Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : 

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
allensmith

2009/11/29 9:39Profile

Re: We should be ASHAMED!

Quote:
The problem is, you who read this knows already too much!

When "you" point the finger like that, include yourself, because we all appear to be know-it-all's from time to time. And yes we all should be ashamed of ourselves. But there is in us that God characteristic that wants to help people out, even though it comes across as a know-it-all. God likes to talk, so it's only natural for His children to talk to. So open your mouth and share to us what the LORD has been doing in your life.

Blessings.

2009/11/29 14:28
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Maybe I should not say it, who cares anyhow!

A bit pessimistic, don't you think? If this will be the tenor of your subsequent posts in the forum, I regret to say you will not be edified here, nor will anyone else who reads your angry rhetoric.

May I suggest you put the Ravenhill books down for a season, and just seek to genuinely fellowship with brothers and sisters in a spirit of meekness and charity? If you humble yourself in the sight of God, He will lift you up. And the lifting-up will be a genuine ascension of your spirit, and not a pulling down and condemning as you are aspiring to do here.

Please pray about these things before posting again.

Brother Paul

2009/11/29 14:38Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

You should know better than to try to correct us western Christians, and our spiritual walks.

:-P

Honestly, we're the most thin-skinned Christians that the world has ever known.

Personally I'm getting sick and tired of this fake society / culture where you cannot speak against clear aberrations found in 'the church.'

But let us acknowledge and heed the admonition given to us by Paul, to Timothy, that we may dwell in His word and be strengthened until the right time.

2009/11/29 16:06Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Personally I'm getting sick and tired of this fake society / culture where you cannot speak against clear aberrations found in 'the church.'

Then do something about it, but start with yourself before you project upon others. I have no problem with admonishing, exhorting, rebuking, correcting. The Word of God was given, among other reasons, for this purpose (II Timothy 3:16-17). The issue here, however, is not so much the rebuke as it is the spirit through which it is given.

It is ill-advised to barge into a forum with both pistols drawn to blanket "rebuke" everyone in the room. I suppose it can render an aura of spiritual authority to the person, imagining they are George Fox or Tozer or Ravenhill. But if you are going to embark upon this sort of "righteous anger", please first examine yourself to be sure you are operating in the same spirit the men whom you emulate operated.

Listening to a few Ravenhill sermons does not automatically grant one the authority.

Quote:
Honestly, we're the most thin-skinned Christians that the world has ever known.

Who is "we"? The people of this forum? The moderators who do not permit someone to go on a shooting rampage? The entire Western church at large? If your objections are to be seriously considered, it is suggested you please be less "blanket" in the assumptions.

2009/11/29 16:57Profile

Re:

Brother Paul writes......

"May I suggest you put the Ravenhill books down for a season, and just seek to genuinely fellowship with brothers and sisters in a spirit of meekness and charity? "

Amen Paul, that is why your a moderator :) The same truth can be delivered by different people, one set of people will have no power for they deliver the truth with a spirit of anger and have a vengeful heart, the other set of people love God and love God's people and their message will have much more effect. The truth delivered without love hardens the hearts of the hearers, but speaking the truth in love is the most powerful thing that we can do. That is why 1 Cor 13 is such a pivitol chapter in the Scriptures, it strips away all of men's notions and leaves us with the reality of Calvary......Frank

2009/11/29 18:19

Re: TOTAL DEPRAVITY

Quote:

amen and amen.

2009/11/29 18:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: We should be ASHAMED!

Quote:
Have you noticed that all our problems, immaturity, short comings, will easily be solved... Maybe I should not say it, who cares anyhow!

It is true some folks belabor trivial things, making mountains out of molehills, but there is the aspect of needing encouragement when things happen that trouble us. That is why one needs the brotherhood to lift us up, to encourage us. I was really down this week because of family situations. Today I shared with the brotherhood and that depression has lifted. It is like one sister said "You cannot allow another person's sin rob you of your own peace." She is right and God bless her for sharing that. I knew that but I needed another person to tell me so - again.

I presume you are fairly young to make the statements you made in your post. If you are a Christian you can bet at some point you will need the help of the brotherhood...so don't knock it- you might even need it before 24 hours are up!

Oh, and a person never gets too old to be beyond the need of encouragement by others. I am not and I am 62! My grandfather used to say something similar and he lived to be 88 YO!

Take care,
ginnyrose

2009/11/29 18:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy