SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are You Willing?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Are You Willing?

What must I do to be saved? Lately this question continually comes to me in prayer. The Lord is really having me think this over. The rich man asked Jesus this question.

Are you willing to sell everything you own to follow Jesus? What does this mean to you? Are you willing to give up what you hold dear or important in your life? He asks us to do this. Are we willing? Are we willing to give up what we continually try to hang onto? God will not fully use us until we finally let go of everything that is not of Him. Like Oswald Chambers, like Watchman Nee and others, until we finally let the last thing go, God will not and cannot use us as an empty vessel to it's full capacity. Our fleshly wants and desires continue to keep us mediocre. Yes, God is still using us- but how much more can He use us, how much Holy Spirit power can freely flow through us when we lay it all down- all fleshly desires, all worldly desires. All we need is what the Lord is willing to provide. Are we willing to trust Him? Are we willing to sell everything? (our leisure activities, our worldly wants and desires, our reputations, our vain imaginations, our expectations). He is calling and asking, "Who will lay down their "stuff" so they can pick up their cross and follow Me?" We can't hold "stuff" and the cross too. He is asking me. He is asking you.

In His service, Chanin

2004/9/23 9:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Are You Willing?

Quote:
Are you willing to sell everything you own to follow Jesus? What does this mean to you? Are you willing to give up what you hold dear or important in your life? He asks us to do this. Are we willing? Are we willing to give up what we continually try to hang onto?

Is a person not "saved" until he comes to this point of surrender? sorry that question just popped up in my mind. Thanks for sharing this Chanin its something definetly for those who confess the name of Christ to think and pray over. Wouldn't it be wonderful to sing the hymn "I surrender all" and really mean it and live in its reality. :-)

[b]I surrender all[/b]
All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

Refrain

I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

Refrain

Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

Refrain

Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

Refrain

All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Refrain

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/s/isurrend.htm

2004/9/23 9:24Profile
Rafiki

His Hands

Re:

I Surrender...

2004/9/23 9:33Profile
moreofHim

Re: willing

Quote:
Is a person not "saved" until he comes to this point of surrender?

Believe me, I was asking the same thing. I kept wondering why this quote kept coming to me every other day or so in prayer. I knew that i was to rethink "how we think people are "saved". We are to surrender our lives, our selves to Jesus. This seems pretty clear. And then a continual surrendering is going on, I believe. I know that until I fully surrendered three years ago and said "ok, God you have me totally and completely" I wasn't a christian. I thought I was , but I know that i was not saved during that period between when I was 12 and all those lukewarm years in between. And now the process is continual- like a journey, like Pilgrims progress.

We can follow the law, the rules of religion, do all the right things in the eyes of religious men as the rich man did- but that wasn't enough. He was to lay it all down. He couldn't and He walked away sad because he knew He couldn't do that.

Just as David Wilkerson says in Counterfeit Christianity (i believe) the church is full of counterfeit christians because they won't lay it all down. I was so happy to hear him say this because i truly believe this is what the Lord has been trying to show me this past three years. It was such confirmation, when the rest of Christian City thinks you are nuts.

In Him, chanin

2004/9/23 9:37Profile
moreofHim

Re: willing

More thoughts...I remember someone saying something to this effect:

Have you ever thought about how many christians say they would die for Jesus? Most say they would. Have you ever thought how much easier it is to die for Christ then to live for Him?

I mean really live for Him, fully surrendered, everyday. Anyone can say they would die for Jesus. How many are willing to say "I will LIVE for Jesus"? This is day after day, year after year. I can guarantee that many christians would rather die first.

A fellow traveler, Chanin

2004/9/23 9:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy