SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Guys, I don't think I'm ever going to be saved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jdl

Guys, I don't think I'm ever going to be saved

Hi everyone...today wasn't the best of days, as this kept going through my mind...I wanted to ask you all something...Has hell ever been a struggle for any of you? I don't think I can ever be saved by God as long as I am bothered by the concept of an eternal hell...I envy people who say with the utmost conviction that hell is too good a place for them because it makes the mercy of God so much sweeter to them...and here I'm struggling because the idea of eternal punishment frightens and bothers me so much...if any of you struggled with that, how did you come out of it? Thanks...sorry if my posts have become bothersome to you all

2009/11/10 18:12Profile

Re: Guys, I don't think I'm ever going to be saved

Eternal hell or eternal heaven or eternity itself can be a struggle for many. But whats happening is that your fleshly mind is creating another excuse to not submitt to the free gift of God in Jesus Christ. Perhaps you "value" your struggling thoughts more than you "value" God Himself? Jesus was God the Word. He then "valued" you, Jdl, so much that He emptied himself of his Godhood and became a man. He became a man and was willing to be humuliated for Jdl. Yes, humuliated for your struggles and unbelief. He was beaten by those He created. He was Killed by those He loved and cared for.

Can you imagine any earthly King, President, or Business man leaving all his riches and position to die in your place??

But it dosen't end there. Jesus raised himself from the dead. Proving that He was the Son of God with Power!!!! He can raise you from your dead state right now...if..only you would believe Him instead of doudting Him.

I hope this helps you. We all love you and want to see your "struggle" end and come into the rest in Jesus Christ alone!

2009/11/10 18:27
Miccah

Wisconsin

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom...

2009/11/10 18:36Profile
MaryJane

Greetings Jdl

Yes I have struggled with the idea of hell. The thought that some of those that I love may end up suffering eternity there. I have laid awake at night and cried and prayed that the hearts of loved ones would be changed. That mothers, brothers, sisters, family and friends would see their need for Him and repent. I have shared with these same family and friends about Jesus over and over only to have them reject Him. All I can tell you is that when I looked into the mirror and I saw myself as I am, a sinner, corrupt, wicked, with nothing good inside of me, and then I looked to the cross and I saw Jesus, I knew. I knew with out a doubt that I deserved hell and so did all those family and friends of mine. He suffered, He paid the price, He sacrificed and endured all for me, and for you. Each one of us deserves hell but God is so merciful that He sent His only son to save us. For those who turn to Jesus, submit their life to Him, repent of their sin there is a promise of salvation and life with Him. Hell should frighten us, it is a terrifying place, but it is a place that each one who rejects His son not only deserves but belongs. I do not say this easily, it weighs heavy on my heart that those I love may spend eternity suffering, but they do so by their own choice and continued living for self.
God Bless
maryjane

2009/11/10 18:41Profile
anonymity

Re:

Hi,

I think I will say 2 things.

First,

I don't really think you would have a problem with justice.

I mean if some person murdered your family in some horrid way in cold blood you wouldn't mind him being judged for it.

So, the problem might be in that you do not think God is being just in sending men to hell.

This might root from you not thinking mans sin is bad enough to deserve such a punishment.

The fact is though that sin is a very weighty thing.

Especially when seen in the true light of the true holiness of God.

Man is not only accountable for lying or sinning against man but against God.

The Gospel which is a lofty mercy from God raise the bar for accountability. A great salvation if neglect leads to a great judgment.

When one sins against an eternal God they receive an eternal judgment.

Not only this, but when one walks proudly before God if His anger is justly kindled he will take more then an eye for an eye. For instance if a man took the life of your child his life would not be enough to satisfy your desire for justice. You would be so righteously angry you would want 3 of His.

When a man sins against God they are not just sinning against anyone. They are sinning against a King, a Savior, the Groom of the Bride the Church, against "God" who receives all glory and honor, ect.

We do not see the weight of sin until we experience it. When we sin against someone it is not so bad. When they sin against us it is huge and that person so evil for we feel the consequence of their sin.

We have a problem loving our neighbor. We are offended to the person next to us because we are effected by them relationally, but not so much the man across the world. However, God is relationally connected to every person in the world even more so then we our neighbor for even their hearts effect Him. Imagine billions of people with bilions and billions of sins all touching the heart of God personally and imagine if you had to endure that when you cannot even endure a couple from your neighbor.

In addition look at what the world has done. World war 2, slavery, human trafficking, neglecting the poor, pride, fellowship with darkness, and a hate for God by loving sin.

Secondly,

It is not as if everyone gets the same amount of judgment. I know that all who are not with Christ will go to the lake of fire for eternity, but there will be different levels of punishment therein. So Stalin, Hitler, and others will be judged much worse then others.

I will end by saying that I empathize with you in some sense. I mean some are offended by earthly judgments, but neglect to think of those coming later. This is largely due in part to not believing it or not being sincere enough to acknowledge it. So, I respect the fact that you are looking at things truthfully. This though is in fact the truth. This truth is not easy to receive. If it were easy to receive it probably would not be the truth. This great judgment speaks to us of the great sacrifice and love God has given us in Christ. It speaks of the great evil of mankind to deserve such a penalty. It speaks of the greatness of God and His lofty holiness and love and eternality.

In the end you need God's help to receive His word. I know even after being saved that I have had problems with doctrines like these. I wrestled with them fervently in my head for seasons. I thought and thought and though that helped some I in the end had to lean into God for grace. God has shown me grace and taught me things though hard are true and right and love uncompromised in the beauty of His holiness.

2009/11/10 18:55Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Jdl,

I'm sure many genuine Christians have struggles about the idea of eternal punishment. I wouldn't necessarily discount your salvation because of this. Do you have a pastor you can talk to?

With care in Christ...

2009/11/10 18:56Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings anonymity

You wrote:It is not as if everyone gets the same amount of judgment. I know that all who are not with Christ will go to the lake of fire for eternity, but there will be different levels of punishment therein. So Stalin, Hitler, and others will be judged much worse then others.

Could you share with me scripture reference where you are seeing this that has led you to this understanding that there is different levels of hell?

God Bless
mj

2009/11/10 19:52Profile
Leo_Grace

Jdl,

You are right to be afraid of hell. It is a place of terror and pain; of darkness and damnation; and hell is eternal.

But why should this fear keep you from seeking God? The scarier hell is, the more you would want to avoid it and turn to God, right? I would think it would be an encouragement rather than a hindrance, although one does not become saved because they are afraid of hell. A person becomes saved because they love the Lord Jesus with a life-changing, self-sacrificing type of love.

Can you explain more clearly why the idea of hell keeps you away from God?

2009/11/10 20:09Profile

JDL, It shouldn't really be a concern. The scriptures tells us not to fear hell but rather fear God.

There is no doubt in my mind that your being tormented and it's up to those on here who are spiritual to pray for you and to cast down every imagination that highly exalts itself against the knowledge of God. And that knowledge of God is that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been freely given to you by faith.

Quit this doubting and saying lies that God is unable to save you, when in fact He can save to the uttermost.

You should get to a spirit filled Church in your community and get some good solid teaching on faith and justification.

Yes, I have struggled with this idea about going to hell, but truly is a lie from the devil. He was constantly badgering about my salvation and that I deserved hell. One day when he was assaulting me I simply spoke back to him and told him that he was right. "I did deserve hell BUT the blood of Jesus Christ has saved me from going there". That ended the abuse. But you see, you have to come to the place that your fed up with the lies that devil is throwing at you.

The scriptures are true when it says, "Resist the devil and he will flee from you". He can't stand anyone who is trusting Jesus by faith and believing what He said. He runs from that. So you need to stand firm and tell that defeated enemy that "he has lost the battle, Christ is victor". And stand on that until he flees, and you'll know when he is gone. But he'll be back with different ammunition but at least he won't be able to touch in that area any more.

None of us can take you by the hand and do it for you, you have to speak up for yourself and claim the victory for which Christ died.

It's really up to you. However, we will pray for you that your faith fail not. In Jesus name.

P.S. are you listening to any of the sermons that have been sent your way? If not, why not? Listen to the sermons on this website, and get that word in your spirit, you will not be able to stand up to the wiles of the devil without knowing the word of God. It's vital and imperative that you digest the word of God and listen to godly sermons.

2009/11/10 20:37
INGRACE

Jackson,AL.

Re:

Yes there is a punishment of the wicked,and it will be horrific.If one is in Christ,he is a creation,and if we stumble we can repent and ask God to forgive us.

However perfect love casts out all fear,and fear has a torment,read the word,spend quality time with The Lord,ask the Holy Spirit to empower you.
The Lord keeps those in perfect whose mind is stayed upon him.
Grow strong in The Lord,and the power in of His might.

2009/11/10 22:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy