SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: Biblical Manhood, Then And Now by Paul Washer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MUST HEAR: Biblical Manhood, Then And Now by Paul Washer

[img]http://www.mypodcast.com/fmimage-3-10442.jpeg[/img]

Saints,

Listen to this powerful message that brother paul just preached in the UK at the Martyn Lloyd Jones conference. He speaks with a very prophetic urgency of the need for men to rise up and be men of God in the UK and across the world!

[b]Biblical Manhood, Then And Now by Paul Washer[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=19120&commentView=itemComments

2009/12/6 8:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: MUST HEAR: Biblical Manhood, Then And Now by Paul Washer

Amen, this is a topic near to my heart as well. The church of Jesus Christ needs more than anything in this day is for men to stand up and be men. We need fathers of the faith who are fathers indeed. When the church fails to have such individuals, who are unable to demonstrate what the Christian life is truly like, and without somebody to imitate, the church opens itself to being misled. False prophets will surely arise in an attempt to fill the void left in their place. Thank God we have men like Paul Washer who stand up to fill that gap. Lord willing, I hope to be such a man one day. I wish I knew more men like him.

God bless brother Washer, I look forward to listening to this sermon.

*edit*

2009/12/6 10:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

A superficial man does superficial preaching ~ Paul Washer

2009/12/6 10:45Profile
growingholly

Re:

is the link ok? i downloaded it and got about 3 minutes...

2009/12/6 16:46Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: MUST HEAR: Biblical Manhood, Then And Now by Paul Washer

This message needs to be heard…and heeded…by all men of God.

Paul Washer talks about what it takes to be a true man of God. Not a man fashioned by social, psychological, or modern standards but a man sculpted by God using the Bible alone as his guide.

The price to be paid is high.

The price of not paying is even higher.

A needed message if ever there was one.

May God help us all to be real men.

2009/12/6 22:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen brother.

One concern and thought I had was some will listen to this and try to be men and discipled men of God "by the flesh" and not by the "spirit of God" !

Oh the danger of self-imposed fleshy striving religion in the name of Christ but not of Him!

2009/12/7 5:39Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Amen brother. One concern and thought I had was some will listen to this and try to be men and discipled men of God "by the flesh" and not by the "spirit of God" !

A true concern.

When I was young I was repeatedly told I could be whatever I wanted to be. It was my choice. All I had to do was decide.

This is simply not the way the Lord works.

To accept God as Lord means to submit to His will and abandon all thought and concern for our own.

This will be the mark of a Godly man.

Quote:
Oh the danger of self-imposed fleshy striving religion in the name of Christ but not of Him!

We are often so busy attempting to build ourselves into our preconceived visions that The Potter spends more time breaking us than using His loving hand to simply mold and shape us.

Just think what could be accomplished if we would simply yield to His perfect will for us.

Thanks for posting this sermon Greg. It is something that is truly needed.

2009/12/7 9:05Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe there needs to be an awakening concerning Romans 8:28-29, and how we've been "predestined" to be conformed to the image of Christ. So much emphasis is placed on "doing" something for God, and fulfilling your purpose in life, that we never stop to press on to maturity and "manhood." Is it no wonder then, that so many charismatic ministers fall? They have gifts and they have power, but they have no life to back it up. If they put premium into developing Christ-like character instead of Christ-like power, then they might have actually done great exploits in the name of God.

Instead of seeing ourselves being called to "do" something, we need to see ourselves as being called to "be" conformed to the image of Christ. And unless our "doing" issues out of "being," then we have entered into dangerous waters whereby we will open up opportunity for the Gentiles to blaspheme the name of God because of us.

2009/12/7 9:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy