SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Election

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
markmettab

Election

My question is if we as christians are allowed to vote if election is held on the Lord's day , Sunday ?

2009/12/12 16:05Profile

Re: Election

Quote:

markmettab wrote:
My question is if we as christians are allowed to vote if election is held on the Lord's day , Sunday ?

Yes :-)

2009/12/12 16:07

Quote:

markmettab wrote:

No :-x

2009/12/12 17:09
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
markmettab wrote:
My question is if we as christians are allowed to vote if election is held on the Lord's day , Sunday?

Of course we would be.

PS to LoinGirder... good to see you back!! LOL

2009/12/21 7:34Profile

It's just a day buddy, it's not the LORD's day. To many it is, but the LORD's day is a spiritual rest, not a physical day on our calender.

Quote:
Hebrews 4:8 For if Joshua had given them Sunday, then would he not afterward have spoken of [b]another day[/b].Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.

The "rest" is entering Jesus Christ. There are stages of growth. Many are in the outer court, few are in the Temple and very few are at rest beyond the veil. The veil is the flesh and it must be rendered inoperative, torn asunder.

There you'll find your true Day of Rest.

Once you start to look at this in it's spiritual understanding, you'll be free from the traditions of men and view Saturday and Sunday as just another day of the week. However, if Sunday needs to be special to you, then by all means you are free to do so. [b]Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.[/b]

2009/12/21 8:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy