SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rom 6:1

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Christinyou wrote:
God has already told us that the logic and wisdom and strength of all men everywhere put together doesn't hold a candle to the weakness and foolishness of God.

No He didn't.
The Scriptures say, "[color=660000]the [b]wisdom[/b] of this world is foolishness with God[/color]"

The Scriptures say nothing about "the logic of all men"

I have not used any worldly wisdom.

Quote:
This mystery is totally illogical and even Peter says is hard to understand.

God always makes sense. He is never "illogical".

2009/12/17 17:25Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
Christinyou wrote:
God has already told us that the logic and wisdom and strength of all men everywhere put together doesn't hold a candle to the weakness and foolishness of God.

No He didn't.
The Scriptures say, "[color=660000]the [b]wisdom[/b] of this world is foolishness with God[/color]"

The Scriptures say nothing about "the logic of all men"

I have not used any worldly wisdom.

Quote:
This mystery is totally illogical and even Peter says is hard to understand.

God always makes sense. He is never "illogical".

Logic,

Are you telling us that God is always logical, and therefore all his decisions and actions are always predictable?

Where would you get this "logic" that you claim can define God's ways, if it is not from man's wisdom, where does it come from?

I'm trying to get a handle on what you are trying to say, so please have patience with these questions.

2009/12/17 19:40Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Leo_Grace wrote:
Logic,

Are you telling us that God is always logical, and therefore all his decisions and actions are always predictable?

No, not predictable.
Logical, does not mean predictable.

Quote:
Where would you get this "logic" that you claim can define God's ways,

This logic is from who God is.
He is the greatest conceivable being.
If He be with out purpose, illogical, arbitrary, & choose with out criteria, He would not be so great.

Do you think God is unreasonable, illogical?

Do you think God is with out purpose?

Do you think God is arbitrary?

Do you think God chooses with out criteria?

Quote:
if it is not from man's wisdom, where does it come from?

"Man's wisdom" discounts God.
I am not using "man's wisdom"

Quote:
I'm trying to get a handle on what you are trying to say, so please have patience with these questions.

Sure :-)

2009/12/17 23:53Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Logic,

Quote:

I know that God has a reason, a purpose, and a basis for everything he does. However I also know that the wisdom behind his choices is beyond all human knowledge. God's "logic" cannot be comprehended by human "logic".

There will be many times when God's choices will be incomprehensible and will seem illogical to man. Anyone who does not acknowledge this truth of God's unreachable superiority thinks too highly of himself.

Quote:

I take this to mean that you are acknowledging a wisdom that is beyond yours; and not that you are literally using God's wisdom in your own head?

2009/12/18 0:28Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Leo_Grace wrote:
Logic,
Quote:

I know that God has a reason, a purpose, and a basis for everything he does. However I also know that the wisdom behind his choices is beyond all human knowledge. God's "logic" cannot be comprehended by human "logic".

You're implying that there are two different kinds of logic; God's & ours.
Logic is logic, no matter who's using it.
If God is logical, then we may follow that logic & understand it.

Quote:
There will be many times when God's choices will be incomprehensible and will seem illogical to man.

That is only because He's omniscient; He sees ahead and does things according to His knowledge of the future.
However, we will eventually understand, not because we will receive HIS logic, but we will see the reason & purpose why He willed such.

Quote:
Anyone who does not acknowledge this truth of God's unreachable superiority thinks too highly of himself.

No, I just know that there is only one kind of logic and God is logical, but also omniscient.

Quote:
Quote:

I take this to mean that you are acknowledging a wisdom that is beyond yours;

No, do not take this to mean that I'm are acknowledging a wisdom that is beyond ours, but take it to mean that man's wisdom discounts God &/or even Christ and I'm not discounting Christ, therefore, my wisdom is not man's.

All "man's wisdom" is godless, with out considering Him at all.

[b]1Corinth 1:18[/b] [color=660000]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.
[b]:19[/b] For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
[b]:20[/b] Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
[b]:21[/b] For since in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
[b]:22[/b] For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[b]:23[/b] But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
[b]:24[/b] But unto them who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.[/color]

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish because they do not acknowledge sin; for with out sin, the cross is indeed foolish.

Furthermore, the Jewish Messiah being crucified was not at all what the Jews expected. It was one of the major reasons for Paul hating the Christians; making the Messiah a curse!?! "Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree" (Gal 3:13).
The Messiah was supposed to reign as king & bring peace.

[b]Pro 3:5[/b] [color=660000]Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.
[b]:6[/b] In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.[/color]Some like to use this verse as their defense for your argument.
This verse is in context of our ways & paths.

It is like trusting a leader who knows the future and what's beyond perception as the one who's being lead knows only the now and whats in front of him.

Quote:
and not that you are literally using God's wisdom in your own head?

We may all do this.
In fact, we do when we acknowledge our guilt and acknowledge Christ as our savior from sin as He is Lord.
"[color=660000]...Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom...[/color]"

1Corinth 2:1-10
tells us that we may know God's wisdom, which is not "man's wisdom" (verse 4) or "wisdom of this world" (verse 6)
"[color=660000]We have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.[/color]"

Furthermore, we also may have His wisdom when we take into consideration of our actions who He is as He reveals Himself.

We use God's wisdom when we repent.
We use God's wisdom when we pray.
We use God's wisdom when we obey Him.
We use God's wisdom as we apply His Word in our everyday lives.

2009/12/18 17:49Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Ezekiel 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

Ezekiel 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

God's ways are so far above our ways, it will take all eternity to even come to a simple understanding like; "Christ in you the Hope of Glory, forever in eternity, even with the Holy Spirit in us forever, that is a new life, rebirthed in the believer. Israel could not do it for thousands of years, how do you expect the unregenerate man to even come to a logical understanding of God, It takes the whole God Head for us to come to salvation and the image of Christ, even with the Mind of Christ in us. God and only God can reveal to the believer what His Logic in our salvation is, God must draw every believer to come to the revelation of Christ as our salvation, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory". Praise God it is not up to my intellect, or logic, because I could never come to the truth and be saved.

In Christ, by the Father and the Holy Spirit only:
By the total work of Christ on the Cross:

Phillip

2009/12/19 11:59Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Logic,

Quote:
You're implying that there are two different kinds of logic; God's & ours. Logic is logic, no matter who's using it.

Then you are deluded by your pride. No matter how much you crow or boast, your puny mind cannot match the infinite greatness of God's. God's logic spans endless time and plumbs the depths of reasoning that men are not able to explore.

2009/12/19 12:39Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Leo_Grace wrote:
Logic,
Quote:
You're implying that there are two different kinds of logic; God's & ours. Logic is logic, no matter who's using it.

Then you are deluded by your pride. No matter how much you crow or boast, your puny mind cannot match the infinite greatness of God's. God's logic spans endless time and plumbs the depths of reasoning that men are not able to explore.

You are not talking about logic.

2009/12/19 16:21Profile
imnowhere

Re:

It's obvious Paul's gospel wasn't coming across as 'logic' either.
The law is logical, not free grace.
Hence a bit of confusion on the part of the hearers.

2009/12/19 22:20Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:
You are not talking about logic.

I am talking about logic.

2009/12/19 23:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy