SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Supporting SermonIndex?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Supporting SermonIndex?

Saints,

For the last almost 8 years SermonIndex has run for a very minimal amount. God has allows this ministry to continue to run year after year in the same way. Even as years progressed the amount of funds required to run the site has become less. Currently it costs between $100-150 to run the actual servers and sermonindex site.

The other costs are literally for myself to live month by month and for the hardware and software costs that come up from time to time. Ie new computers, hard drives, etc. There have been google ads and some links to ministries on sermonindex.net that have helped to cover the costs of all of the things. But I have felt again recently that this should be a season to trust God more.

I believe with all my heart this statement:

Quote:
A genuine work of God may use money, but it is never dependent on money.
It is dependent only on the power of the Holy Spirit.
Where any work is dependent on money, it is not a genuine work of God. Please only give to this ministry if God has truly laid it on your heart.

George Muller had a faith to trust God without ever asking for specific amounts or what the needs are. But at the back of Mullers church there was a offering box! This thread is just to reasonable make known the "need" in general and we will leave it to God how it is fulfilled.

My desire is to see some monthly support come in to fund me as a missionary to run sermonindex.net there are 2 ways you can do this if you are interested in doing this and God lays it on your heart:

[b]TAX-DEDUCTIBLE[/b]

Call 1-800-273-7273 to donate to Greg Gordon

or

Write a cheque to: Canadian Revival Fellowship
70 Froom Cres., Regina SK S4N 1S7, Canada
with attn to: Greg Gordon

[b]NOT TAX-DEDUCTIBLE[/b]

using paypal.

https://www.sermonindex.net/paypal.html

2009/12/8 7:02Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Supporting SermonIndex?

Do you know if there is any way to setup paypal to do an automatic draft on a monthly basis?

2009/12/8 10:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

yes there is, its in the paypal settings. If there is anyone that wants that to happen please let me know and I can setup a subscribe amount monthly for any amount.

2009/12/8 11:54Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
George Muller had a faith to trust God without ever asking for specific amounts or what the needs are. But at the back of Mullers church there was a offering box!

You are confusing the local assembly and the orphan work. Many local churches have an offering box at the rear of their buildings but, so far as I know, there was never an Orphanage box at the rear of the Bethesda church building.

2009/12/9 11:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Orphanage box at the rear of the Bethesda church building.

I did read that and recently on a documentary heard it quoted that it was in that church. I don't have proof texts to substantiate it. Either way I hope my point stands. George Muller did have an organization and address where he said people could donate to, but did not share the current needs at all for how many donations etc.

2009/12/9 11:13Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

That would be great if you could set a subscription service up.

2009/12/9 11:47Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

This may be what you have in mind.

Quote:
George Mueller has proved to the world the truth of Philippians 4:19 and he will always be remembered as the man who got things from God. His testimony is an inspiration to Christians everywhere. Three weeks after his marriage, he and his wife decided to depend on God alone to supply their needs--never again to approach people about them. Now he felt led to relinquish his small salary as a preacher completely. Wishing that all support be spontaneous, he put a box in the chapel for his needs; determining never to run into debt, and to get his needs supplied only by requests to God Himself. This was October, 1830. When he died, in March 1898, 68 years later, he had obtained from God more than any one else who ever lived--seven and a half million dollars.

I got this from [url=http://www.uvm.edu/~sbross/biography/muller.txt]here.[/url]

2009/12/9 13:50Profile
Know-Him

I don't know if this is a feasible suggestion but many web sites have a link to Amazon on it. If a person enters Amazon through the link and makes a purchase, then the web site gets a small percentage for the referal. There is also the ability to do recomended books. If anyone purchases them again a percentage goes to the website. You would get the details on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk
Perhaps you could start a book club with a recomended book of the month; A forum to discuss the book; and a link to purchase it for anyone who does not have it.

2009/12/10 3:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Do you know if there is any way to setup paypal to do an automatic draft on a monthly basis?

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have setup subscription amounts on this page now and its more clear:

https://www.sermonindex.net/paypal.html

2009/12/10 6:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy