SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What means "to take one's cross" in Mat.10:38?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: What means "to take one's cross" in Mat.10:38?

Quote:
nasekom wrote:
"And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." (Mat.10:38.)
Friends can you please share your thoughts on what is meant by "taking the cross" here?Thank you.

Nasekom,

All these answers you've received are really good. I was listening to Derek Prince and he supplied an even simplier answer (for me anyway)...

[b]"The cross is where your will and God's will... cross."[/b]

I hope this helped,

2009/12/7 5:18Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

thanks a lot for your comments.it did help.it's actually great to have a few answers on this topic as well as some personal views,some of them i want to study more thoroughly.one thing for sure(to summarize) the cross is about dying.Dying for self and living for God.Thanks again friends.

2009/12/7 19:56Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Nasekom i would recommend you to read William MacDonald book, "True Discipleship". You can find it online here:

http://plymouthbrethren.wordpress.com/2007/01/06/true-discipleship-william-macdonald/

It explains the terms and conditions required to be a disciple of Christ. It's a very challenging book, not everyone will like it. This book is for those who want to be soldiers of Christ, not for "chocolate christians". :-)

2009/12/8 0:16Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

thanks elected.i suppose i just can't ignore that book now,after your comment on it. :-)

2009/12/8 10:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy