SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any true church in the Colville Washington area?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Baldmtnman

Washington State

Any true church in the Colville Washington area?

The Lord strongly laid on my heart and the heart of my son-in-law that we were to move from North Carolina and relocate to my home area of Colville Washington.

The area is wonderful and the people are great. We are loving it!

The only negative has been the church situation. I have prayed and visited many churches since coming here in June and have yet to see any indication of a genuine passion for truth or a burden for the critical day that we live in.

I have yet to hear a message on repentance, prophecy, the last days, the return of the Lord, sin, holiness, purity, prayer, or any other topic that the true church is dying to hear.

All of the preaching has been safe, generic, empty, meaningless, and without conviction. Certainly nothing that might offend anyone. Of course, that means nothing of value has been said either.

The saddest example was at the A.G. church when the pastor preached on "Being a good listener". He referred to one verse of Scripture and didn't even read that. The message was simply about how to listen to other people.

I have such a burden for the modern church and true revival. We day we live is serious and every single moment behind the pulpit should be utilized to expound eternal truth.

If anyone knows of a real church or fellowship in the Colville area, please let me know!

I am praying about starting a fellowship at our home and that God will lead us to like-minded people.

God bless,

Jim

2009/11/11 22:29Profile

Re: Any true church in the Colville Washington area?

This sounds like a good Church to me.

First Baptist Church
915 South Cedar
Colville, WA 99114

Statement of Faith

We believe...

•in the word-by-word inspiration and divine authority of the Holy Scriptures.

•in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

•in the Lord Jesus Christ as true God and true man; His virgin birth, spotless humanity, vicarious death, bodily resurrection, present advocacy; and His personal, imminent, bodily, visible, pretribulation and premillennial return for His Church.

•in the fall of man, resulting in his complete and universal separation from God, and his need of salvation.

•that the Lord Jesus Christ died and shed His blood as a sacrifice for the sins of the whole world.

•that Scriptures teach that repentance is a personal act, prompted by the Spirit; and consists in a godly sorrow for sin, together with prayer for pardon.

•that Scriptures teach that repentance is a personal act, prompted by the Spirit; and consists in a godly sorrow for sin, together with prayer for pardon.

•that salvation is a free and everlasting gift of God, entirely apart from works; that every person is responsible to receive salvation by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; that a soul once saved can never be lost.

•that the Holy Spirit regenerates with divine life and personally indwells the believer upon his faith in Christ for salvation.

•in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved.

•in the unending life of the saved with the Lord, and the unending punishment of the unsaved.

•in the responsibility of each believer, motivated by the love of Chirst and empowered by the Holy Spirit, to witness for Christ and to live sacrificially for the proclamation of the Gospel into all the world.

•in believer's baptism by immersion.

First Baptist Church • 915 South Cedar • Colville, WA 99114

If it sounds good to you, check it out and let us know what you think of it.

God bless,

Walter

2009/11/12 0:14
Baldmtnman

Washington State

Re:

Walter,

Thanks for the reply. How long have you been associated with the First Baptist Church in Colville? I have to admit, it's been 30+ years since I attended that particular church. I am wondering how the present pastor preaches. Does he preach repentance, the Blood, the coming of the Lord, etc...

I have great respect for my Baptist brothers, but I have to admit that I find the Unconditional Eternal Security Doctrine such a damnable heresy that it's pretty much a deal breaker. I can contend with many doctinal differences but, I fear, that one will be responsible for more lost souls than any other heresy ever preached.

Anyway, I am open to give it a try, please let me know your experiences with that particular church.

Thanks,

Jim

2009/11/12 15:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy