SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : wanted to know what people thought about these books

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

wanted to know what people thought about these books

During the christmas time is one of the only times I can buy any godly material and also my birthday when people give me giftcards or buy me something godly. Because of my debt i really do not buy myself any godly things, i have a lot already so i do have enough, but i had gave my mom a list of books and i just wanted to know what anyone thought and if their is anything i should add. I don't want to be selfish here so understand you can tell me i am being selfish or anything at all.
1. The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee
2. Pursuit of God by A.W Tozer
3. Radical Cross by A.W Tozer
4. The Purpose of Man Designed to Worship by Tozer
5. Root of Righteousness by A.W Tozer
6. Burning Heart by A.W Tozer
7. Real Christianity by William Wilberforce
8.Around the Wicked Gate by Charles Spurgeon
9. Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
10. John Macarthur Truth War or Why We Believe the Bible
11. The Incomparible Christ by Oswald Sanders
12. Devotional by Thomas Watkins
13. Answers to Prayer by George Mueller or his autobiography
I know its a big list but those our what i have drawn an interest to, if you want to add anything or recommend be my guest, at this time i am reading the scriptures, why revival tarries by leonard ravenhill and the knowledge of the Holy by A. W Tozer right now in my life and they our very good the books by tozer and ravenhill, but anyways i will stop talking, God bless you and thank you.

2009/12/10 11:41

Re: wanted to know what people thought about these books

I think that you have an excellent list there. Perhaps I would add "The Attributes of God," by Tozer. Perhaps "Absolute Surrender," by Andrew Murray and Dietrich Bonhoeffer's "The Cost of Discipleship.".............Frank

2009/12/10 13:49

Re:

Thank you Frank is attributes of God the same thing as knowledge of the Holy, i do have absolute surrender that is an awesome book, i will definitely put down cost of discipleship on my list to thank you.

2009/12/10 14:41

Re:

don't forget "The Life of Brainerd", by Jonathan Edwards.

2009/12/10 15:39

Re:

alrighty i will put that down too.

2009/12/10 15:55
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
I think that you have an excellent list there. Perhaps I would add "The Attributes of God," by Tozer. Perhaps "Absolute Surrender," by Andrew Murray and Dietrich Bonhoeffer's "The Cost of Discipleship.".............Frank

Does Tozer have a book entitled Attributes of God, because I have one with that title by A.W. Pink... ?

2009/12/10 16:03Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

These are books I have read and highly recommend:

1. The Christian In Complete Armour (3 book set)
2. The Acceptable Sacrifice
3. The Kneeling Christian
4. A Serious Call To A Devout and Holy Life
5. Forgotten God
5. Moving Mountains

2009/12/10 16:08Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: wanted to know what people thought about these books

These are the ones I would suggest:

The Christian in Complete Armour – William Gurnall (Modernized set of three books)

Holiness – J. C. Ryle

The Bible is first, but these are next in line for me. :-)

2009/12/10 16:18Profile

Re:

Tozer wrote "The Attributes of God," with the sub-title "A journey into the Father's heart," I love the sub-title. Volume two is called "The Attributes of God," with the sub-title "Deeper into The Father's Heart." I would also highly reccomend volume two........Frank

2009/12/10 16:22
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
Tozer wrote "The Attributes of God," with the sub-title "A journey into the Father's heart," I love the sub-title. Volume two is called "The Attributes of God," with the sub-title "Deeper into The Father's Heart." I would also highly reccomend volume two........Frank

Hmmm... I'll have to look into that book/set. Thanks Appolus.

Ben

2009/12/10 17:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy