SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you a Starved Christian who has never experienced the Glory of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
CeaseNot

Re:

Quote:
i need the glory of God in my life, i just feel dead and emotionless throughout the day

bible4life I feel the same way... I need reality!!

2009/12/16 6:18Profile

Re:

"Brother, if I had one Christian to fellowship over this in my life I would ask nothing else!"

I have heard that so many times. It is no exhageration to say that many Christians do not have a single person to talk about the issues that we have discussed on this thread.....Frank

2009/12/16 8:34
jimp

Re:

hi, while working locally for a world wide ministry as a phone counselor i got a call from a cree indian from north of the artic circle who lived on an island with no other christians... what a great time we had together... your posts reminded me of that wonderful night..ty jimp

2009/12/16 9:43Profile
eternaliving

Re: To paul.

What "proofs" do you need of God and is presence?

Why other christians experience it and not you?

What you think is the problem?

What is "presence" in definition?

Can you see a great miracle and not believe in the presence of God ( you can see a miracle and still not believe in the presence of God)

You think the problem is external o internal?

May the Holy Spirit Reveals to you THE GREAT MIGHTY GOD.

2009/12/16 10:04Profile
eternaliving

Re:

great article..

2009/12/16 10:07Profile

Re:

Paul writes.......

"Heartsong...Do I believe the Lord is present?

Yes but entirely in a different way than people imagine Him to be. God isn't present in a way in which we you all "experience" Him."

Hi Paul, If the Lord says that " without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.Heb 11:6 I would imagine that you would accept this?

Now, what does it mean to "diligently seek Him?"
Is this some reference to salvation? Not so. What is our reward? Is it not God Himself? To walk in relationship with God, not to just save my soul from hell, but to fall in love, walk and glorify God. What do we know about Enoch? We know that he "walked," with God.

Now the phrase "diligently seek," is the Greek word ek-zah-teh-o which means to "From G1537 and G2212; to search out, that is, (figuratively) investigate, crave, demand, (by Hebraism) worship: - en- (re-) quire, seek after (carefully, diligently).

So if God Himself is the reward.........
Gen 15:1 After these things the Word of Jehovah came to Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram, I am your shield and your exceeding great reward.

If He is not only our reward but our exceeding great reward should we not crave, seek out, diligently and carefully enquire and do our utmost to long after His presence?

sa 42:1 To the Chief Musician. A contemplation; for the sons of Korah. As the hart pants after the water brooks, so my soul pants after You, O God.
Psa 42:2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God?

Listen to what Matthew Henry says about this passage......

Holy love to God as the chief good and our felicity is the power of godliness, the very life and soul of religion, without which all external professions and performances are but a shell and carcase: now here we have some of the expressions of that love.

Here is,
I. Holy love thirsting, love upon the wing, soaring upwards in holy desires towards the Lord and towards the remembrance of his name (Psa_42:1, Psa_42:2): “My soul panteth, thirsteth, for God, for nothing more than God, but still for more and more of him.” Now observe,

1. When it was that David thus expressed his vehement desire towards God. It was, (1.) When he was debarred from his outward opportunities of waiting on God, when he was banished to the land of Jordan, a great way off from the courts of God's house. Note, Sometimes God teaches us effectually to know the worth of mercies by the want of them, and whets our appetite for the means of grace by cutting us short in those means.

Tozer says........

Everything is made to center upon the initial act of "accepting" Christ (a term, incidentally, which is not found in the Bible) and we are not expected thereafter to crave any further revelation of God to our souls. We have been snared in the coils of a spurious logic which insists that if we have found Him, we need no more seek Him.

This is set before us as the last word in orthodoxy, and it is taken for granted that no Bible-taught Christian ever believed otherwise. Thus the whole testimony of the worshiping, seeking, singing church on that subject is crisply set aside. The experiential heart-theology of a grand army of fragrant saints is rejected in favor of a smug interpretation of Scripture which would certainly have sounded strange to an Augustine, a Rutherford or a Brainerd.

In the midst of this great chill there are some, I rejoice to acknowledge, who will not be content with shallow logic. They will admit the force of the argument, and then turn away with tears to hunt some lonely place and pray, "O God, show me Thy glory." They want to taste, to touch with their hearts, to see with their inner eyes the wonder that is God.

I want deliberately to encourage this mighty longing after God. The lack of it has brought us to our present low estate. The stiff and wooden quality about our religious lives is a result of our lack of holy desire. Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted. Too bad that with many of us He waits so long, so very long, in vain.— Pursuit of God

We must remmber that in the parrable of the ten virgins that five had oil, five did not. Now, what did this parrable have to do with last days and those who are called. Well in those days the virgins job was to light up the way for the bridegroom when the heard the rams horn blow. The Bridesgroom would be betrothed to the bride for severla months. Yet they would not see each other in those months, the Bridegroom would be building a home for the bride. When He had the home ready he would return for his bride.

The trumpet would be sounded, the virgins would arise(for the they typically came at night) and trim their lamps and form a procession towards the bride. Obviously if a virgin had no oil then she could not perform her task. Now in the parrable we know that those virgins without oil found the door closed. It was too late to get such oil when the Bridesgroom announces His return.

Now, a few things to be noted. They were all virgins, they all had been called, and they all had lamps. The only thing that differentiated them was the fact that half had no oil in their lamps.

We must seek God and continue to seek God. Just as one abides in Christ, and this is a continuous action verb, meaning to continually abide, then we must continually seek. We cannot seek that which we do not believe in. So we first must check and see that we do not have an evil heart of unbelief.

We must be able to say with the Psalmist that "as the deer panteth for the waterbrooks so then my soul longeth after thee." He must be diligently saught after, we must strive and crave His presence. And the Lord is A God of His word. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek after Him. He and He alone, is our exceeding great reward..........Frank

2009/12/16 15:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy