SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : suggestion about unwanted SI messages

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

So are we under the law or spirit when we run a red light??? The fact is that the reason for the suggestion was that people WERE BREAKING THE RULES, they were using the grace of Greg and Paul to attack the forum by not adhering to the rules. Leo's suggestion was not to put anyone under the 'law' it was to get something in place to make them adhere to a LAW or rule that was already in place by the one's who run this forum. It's as plain as that. I'm stunned here.

Let me ask you Heartsong, who was under the law when Greg and Paul asked for us to report people who were abusing the forum priviledge via running multiple accounts? Why did they not just tell us not to pray about it? If they tell us to e-mail them with abusive accounts and they dismiss the offender under the law then how is this wrong? Are we in bondage because of this? This is getting a little out there.

2009/11/12 16:09
HeartSong

Re:

It is the same for all.

2009/11/12 16:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Guys... SI is not broke. Doesn't need to be fixed. There will always be trouble makers no matter what controls are put in place.

As for a gut reaction to your request... Please note that not all agree with your suggestion about changes to the forum. This does not mean that we are against you and are thinking conspiracy, but that we disagree with what is being suggested.

Is SI not a place where brothers and sister can agree AND disagree, or do we all need to be of one particular person's viewpoint and opinion? To suggest that one holds more worldly values (American) for not wanting certain filters in place is wrong.

Seriously, are we now throwing accusations against each other because we disagree about SI form etiquette?

2009/11/12 17:55Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: ccrider and big government!

Quote:
Quote:
Lysa wrote:
"Being the Libertarian that I am, the whole idea smacks of government intervention, which I definitely do not think we need." lysa

ccrider wrote:
How do you compare this to government intervention? How is Leo's suggestion to the entity of the forum comparabel to the 'smackness' of government intervention? How does it smack?

Obviously, we disagree over “government intervention”!!! I was just equating any rules and regulations implemented in this forum with what the federal government does (Not trying to tell Greg what to do or make this about Greg!).

What I was trying to say and if you didn’t get it the first time, I doubt I will be able to convey my passion about it in another typed post but here goes...

It smacks of government intervention by let’s say that, [b]“IF”[/b] Greg were to implement extra moderators to check everyone out, make sure they live where they say they live, and read all their testimonies, etc… then comes rule one, two and three. Ok, then someone else comes along complaining about something else, instituting another moderator or two to take care of THAT problem and then someone else complains about something else and here we elect some more moderators with even MORE rules and regulations... I am, of course, equating the (possible) rules and regulations to BIG government and BIG government interventions and before you know it, freedom here on SI slips slowly away.

I refuse to answer another question on this continue with this line of questioning about big government! [b]PM me if you didn't understand my example, please.[/b]

God bless you ccrider!

2009/11/12 18:21Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: heartsong and ccrider

Quote:
ccrider wrote:
Leo's suggestion was not to put anyone under the 'law' it was to get something in place to make them adhere to a LAW or rule that was already in place by the one's who run this forum. It's as plain as that. I'm stunned here.

Let me ask you Heartsong, who was under the law when Greg and Paul asked for us to report people who were abusing the forum priviledge via running multiple accounts? Why did they not just tell us not to pray about it? If they tell us to e-mail them with abusive accounts and they dismiss the offender under the law then how is this wrong? Are we in bondage because of this? This is getting a little out there.

I don’t think your argument is with HeartSong although you seem to be taking it out on her, shame on you. All she did was defend my ‘government intervention’ remark and you like 'threw up' on her!!

I thank you for trying HeartSong!!

About the multiple accounts, I found them thoroughly amusing; especially Loingirder.

Back to seriousness... ccrider, you must have a sense of humor about these things or at least take things with a grain of salt and not so personally. There is life outside of SermonIndex.

If Greg has asked you guys to keep an eye out for spammers and those abusing accounts, then by all means, keep doing what you are doing! I don't get all bent out of shape when I see them post because they don't post very often, thank you God!

I do agree with HeartSong's post on the first page I think... wolves know how to speak Christianese, wounded sheep does not know how and won't even try. I don't know about you but that's who I want.

We must let the tares grow along side the wheat lest we rip any wheat out before it's time.

Please let me reiterate that this is just my two bucks worth and that is all. I do not value my own opinion so highly as to think everyone will bow down to it! LOL This is Greg's web site, I voiced an opinion, period! And if you don't like it or you are not satisfied with my answers, please PM me so we do not hijack this thread.

God bless you ccrider!!

2009/11/12 18:36Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Maybe you could do something like a post limit, say only 20 posts a week until you have 200 posts under your belt.

2009/11/12 20:24Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Maybe you could do something like a post limit, say only 20 posts a week until you have 200 posts under your belt.

This would have taken out hmmhmm when he first came on board. He was posting article after article - just like a happy little bee. Every time I came on he was everywhere.

Does not anyone think that the Lord is in control here? This all reminds me of Animal Farm somehow...

2009/11/12 20:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Seriously, are we now throwing accusations against each other because we disagree about SI form etiquette?

Don't forget that Brother Greg has welcomed these suggestions and has asked prayer to see what can be done to implement them. So he is open for change and improvements.

I like things the way they are, but if something can be done about the security of keeping out scammers, hey, I am for it.

P.S. Just as a side note, Who is getting uptight in this thread? I thought it was a good discussion so far. No?

2009/11/12 20:34
HeartSong

Re:

I was just reading Psalm 92 and thought that it applied here:

"O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this. When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever: But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore. For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered." - Psalm 92:5-9

I am now going to take my own advice and trust that the Lord is in control here.

God bless you one and all!

2009/11/12 21:23Profile

Re:

"I don’t think your argument is with HeartSong although you seem to be taking it out on her, shame on you. All she did was defend my ‘government intervention’ remark and you like 'threw up' on her!!" lysa

What are you talking about?? Shame on me for responding to heartsongs post TO ME. If she's defending you that doesn't matter, she took MY quote (not your quote) and responded TO ME (not to you) with it. I responded back. She hasn't done anything anyone else hasn't done, and neither have I. What gives with this shame and vomit stuff? Have you ever done this on SI?? As in taken a part of a post, quoted it, then elaborated on it even if the discussion was primarily with some other posters. It's called 'joining in on the discussion'. That's what heartsong did. It happens all the time lysa, and I had every right to respond unashamed. Talk about taking things too seriously here... shame on me for responding to my own qoute back to me with a subsequent response from heartsong answering my quote. Okay, for what it's worth... I apologize.. to both of you.

As far as everything else let me just say once again as clearly as I can, the moderators have asked the forum posters to e-mail them with possible abuses. If this is the case in asking for our assistance then it is not unreasonable for someone to say 'okay, but can you help us out too by investigating a filter process to determine multiple accounts'. That's it. No one said reduce freedom, no one said discriminate or oppress... just 'is there a simple way to find multiple account holders who are abusing a priviledge to attack the forum'. How we got from there to here is a little humorous because what's being added to all this is ridiculous. You may find multiple account posters amusing and that's fine, but obviously with the response from the moderators themselves asking for the abuse to be reported... they do not. Someone was simply (and humbly I might add) giving a suggestion to the moderators to try and help them out, it was an attempt to HELP. Not to oppress. Not to bring Big Brother/Sister..Gov't.. legalism or anything else deemed similar onto the forum. Beyond this I can't help the conspiracy freedom fighters understand the gist. -edit- And if there isn't a way to do this without oppressing the masses then that's fine, no one has demanded anything, they just asked. -end-

2009/11/13 12:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy