SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can you help me out?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Can you help me out?

Ok, so I have a question…

Why do preachers in the current generation criticize the Church by contrasting Her with the former generation, and yet you find the former generation criticizing the Church and contrasting Her with its previous generation…and so on…and so on...

Has the Church ever been beautiful like Jesus said she would be?

2009/11/7 9:04

Re: Can you help me out?

Psalm 45

10 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;

11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he [is] thy Lord; and worship thou him.

13 The king's daughter [i]is[/i] all glorious within: her clothing [i]is[/i] of wrought gold.

Isn't this the difference between the visible, and the invisible church?

2009/11/7 9:39

Re:

Quote:
Isn't this the difference between the visible, and the invisible church?

I agree with you.

Why can't preachers take the time to distinguish between the two in their messages?
Is it laziness? Ignorance? Traditionalism?

2009/11/7 9:45

Re:

Fear?

Hypocrisy?

2009/11/7 9:51
Leo_Grace

Quote:

Mahoney wrote:
Ok, so I have a question…

Why do preachers in the current generation criticize the Church by contrasting Her with the former generation, and yet you find the former generation criticizing the Church and contrasting Her with its previous generation…and so on…and so on...

The truth is the church, the body of believers, will never be beautiful by herself, if one would define such beauty as perfect holiness. But her sins and stains have been washed away by the grace of God through the love of Jesus, so in God's eyes she is indeed perfect in beauty, even today; for God's love is an everlasting and unconditional love.

Having said this, I believe that the true church, the bride of Jesus, is a lot smaller than what most people think, for it only includes those who are true in their faith.

[i]Eph 5:25-27 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."[/i]

2009/11/7 13:21Profile

Quote:

I am glad that you brought this up. I have always contended that the church is indeed beautiful. There is way too much condemnation and putting down the Church of Jesus Christ.

2009/11/7 15:17
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

There is a difference between recognizing that the church as a whole is not all she should be and having a continual negative attitude toward the church. That we would not be scorn the body, but love and nurture our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. That we not condemn them, but restore, edify, exhort, comfort them.

The Church of Jesus Christ truly is beautiful and I believe in these last days is going to grow more and more beautiful. I love the church, the world-wide body of Christ. She has come out of every nation, tribe, and tongue with one common passion, a deep love for Jesus Christ, and a desire for all to know Him.

Praise God that I am part of that body.

2009/11/7 19:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy