SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Irish Evangelicals back legislation for same-sex partnerships

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Irish Evangelicals back legislation for same-sex partnerships

[b]Irish Evangelicals back legislation for same-sex partnerships[/b]

The Evangelical Alliance Ireland has urged Christians to back the Civil Partnership Bill, which would introduce legal recognition of same-sex relationships in the Republic of Ireland.

The Alliance’s stance on the issue is likely to win praise for its courage, as well as criticism from those who expect evangelicals to oppose gay people’s rights.

read more: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/10786

2009/12/13 7:21Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Irish Evangelicals back legislation for same-sex partnerships

Somehow I hear the phrase, A rose by any other name, would smell as sweet. Only exception is it is being rephrased as - A SEWER by any other name would smell as rank.

For me it is enough to have the use of the name of my Lord Jesus Christ, I have no use/need for worldly alliances.

It is getting so I can barely stomach the things that are going on but it is His will I persevere.

Praise His Holy Name - Jesus

white stone

2009/12/13 9:04Profile

WHEN DARKNESS IS CALLED LIGHT.

A FALLING AWAY

2 Thessalonians 2

1. Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2. That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6. And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might BE SAVED.

This is nothing less than apostasy, whether it be called Evangelical, New age, or Emergent. However, the fact that somewhere in the world it IS called Evangelical is nothing less than a trumpet warning that great deception is upon us, as a body.

Isaiah 5:19-21

19. Who say, "Let Him make speed, let Him hasten His work, that we may see it;
And let the purpose of the Holy One of Israel draw near
And come to pass, that we may know it!"
20.Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
21. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
And clever in their own sight!

Satan is appearing as an angel of light, and calling himself an evangelical preacher.

2009/12/13 11:18
JoanM

Romans 1:1 28-32, particularly Romans 1: 32 come to my mind.

And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, ..... Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but [b]have pleasure in them that do them[/b].

Looking at the Greek that is translated [i]pleasure[/i] (approve together with others), things look very dark for these people. [edit: very dark period]

This is Jude and then some. Leaders and teachers urging sheep [b]to approve[/b] of gross immorality, individually, in putting their name to it.

As I post this, I am hearing a sermon on the radio discussing should Christian morality be reflected in law (role of the church in shaping secular law). It begins with the second century church which dealt with this in many pagan cultures. These messages are podcast (about one month delay [url=http://www.cedarpark.org/]here.[/url]

Weeping. Can there be any doubt left that it is revival or ruin.

2009/12/13 11:21Profile

I've been looking and I seriously doubt that Martyrs Memorial Free Presbytery and Ian Paisley has anything to do with such backslidden nonsense.

But what do we expect in this day and age?

Half the "church" wants homosexual pastors, the other half of the "church" wouldnt mind dumping the republican party, and making the teabag party the official political party of the christian-ish masses, with either sarah palin or michelle bachmann at the holy helm of state.

2009/12/13 16:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy