SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you know if a dream is from the Lord or not?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

How do you know if a dream is from the Lord or not?

Greetings

How do you know if a dream that you have had is from the Lord or not? If its a bad dream does that mean that it is most likely from the enemy or just the days events and not from the Lord?
A friend of mine shared a dream she had recently that she said really bothered her. She said that she was at home and she was standing in her bathroom with a pair of scissors in her hands. She took the scissors and began cutting off all of her long hair. (she has very long hair) She kept cutting it until it was very short. She said that when she was done cutting it she dyed her hair black. Afterward she looked in the mirror and could barely recognize herself, she said she felt very upset in the dream because she knew her husband was not going to be happy with the changes she made to her appearance. She said that the dream was very vivid and really upset her that she would behave that way in the dream with such total disregard for her husbands feelings. (he has always liked her hair long) I do not know if this dream is from the Lord or just a bad dream but she said that it has really just been weighing heavy on her heart since she had it. Any thoughts that I might share with her?

God Bless
mj

2009/11/8 1:57Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: How do you know if a dream is from the Lord or not?

I sent you more in a PM...

I'd say your friend's dream is from the Lord. She will need to seek Him for the intrepretation of it. If it's grieved her heart, it's usually from the Lord and not everything is straightforward (as it seems) in a dream from the Lord.

2009/11/8 11:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I spoke with my friend this morning and will pass along what has been shared with me via pm. She did say that she at one time had been struggling with submitting to her husband in some areas. She mentioned that she has had to die to some feminist attitudes from her past but she thought that she had and is confused by this dream.

Thank you for sharing your thought
God Bless
maryjane

2009/11/8 12:27Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Hi. In God's eyes, husband and wife are one. Maybe they should try to interpret the dream together. Has she told her husband about it?

2009/11/8 12:33Profile

If the dream is from the LORD ask the LORD to give it again. In the Old and New Testaments it was not unusual for the LORD to present the same dream 2 or 3 times. Each time He repeats it it will be a different dream but will mean the same thing. If the LORD doesn't repeat the dream in a short time, it was probably a bad dream and she should talk it over with hubby so that her fears of what he might think of her if such a thing were to occur will be displayed before him, so Satan won't have any foot hold.

2009/11/8 12:40
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I spoke with my friend and shared some of your thoughts that have been shared with me. She has been praying about this and said that she has told her husband about this dream and he just kind of laughed and said that he would still love her even if she did cut her hair all off although he is not to fond of the color black. He told her not to worry that he thought it was just a dream. She said she appreciated his heart in wanting to make her feel better but she feels a very heavy weight about this. She said that it was not the act of cutting her hair or dying it black that was so troubling to her as much as the attitude in the way she was going about it. Almost as if she was rebelling or frustrated when she was doing it. She said that she also just felt really heart broken by what she saw in the mirror afterward, it was not the person that she wants to be staring back at her.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/11/8 13:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
if she was rebelling or frustrated when she was doing it.

Perhaps this is the point the dream was teaching her?

ginnyrose

2009/11/8 15:56Profile

Quote:
She said that it was not the act of cutting her hair or dying it black that was so troubling to her as much as the attitude in the way she was going about it. Almost as if she was rebelling or frustrated when she was doing it

That would bother me too.

I had some thoughts on it, but I am going to wait on them.

The dream consists:

Scissors
Long Hair
Short Hair
Black Dye
Fear
Mirror
A Reflection

2009/11/8 16:24
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear MaryJane,

What concerns me most is that you would post a thing told you in confidence on the internet. I know you left out names but the dream is very specific and if I were she and came upon this thread I would be deeply hurt.

The question is a good one but the exposing of the friends dream was not needed to get answers.

I really liked the responses suggesting she talk with her husband.

white stone

2009/11/9 9:28Profile

Re:

If you read further Whitestone that Maryjane has been telling her friend what she is getting off the thread from posters. If you've read any of Maryjane's writings you'll know that she is a discreet woman and shy's away from exposing anyone's personal information unless asked. I can see Maryjane asking her friend for permission to do this.

I hope I am right.

2009/11/9 9:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy