the impression this Godly woman was God's choice for you?" Any hard evidence from His Word? [I have many such questions to offer for your consideration if you think they would help. Your heart is precious and it would be good if this did not re-occur in your life.]

Quote:
I know I sound so immature

Nothing wrong with being immature if it's true. That's allowed brother. I mean did you think you were born full-grown? Actually Silo, it SOUNDS LIKE "immature" is YOUR assessment and I'm not sure YOUR assessment is the most trustworthy at this point.

Quote:
There's no one else I wanted.

OK so do I have this straight. One day, in your short life, all the women were set before you, and this woman was the only one you wanted? [I love you brother.] Are you trying to persuade me that you are immature? OK now I am wondering about your assessment, your ability to assess, this woman. [Don't bite my head off. I'm voting with you that she is Godly. And I am most certain that that you wanted no one else.]

For my last useless comment, I offer a very strange truth about mental (flesh) thinking: it is impossible to study/learn mathematics and be depressed. Mathematics stops it cold (no it does not bring joy). This is way to long to explain. In the what to do department -- Go learn the central limits theory in calculus or a geometry proof.

Oh my Silo, I am still weeping with you ....
Sister Joan

P. S. I am thinking that being mad at God is also not so bad because I see you do love Him so ... you love Him.

2009/12/26 11:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy