SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christ's Imputed Righteousness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Jhn 16:8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Jhn 16:9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Jhn 16:10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
...................................................................................................................

The work of the Holy Spirit convicts those who do not believe in Christ of sin. And for those who do believe, who are justified, the Holy Spirit convicts of righteousness.

Holy Spirit> convicts non-believers of sin.

Holy Spirit> convicts believers of righteousness.

Do you see that when one confesses Christ, and that His blood reconciles us to the Father, that this is only the beginning of a new life. Born of the Spirit, as babes in Christ, it is God's workmanship upon the vessel beforehand for good works. We as new born sons of God, adopted into the kingdom of God, still are without knowledge and understanding. We still are subject to our carnal minds. It is not God's intent that we continue to live in this state. We know this to be true because Jesus told His disciples that the Holy Spirit would "convict" them of righteousness.

What does it mean when God "convicts" the believer of righteousness? Why does the believer need to be convicted since he has been justified by the blood of Christ?

In Christ
Jeff

2010/1/29 22:35Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Holy Spirit> convicts non-believers of sin.

Holy Spirit> convicts believers of righteousness.

Paul writes about this very subject and how it applies to his life.

..............................................................................................................
Phl 3:8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ

Phl 3:9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which [is] from the law, but that which [is] through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
..............................................................................................................

Paul's desire for himself is that he "may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having" his "own righteousness, which is from the law." The law is intended to teach men what sin is. The law teaches men what they should not do according to the weakness of the flesh. The law does not teach men how to please God, because the written word without the Holy Spirit only condemns.

One will find that there are many who profess Christ yet have not been known by Christ. These have maybe continued for years listening to other men. Years are spent reading many books. Yet they find themselves without power, without thirst for the things of Christ. They struggle in their own flesh. They learn as the pharisee of Jesus' day to condemn others for not living according to the law. They heap burdens on the heads of those who would listen to them. Legalism grows strong in these who choose to live according to the law of God. This is a natural outcome for those who have not found that they must seek a righteousness that comes only from Christ.

Paul continues....

............................................................................................................
Phl 3:10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
............................................................................................................

The work of the Holy Spirit, for those who believe, is that He would convict us of Jesus' righteousness. Paul's greatest desire is that the Holy Spirit would continue to reveal to him the "power of His resurrection." Paul is praying that his heart would grow in likeness with that of His Savior. It is this 'life" that overcomes the world. It is this 'Life" that saves us from the wrath of God. It is this "life" that should be our life if we consider each day as the day of salvation.

In Christ
Jeff

2010/1/31 17:14Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Paul's desire for himself is that he "may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having" his "own righteousness, which is from the law." The law is intended to teach men what sin is. The law teaches men what they should not do according to the weakness of the flesh. The law does not teach men how to please God, because the written word without the Holy Spirit only condemns.

Paul writes that his heart's desire is that his fellow jews would be saved.

....................................................................................................................
Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel [fn] is that they may be saved.

Rom 10:2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
.....................................................................................................................

Paul testifies that these who are not saved do have a zeal for God. Yet zeal without knowledge still falls short of God's way of saving men that are lost. Listen for Paul's diagnosis of their plight.

.....................................................................................................................
Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

The knowledge that these people lack is the substance described as "God's righteousness." Paul states that those who seek to obey the law according to their flesh "have not submitted to the righteousness of God."

What does Paul mean when he points to the fact that they "have not submitted to the righteousness of God?

In Christ
Jeff

2010/2/7 10:42Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""What does Paul mean when he points to the fact that they "have not submitted to the righteousness of God?""

Have not submitted to the knowledge of the Christ that is in them. He is our righteousness, He is our life while we are in this world, He will be our life and righteousness throughout all eternity. That is why Paul says we are being made into the image of Christ, He is our righteousness, sanctification, justification and redemption.

"Christ in you the hope of Glory", "The life I now live, I live by the faith of the Son of God," "to be found in Christ not having my own righteousness"; Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

With us in Christ, it is sure that Christ is in us. You cannot put a sock in the water without the water being in the sock. You cannot put us in Christ without Christ being birthed and born again in us.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/2/7 22:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
"Christ in you the hope of Glory", "The life I now live, I live by the faith of the Son of God," "to be found in Christ not having my own righteousness"; Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Yes Phillip, I posted this thought about two posts ago.

Quote:
You cannot put us in Christ without Christ being birthed and born again in us.

According to Scripture, Christ is not "born again in us." But it is by the Holy Spirit which empowers us to be adopted as co-heirs with Christ. Once adopted, we too are given the power to know the mind of Christ. Once adopted, we too are given the light which gives us an understanding of what Christ commands us to do. Once adopted, we still have a choice. Do we obey His voice or do we neglect that voice. The righteousness of Christ is imputed day by day if we choose to listen. The carnal mind does not have the capability to know Christ's righteousness. Only by the Holy Spirit are we given understanding of Christ's righteousness. Only those who thirst for Christ's righteousness will be filled.

..................................................................................................................
Mat 5:6 Blessed [are] those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
...................................................................................................................

In the above Scripture, Jesus points to this fact, that those who thirst and hunger for righteousness, know that they themselves want to gain something they in themselves do not have. These already know that only Christ can satisfy this hunger. These already know that one day of bread is not enough.

In Christ
Jeff

2010/2/13 9:32Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""According to Scripture, Christ is not "born again in us." """

Then who is?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

What does born mean? There must be a Father and there must be seed of the Father.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

corruptible seed, there is no permanent, enduring life produced by that incorruptible seed. It is in this sense that this is spoken of as "corruptible seed," because it results in decay and death. The word here rendered seed--spora--occurs nowhere else in the New Testament.

Incorruptible seed, But of incorruptible. By truth, communicating a living principle to the soul which can never decay. Comp. 1Jo 3:9: "His seed remaineth in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

Seed: Strong's Greek Dictionary
4701. spora
Search for G4701 in KJVSL
spora spora spor-ah'
from 4687; a sowing, i.e. (by implication) parentage:--seed.

Without the Spirit of Christ being born again in us by the
Incorruptible Seed of the Father, we are none of His.

The Spirit of Christ is not the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of Christ is the Author and Finisher of our Faith. The Holy Spirit is the Teacher of this Truth.

We are the offspring of God, you cannot be an offspring without having a Father, this Father is not an earthly father but a Heavenly Father who has birthed the Spirit of His Son in the believer, again, this is not the Holy Spirit.

Ac 17:28 For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring.
Ac 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Not earthly, but, "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God," which is Heavenly, not of this earth, that is Christ in us the Hope of Glory.

Christ in you; Ro 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Corinthians 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

2 Corinthians 13:3-5 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you. Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

And so many more, it would take up more than this post allows.

That we are offspring and sons; Philippians 2:15-16 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

We are lights, we have life, we shine, we hold forth the Word of Life, we are sons, not running in vain, the only way this can be accomplished is in Christ and By The Logos Himself born again in us in us by the Seed of our Father.

The only life I now live is by the Life of the Son of God whom the Father has birthed in us, being born again of this Incorruptable Seed which is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Who lives in us?

This is the mystery Paul speaks about in all his epistles:

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.

We are perfect to the Father by His Son that is in us.

Christ in us the Hope of Glory: Phillip

2010/2/13 20:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy