SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : question about excommunication relating to a fellow christian brother

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

question about excommunication relating to a fellow christian brother

I have a friend named Stan who lives in Indiana and is a professing believer who attends the bible studies that we have in indiana almost every friday. My friend made a decision to move in with his girlfriend who is not saved as far as i know, they have a child on the way and our sleeping with one another and everyone has already spoken to him about getting married and not living the way he is. Well the past 2 weks his girlfriend has been attending the bible studies with him but at the same time they our living in sin with one another. What should the leaders of the bible study do about this situation, should they still let them come to bible study while living this way and possibly help lead this girl to the Lord or should they tell them both until they do something about their situation that they can't come back, from my understanding excomunication has not been talked about except from me, but i know my bible study leader who is ordained will not marry them while they our living like this. Keep them in prayer but what should we do as group of believers at our bible study. He has already been confronted about this but he has stayed in the situation. He has no job and also is partially blind and needs a car ride tpo get around and with the baby on its way in january what exactly can we do. I mean should i as a brother stop talking to him and as paul says even eat with him until he repents, should i let him know about this. I trust this site to give me some help on this situation since you always have been here for me. Please pray for them Stan and Megan.

2009/12/11 16:10
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: question about excommunication relating to a fellow christian brother

Hi Bible4life,

Your friend needs to have a mature Christian have a strong talk with him. I believe he needs to be told that he should marry the girl ASAP. He has already taken the decision to become one flesh by sleeping with her and also has the responsibility of a child. No matter that she is not yet a believer (he may not be either!) as the deed is done already!

He also needs to truly repent of his actions (and stop living/sleeping with her until married) and ask her for forgiveness for what he has done. He is responsible as a professing believer and the man. He needs her to understand that he is at fault and humble himself in the hope that God will reveal himself to this girl and turn the situation around so they can have a marriage with the correct foundation. God is the God of miracles and can turn our disasters into blessings if we do the repent and do things right. If he won't marry her, then have nothing to do with him.

He also needs to understand if he was ever truly saved and born of God and get right with God now.

2009/12/11 17:39Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greeting Bible4life

I agree with what Heydave has shared here. It may seem hard way to deal with this young man but to just ignore the sin he is living in shows him no love. He needs to repent.

God Bless
mj

2009/12/11 19:03Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I agree 100% that a mature, godly person with Holy Spirit discernment needs to have a good heart to heart talk with this fellow.

Although he may have made a profession of faith, it obviously did not effect his heart or else he would not choose to 'live in sin.' So, you apparently are dealing with someone who does not know the LORD. Since this is the case I would be very slow in recommending they marry. Get them right with the LORD FIRST, then let them separate and then see if marriage is still a desirable thing to pursue. It may not be - the devil may have them so entangled in sin that this may be the only thing they have in common. When one chooses to abandon it they may be like a feisty cat and nasty dog - not very good candidates for marriage to each other, even if the LORD worked a regeneration in their heart.

My suggestions...

ginnyrose

2009/12/11 20:14Profile

Re:

thank you for your responses, i agree with you about it, when i read scripture i don't see away around hanging out with him but to stop.

2009/12/12 2:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy