SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : suggestion about unwanted SI messages

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Leo_Grace wrote:

Quote:

This sounds like a good idea, but instead of the 500+ posts required (one can get 500+ by "amen"-ing all threads all the time), the moderators should appoint several forum "elders" chosen prayerfully based on previous participation - men of sound and mature faith. These "elders", guided by a set of rules provided by the moderators, can do the tagging to enforce forum ethics. This will provide an additional layer of protection to what moderators are already doing.

Respectfully, this is not a church. Brother Paul pointed this out in a different thread I believe.

With all due respect and with nothing personal towards your idea Leo, but if we start "playing church" on SI, my time posting here will come to an end.

2009/11/12 1:02Profile

Re:

Well what 'church' are we talking about here?? I don't come on here to sit in a pew or eagerly await denominational doctrine to be randomly and arbitrarily regurgitated to me. The church is the body of Christ, the renmant church, living stones. Some belong, some don't. Some here have fellowship with others and have formed meaningful relationships, others seek prayer and edification. The one's who don't, they like to stir up trouble, THEY like to attack the forum. Greg knows this.. otherwise he wouldn't entertain the idea of a filter.

2009/11/12 8:41
Laviver

Re:

What about truth seeking unbelievers? What would position would the lost be in? Just unwelcome on a board where your circumcision and character must be proved for fellowhsip?

2009/11/12 10:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
What about truth seeking unbelievers?

If you notice on the left side of the margin of this website, "Who's online" you'll currently see at this moment 53 Guests and a meager 8 members on line. The 53 guests are three classes, "the believers, the make believers and the unbelievers". So to answer your question, the unbelievers who are curious have all the information at their fingertips. They have sermons, they have our writings and debates. It's all here. Do they need to become a member to learn any of this? The 53 Guests proves that they don't. Being a member is having the privilege of participating in this forum.

2009/11/12 10:16

Re:

"What about truth seeking unbelievers? What would position would the lost be in? Just unwelcome on a board where your circumcision and character must be proved for fellowhsip?" lav

I'm obviously speaking for myself here and others who have been here. The post was directed on what the biblical definition of 'church' is. There are those deceivers here who claim to be brethren but are wolves in sheep's clothing. Paul defined them biblically "2Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." These use multiple accounts to knowingly deceive the brethren here AND the unbelievers I might add. This is the issue.

2009/11/12 10:20
Laviver

Re:

I meant more in regards to being able to ask a question. Between this thread and the other on roughly the same topic, it seems like it would be all but impossible for a seeker to ask questions. Of course they would have all the resources available for viewing. Perhaps that is sufficient.

It may be that because I have not born the brunt of one of these "troublemaker posters" I am not as anxious to have more and more hoops to jump through. Sounds very big government all around.

2009/11/12 10:25Profile
Laviver

Re:

I understand what you're saying ccrider. It seems that regular moderation is all that is necessary to handle these cases as they arise without having to reinvent the forum wheel.

Sorry for double post.

2009/11/12 10:27Profile

Re:

Laviver...Okay I see what you're saying now. An unbeliever might not have a testimony. That's a great and legitimate point. I have no answer or suggestion for that... it definitely complicates things. I'm with ginnyrose on the multiple accounts though.. if there is a way to filter those in a proactive way I think it would be beneficial.

2009/11/12 10:31

Re:

Quote:
Sounds very big government all around.

In the early Church, government was a big thing. Did you know that no one had an independent individuality? They were all in one accord, one mind, broke bread from house to house, sold houses and lands to feed and house the poor IN THE CHURCH. They were interdependent upon one another. No one did their own thing, they did it together. It's was not an "us 4 and no more" attitude. One of the callings of the Spirit is "governments". The 7 men that were called to take care of the widows were gifted with the workings of government.
Quote:
Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

This goes against the "American way". The Camel Sedan they drove they did not consider it to be their own. I mean that is difficult to fathom.

Even when I talk about my privacy, I know that I am speaking foolishly. There is no such a thing as privacy in the Church. Each knew of one another's business, save our wives. Sin wouldn't be so rampant if we knew one another more. Accountability was huge in those days. In those days when the persecution was heightened, you had to be known or you were not let in. Everything about you had to be revealed.

When we get into this thing Brothers and Sisters, we are going to lose our individuality, and we are going to love it, though right now it looks scary.

2009/11/12 11:16

Re:

I think the big gov't thing is a bit overdramatic. There are rules everywhere folks, many are necessary and not oppressively sinful.

This is real simple: are multiple accounts allowed? If not, and many are getting away with breaking the rules and being deceptive in propagating their theology, then what is to be done? And can this be prevented in a way that's fair to everyone? You guys act like the very idea is voodoo administration.

If I didn't know any better I would think that those here asking for, at the very least, minimal safeguards, were asking Musolini (Greg) and Stalin (Paul) to oppress the masses with an iron fist. Come now. What started out as a simple suggestion by Leo Grace, a dear brethren, to make it more difficult for some to deceive and attack the forum, has turned into a psuedo conspiracy theory. Give me a break guys..... this forum isn't going to start the next communist regime. The Big Brother/Big Sister stuff pertaining to the forum is just plain goofiness.

2009/11/12 11:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy