SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it

I was just wondering for encouragement because i have been going through this for a long time.

2009/11/15 3:39
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it

what do you meen by faith brother? that anyone stopped believe that Christ was the son of God? stopped believing he died and rose again?

even tho at times i have failed so miserably i have doubted my salvation, i was so comforted when i saw Christ did not pray for peter not to sin or that he would not fall or fail. but that he would not lose his faith. even how badly i have fallen, by Gods grace and mercy i never lost the faith in HIM.

So whatever happens we need to hang on to our faith, without faith it is impossible..

God dont look for sinless people, he looks for honest people that can admit what and how they live and stand before God. And when we do that and have faith, according to our faith be it unto us.

2009/11/15 4:15Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Our faith has both it's beginning and end in Him. One of the major reasons why we loose faith is because we get our eyes off of Him and put them onto ourselves or our circumstances. Our faith has nothing to do with our present condition in the natural, but everything to do with who He is and what He has done. (Hebrews 12:2).

Mike

2009/11/15 7:25Profile

Re: has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it

Hi there brother, it would probably benefit your thread if you explained further by what you mean by the title, "Has anyone ever lost their faith in Christ to regain it".

If you mean that for a time you questioned God, or you were deeply involved in sin, or that you haven't gone to Church for a long while, I wouldn't say that you've lost your faith, rather perhaps your first love.

But you do need to explain yourself so we can come at it more perfectly.

:-)

2009/11/15 9:14
IWantAnguish

Re:

I believe it is possible to be regenerate yet remain unsure of salvation...

I am living proof of this experience.

I struggled for 3 years of what it meant to be saved, and how I could have assurance.

This ultimately lead to resting and trusting in the completed work of Christ, and if that won't get me into heaven, then I'm fine with going to hell... for I will not trust in my own 'goodness' or 'works' for salvation.

2009/11/15 11:35Profile

Re:

I mean i know you guys all have heard my problems already and from where i originally was 6 years ago i felt like a new man living for righteousness, not with much knowledge of sin, but obeying scripture. I had a new faith in Christ that came after he healed me, i felt regenerated, i knew their was a God and i knew the Bible was true, i was just so excited by the word of God even the old testament would bring joy to me, i guess as romans was saying i was walking in the spirit and not in the flesh, t.v brought no interest to me anymore not because i didn't want it to but for some reason i had no interest, i became very unselfish , when christmas came i didn't care about gifts or getting at all, i wanted to only give and see the reactions of others, i started honoring my parents, i wouldn't lie anymore and would make sure i never did, i was real honest and wanted to be, i didn't steal not even a peice of gum or even a quarter from my mom without asking, if someone told or asked me to do something i made sure i did as good as i could until i was finished, if i did a good deed i would say nothing of it lifting myself up, i was in debt and i remember never buying myself anything because of that, i would always pray away from people in the closet as Jesus said, when i had my girlfriend now my wife Allyce i would not look at all in lust after another women, when i talked to people i felt the holy spirit always tell me to care about what the person was saying even if it didn't interest me, i didn't really think of myself at all anymore and my needs, my whole life was surrendered not by me but because God worked in my heart so much and regenerated me, my faith was in Jesus the healer and my Lord, he was always their for me in trouble anbd would answer my prayers and i never doubted at all, i mean the Lord would answer everything it seemed of my prayers. Even as i write this i just remember i was so at peace and set free from the world but oh how i didn't know enough of scripture and i fell into sexual sin fast within a few months at the same time following the rest of scripture but not this important one and also i began to put Allyce before God and my heart began to go to her before God and slowly but maturely and unknowlingly i began to fall away. Now even at that time i never had really knew about the cross of Jesus or the importance of it, i never had a feeling of unworthiness because of my sin, i really didn't think about it like that. When i sinned i confessed and he would feel me with peace and i knew i was forgiven. But never did i believe on Jesus for my salvation of my sins for his death on the cross, never, never did i know how holy God was until this year and even the cross and the meaning of it until this year. I never intended to lose my faith in Christ but i have, my heart has become hardened and my question was did i believe in vain because i didn't believe in Jesus dying for my sins but because he healed me and i believed but i followed him and wanted to serve him though. And now it seems that i know what i did was completely wrong and i have sinned so much against God and i want to be forgiven. But it seems also at the same time i have learned about the cross and the holiness of God and the sinfulness of me that now i am falling away even more, my heart is becoming even more hardened and i am losing faith, why, why would God allow this for someone who doesn't want to lose him, i love him and he is my Lord, i want him so much, but it seems he is letting me go to the world again almost and i am fighting but am like i don't want this i want to live for him so bad, i want to die for him, but i am so weak in my flesh and their is no power from on high in my life that i can do nothing,i hear everyone tell me to rest in him and let go but i have tried that, i have tried to surrender but a week later overcome by the flesh because it was not a work of God but of the flesh. I don't leave the faith completely at all i actually spend most of the day spreading the gospel on facebook, coming on here, listeng to sermons, reading the bible, many of the great books that i have at home, talking to people about God, he is my interest but i know all here is wickedness and God is far from my heart as far as me being clean, i am talking on the outside sounding holy but their is just evil and then at home me and my wife don't get along that great anymore, my heart just doesn't seem to have love towards anyone even though at the sametime i wished i did and i want to. So basically my question has this happened to you before and is their any hope for me, sin has decieved but i want my God back in my life, i understand leonard ravenhill said that Christ is still on the mercy seat and until he gets off it i can still be forgiven. Its scary because i prayed to God 3 weeks ago that Lord either bring me to the cross for salvation or if you can't then let me go because then their is no hope for me and scary to say that is what has been happening i have been falling back into the world, not wanting but i guess that doesn't matter because i was sinning willfully for 3 years with an unsaved women in sexual sin and couldn't stop and i married her but i love her so much but his spirit i don't know if its in my life anymore. Oh my wife Allyce went to her moms house for a week to spend time with her family so i got this whole week to seek after God in Christ, please pray he will come to me and clean up this filth in me. So you know i love my wife Allyce very much, i just feel like because what i did with her has ruined my relationship with god. Pray that he restores both relationships. Brothers and sisters thank you so much for the past almost year for hearing me out and my struggles, i am so happy nobody has flipped out on me but has stayed here for me even though i can sound like an old record machine, but i think you guys see that i'm confused and feel lost because my Lord seems far from me and i was use to him being their for me. Thank you and i just thank God for a site where believers love each other so much to never give up on them, never have i had people like you care so much, i know God is working in you all. God bless you John

2009/11/15 16:34
Jdl

Re:

wow bible4life...I always thought I was alone with my struggles...I can't believe how much we have in common...I hope we both get pulled through

2009/11/15 20:04Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear John (and Jdl?),

You have not lost your faith, you have merely strayed from the path.

As I read through your long and brutally honest testimony, I saw that nowhere did you express any doubt about God or His saving grace. What I can see is that you are doubting yourself and your worthiness before God; you are doubting that He will be willing to take you back because of your falling away into sin.

First, let me say that, having read your detailed testimony, I believe that you are truly saved because it is clear that you still believe in God, but not in yourself. I think all your problems and doubts arise because, as you said, you lack knowledge of God's word. While you were clearly walking in the Spirit before you fell away, I didn't see any mention that you actually fed deeply of God's Word at that time.

Your lack of knowledge of the Word is your weakness, and the devil has taken advantage of that weakness by condemning you of your sin to the point that your own shame and guilt prevents you from trusting God to take you back.

My advice to you is READ THE BIBLE -- not articles, not sermons, not video clips, not posts in sermonindex. Nothing can replace the education that can only be given to you by the Holy Spirit when you read God's Word on your own. It is knowledge of God, through His Word, that will help you grow strong in the faith.

What will you learn from the Bible that can help you?

1. That you are not alone -- all men, even great men of faith, commit sin from time to time because God's standard of holiness is so high that even sinful thoughts (even if not acted upon) is sin in His eyes (Mt 15:19-20).

2. That for ALL believers, God is faithful in that he will forgive your sins if you repent and confess them to Him (1Jn 1:8-9). If you have repented of your sin, no matter what it is, God has forgiven you.

3. There is no end to God's love or to His willingness to forgive. His love is eternal (Jer 31:3).

4. Our righteousness is no longer from obeying the law, or from being free of sin. True righteousness if a gift of God through faith in Christ:

[i]Ro 3:21-24 But now a righteousness from God, part from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace k through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.[/i]

5. A true believer is renewed so that he no longer will remain in sin (1Jn 3:6). Your desire to return to God is proof that you do not want to remain in sin, John.

THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL EVER GROW SPIRITUALLY IF YOU RELY ON INDIRECT SOURCES (SERMONS, ARTICLES, ADVISE, ETC.). READ THE BIBLE EVERYDAY, SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES, AND NEVER STOP.

I have been reading the Bible almost everyday for 24 years now. I have read it cover to cover more than 10 times already. With each reading I learn new things from the Spirit. The treasure is there if you seek prayerfully for it.

2009/11/15 21:06Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

John, jdl: What Leo-Grace said is true. I want to add to it a scripture.

Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

You may fall into either category. If your understanding of the word was weak, Satan can easily steal that revelation of the word away.

If you do not develop root in yourself, when the word of God is tested in your life, you may become offended (This does not mean offended in the sense we use the term today. It means that you will back up on the word and say, "Well, I guess the word does not work")

God wants to root you and ground you in Him. Sermons, books, articles, etc. are all tools that can help you, but they cannot replace time spent in the Word of God, asking God to reveal it to you.

I too would encourage you to get into the Word of God. Begin to devour it. It will be a firm foundation that you will come to stand on and you will not be able to be moved off of it.

God bless you guys. Keep pressing into the things of God.

Travis.

2009/11/15 22:16Profile

Re:

What Leo has offered you is good advice. At first it's always hard to sit and read the bible, but press on and it will become easier and enjoyable.

Let me speak about what your experiencing concerning sin.

"The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life." Romans 6:23

After reading that, don't condemn yourself. There is hope but there are some rules that you need to learn concerning the word of God. "God is not mocked, whatsoever a man soweth that shall he reap". Galatians 6:7 This can be both good or bad, but be sure that both will yield a crop.

I want you to follow me here, don't condemn yourself or lose heart. What I am about to say is about our learning, it's not meant to condemn you so don't let your heart condemn you. Because you have fallen into sin and have repented of it and you have been forgiven, the results of that act your reaping a type of death, because the wages of sin is death. You will "feel" like you've been disconnected from God, but your not. Your still as much in the kingdom but you need to learn about the consequences of your actions. We ALL have to learn them.

Now, the good news is that this will pass, you will overcome because we are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:37

When you face this temptation again, you will look back on this dry time and remember that it's not worth the venture. But if you do venture back into it, then the time of your sojourning in the dry time will be longer until you've learnt to flee the very appearances of evil. God is longsuffering and will forgive you even if you should come to him 490 times a day. This is what the bible calls "Chastening". Hebrews 12:11

This is meant to encourage you. God loves you right now and forever more. He is for you and is encouraging you, but He also wants you to know that His word is not to be taken lightly. He means what He says.

Put a bible in every room in the house, yes even the bathroom. More devotions are done in that room then any other room in the house. :-P

2009/11/15 22:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy