Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sacrificing Our Own Agendas

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Sacrificing Our Own Agendas

Just thought I would pass this along:-)
__

Sacrificing Our Own Agendas

“When we sacrifice our own agendas and come into mutual submission to Him and one another, we demonstrate the spirit of a servant. Too many among us are driven by our own agendas and not His agenda.” (T. Tenney)

2009/11/15 2:12Profile
JoanM

Re: Sacrificing Our Own Agendas

Addressing one aspect of "our agendas" and servant-hood, Chambers said, "To be a disciple means that we deliberately identify ourselves with God's interests in other people."

Thoughts of God's interest, what is in God heart for this person, what is He doing in this person's life, right now, really alters what we say and can change the whole course of a conversation.

2009/11/15 2:55Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Sacrificing Our Own Agendas

Thanks for the post MaryJane. I am going to bump it this morning.

Seeking to fulfill our own agenda is the best way I know of to frustrate God's plans in us and for us, and to walk out of the anointing that rests upon us when we are after His desires. But oh how tempting it is sometimes to do things as we want them done.

Travis.

2009/11/15 10:00Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Travis, Mary Jane, and Joan,

All of these posts need to be taken to heart by all those in the Church, especially the leaders.

Ministry in the Church has to a large extent been all about building up my ministry or increasing the size of my church instead of allowing the Lord Jesus to build His own Church in His own way.

Jesus Christ should have the pre eminence in the Church, and the Holy Spirit should be in control, and our own agendas and methods that are not in line with His will should be cast aside.

Even our praying must come in line with God's will, and His interests and purposes should be our main priority. May our prayer be that His kingdom would come as His will be done on earth even as it is in heaven.

Mike

2009/11/15 11:09Profile
JoanM

Re: Short path to Divine Love

Discerning and identifying myself with God's interests in the other people I meet, is the shortest path to being filled with His Love for them and eager to be of some help, rejoice or weep with them, encourage. Loving them I can speak the Truth (not lie) in Love, (and much else).

Just the fact that God has an interest in and is working in each one here, staggers me. What [b]He[/b] is doing. And I get to witness it. I witnessed this today as I worshiped and studied His Word with my fellowship today. Staggaring.

Thank you Father!

2009/11/15 15:34Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Thank you for the responses. They have been very helpful to me. Learning to care for others and coming together to know Gods heart for His people is something that I am seeking to understand and grow in. I know that there is still much need for growth but I am learning to see His heart for those around me and seeking to make them a priority in sharing and caring for them. The desire of my heart is walk with others and together as one body seek to daily live in submission to Him. I want to learn and grow in understanding what it means to be a servant to Him and others.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/11/15 20:41Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
Thoughts of God's interest, what is in God heart for this person, what is He doing in this person's life, right now, really alters what we say and can change the whole course of a conversation.

This was a very helpful post. You brought Chamber's concept home to an area where I still need to pay a lot more attention - my dealings and conversations with others.

PassingThru

2009/11/15 21:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy