SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : inductive bible study vs. Philosophy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

inductive bible study vs. Philosophy

I want to bless all those who are serious bible students with this opportunity to visit one of the best websites for inductive bible study. The work is tremendous and was done over a period of many years. I was amazed when I saw it several years ago. Philosophy is a reasoning with the mind and is valueless. It is a temptation to be like the serpent in the garden -- has God said???? We learn more by analizing the scriptures a little at a time dialectic logic is a form of witchcraft, why? because if it gets the truth and reasons with it ,then comes up wrong, then it tells God he is wrong. why witchcraft? because it is rebeling against God and disagreeing with the word. It has the approach of trying to disprove a statement of the word of God. It is a science and technique. it's dangers are that if it is done in the sight of others who are not grounded in the word it can lead them to not be grounded on stable bible truth. The best approach is to ask questions focused on learning and not on disproving. in Rom.1:21 the word imaginations is defined as reasonings which are vain-- empty. they are empty because when all is said and done the person is no better other than that they have caused division and strife which is a abomination to God. We must learn the word of God to grow to be like Jesus, and to do his will then we have productive and fruitful lives. we tamper with the scriptures when we approach them proudly and not humbly. the website is Dennis Schmidt bible papers.com He has on that site a bible topics index which helps find topics as well as his bible verse by verse studies.

2009/11/9 14:43Profile
Laviver

Re: inductive bible study vs. Philosophy

Not much on that site brodav9.

2009/11/9 16:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

BroDav,

I googled "Dennis Schmidt bible papers.com". Then I clicked on the links "List of Inductive Bible Studies" and got a window "Page URL not found". Ditto to "Inductive Bible Study Technique and Instruction." I do not know when it was removed from the web...just thought you might want to know.

I am a tad bit confused about your perception about the Inductive Method. Are you saying you consider it the best method of Bible Study?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/11/9 17:01Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

The best teacher I have found of the inductive
Bible study method is Kay Arthur. You can find
her at crosswalk.com and oneplace.com.

2009/11/9 17:15Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: help

if you will go to google .com and search you'll do better. inductive is not the best but it is the best you can get online. I think other posts did not find the site because Dennis is a huge site. it is based on a cross reference type of operation. The indexes he has on there show you the tremendous amount of subjects. it is not really a interesting site for baby Christians as they rather stay on opinions instead of sound biblical teaching. I still recomend it for those who don't want to be tossed about by every wind of doctrine. philosophy is a humanistic approach to the bible and is based on a intelectual spirit. inductive study takes the scriptures and doesn't say one scriptures says one thing but rightly divides the word of truth. Jesus did that in Lk.4:4 when he refered to Deut. 8:3 He was showing that what he said lined up, with the scriptures and not his own opinions. God bless.

2009/11/10 19:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

brodav,

I agree the inductive method of Bible study is by far the best method to study the scriptures. It teaches one how to think. I was taught it in Bible School back in 1967 and have used its principles ever since. I still get more out of a scripture if I outline it!

I love it because it is so simple and it relies on the Word to interpret itself which is by far the best method in helping one understand the WORD.

Blessings,

ginnyrose

2009/11/10 19:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy