SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds

[b]Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds[/b]

World Harvest Church said in a statement this afternoon that the church has no plans to close any ministries in 2010, including its schools, despite its Web site's assertion that ministries are "in jeopardy."

The Rev. Rod Parsley has issued a desperate plea for money, telling his flock that he is facing a "demonically inspired financial attack" that is threatening his ministry.

Parsley is asking for donations by Dec. 31, calling that date an "unavoidable deadline" during an episode of Breakthrough posted yesterday on www.rodparsley.com. Breakthrough is Parsley's television show.

A message titled "Crisis -- Urgent" on the Web site says ministries such as Breakthrough and World Harvest Bible College need help. The headline of the appeal for donations reads: "Will you help me take back what the devil stole?"

When asked to comment yesterday, Parsley's World Harvest Church issued a statement saying the recession caused a decline in member giving in 2009, which has led to a fourth-quarter deficit of $3 million despite a 30 percent reduction in the budget.

read more: www.dispatch.com

2009/12/18 22:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds

I believe many of these ministries will be going bankrupt in the coming years. May God give His saints clear vision to see these false prophets and stop supporting them.

the comments on that article reveal that the world is not fooled by this charlatan:
http://www.topix.net/forum/source/columbus-dispatch/TFP0S5U02H6HD138F

2009/12/18 22:13Profile
shadyg

Re:

AMEN! I believe it was either Cater Conlon or David Wilkerson I heard who prophesied what you have just said. Pray that eyes will be opened to the truth.

2009/12/18 22:18Profile

Quote:
The Rev. Rod Parsley has issued a desperate plea for money, telling his flock that he is facing a "demonically inspired financial attack" that is threatening his ministry.

Wilkerson said in his book, "The Vision" that ministries that don't have a clear mandate from God to build extravagantly will face the chopping block. This is a clear indication that Rod Parsley's ministry didn't get a clear mandate from God to build so big.

That is not to say that he isn't called to preach. He started out well and preached hard against sin but became affected by the prosperity movement and many a preacher has fallen headlong into that pit. But thankfully some of them are coming out, crippled by the experience but are stronger than before.

2009/12/18 22:23
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"The Rev. Rod Parsley has issued a desperate plea for money, telling his flock that he is facing a "demonically inspired financial attack" that is threatening his ministry."

One good thing about the financial crises that will affect Christian and non Christian alike is that these huge mega churches that require thousands and thousands of dollars to stay afloat will fold up.

The Lord's people will have to be directed by the Holy Spirit, and many will be blessed supernaturally during this time, and the finances will flow into the hands of those that are building the kingdom of God.

Mike

2009/12/18 22:48Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Its hard to prop Dagon up over and over again...he gets kind of heavy after a while.

2009/12/18 22:55Profile
dohzman

Pro 24:17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
Pro 24:18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.
Pro 24:19 Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked;

2009/12/18 23:51Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

I think we are seeing the word Ichabod ( The Glory of the Lord has departed) being written over the door post of a lot of these ministries. they undermine the Gospel and turn the cross into a bed of roses instead of the power of God that produces a changed life (1 corinthians 1:18-19). Or could it be, that the glory of God was never there ? All I see is a mixture of man-centeredness and over the top gimmicks to keep people in a haze and entertained. I do wish men like Parsley would see the truth and I pray that the Spirit of God work to bring him to his knees and repent of the False Gospel they have exported to the world. May God have mercy and grant grace to us all that we may not be swept away by such madness,deception, and chaos. May we by Gods grace stay pure before him and have an ardent heart felt devotion to christ.

2009/12/19 10:04Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

"Take back what the devil stole."

This movement exercises the sovereignty of satan rather than the sovereignty of God and I believe until these folks get it right many ministries will fold.

2009/12/19 10:07Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Funny, I thought God was the one who caused this financial collapse? Everything that can be shaken... WILL BE shaken.

2009/12/19 10:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy