SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : St. Augustine quote

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
madmatg

asia

St. Augustine quote

I gots a question, someobody had an Augustine quote on they're signature, and i have forgotten what the exact quote was and i forgot who it was that had the signature. Can anybody help me out? The quote was about the madness of unbelievers.

2004/9/26 15:30Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: St. Augustine quote

"“Let those,” he very beautifully says to the Manichæans, “burn with hatred against you, who do not know how much pains it costs to find the truth, how hard it is to guard against error;—but I, who after so great and long wavering came to know the truth, must bear myself towards you with the same patience which my fellow-believers showed towards me while I was wandering in blind madness in your opinions.”

~ Augustin(e)

I couldn't find it either, had dropped the 'e' off the end in the original... :-)

2004/9/26 22:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
blind madness in your opinions

Oh yes! Let us seek after truth at all costs. Let us be lovers of God's will! There is 'madness' and confusion apart from truth. You are truth God and your Son is truth incarnate, every word Jesus spoke become truth. We have the spirit of truth let it lead us into the fulness of it and our lives be the outflow of divine truth.

[b]1 John 2:27[/b] - But the anointing which ye have recieved of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2004/9/29 0:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy