SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Updates from China

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Denny

Virginia

Updates from China

Please keep my son Gabriel and I in your prayers as we work here in China. We have 10 more towns to visit before we start on our trip back home. Here are some updates.

Denny

China Diary Entry #4
November 03, 2009

"Don't you hate it when you go to wash some clothes in the bathroom sink and the sink falls off of the wall and shatters on the floor at your feet? Only in China. I think I should forget the room deposit!"

Posted: 04:58 AM
China Diary entry #3
November 03, 2009

(Nov.1)The children are very curious around us in these areas. The roads to get here were mostly dirt and rough. We are far from any "big" cities. It took close to 14 hours through
barren lands to get here. Lots of Yak and sheep being cared for by real Tibetan cowboys!! Snow capped mountains are close by also. There is much Spiritual darkness here and Buddhism is
almost exclusively held to. Some of the areas are also Muslim. Big Mosques and huge Tibetan temples. The air is much thinner than I'm used to and it causes me to have to breathe deeply all the time when we are in the higher altidudes. My chest hurts a bit also due to less oxygen but I can handle it even though Gabe says that it's because I'm getting old. (I don't think I'll ever bring him back with me:).

( Nov.2) We just arrived in town after a 7 hour bus and van ride. We left at 6:50am. All is going well. Shared the Good News with a Tibetan on the bus who spoke some English. We will stay in touch. I gave his two of our books to help with his English. He was very happy about it.
One was, "Called To die" about a Martyr from Wycliffe Bible Translators and the book, "Bruchko". When we finally head home, we
will be very worn out. It looks like we will be crumbing the night before we leave and then get an early bus back to Xining, where we will then catch the train (25 hr ride), and when we get
to Beijing, we will immediately get on the plane for the 14 hr flight to Newark and then get our flight from there to Richmond. After we sleep for 5 or 6 days, we will share our experiences with you all.

(Nov. 3) We have a little time today since we arrived in town by 9:30am. Dongxiang is a mountaintop town with a beautiful view.

This town and our last (Hezheng) are muslim. We will invest and then move on to another place tomorrow. Please continue to pray for Gabriel and I.

I'm sorry I can't give too many details in my postings. Every time I get on the internet, I am surrounded by many curious onlookers seeking too find out what the American has to say. Many can read some English even though they can't
speak it. The small towns we are crumbing in are without a Christian presence. Much darkness but much loved by YHWH".

Keep your faith simple and passionate.

Posted: 12:35 AM
China Diary Entry #2
October 30, 2009

It's Oct. 30 and we just arrived in Xining. We will be traveling to 15 towns over the next 15 days. Grueling work, but we can sleep and eat when we get back to the States! Please pray for
strength, wisdom and protection.

For the King,
Denny and Gabriel

Posted: 07:12 AM
China Diary, entry #1
October 28, 2009

Hi everyone,

I arrived in Beijing yesterday. Gabe and I were quite tired and were able to get a little sleep. It is now a little after 4:00AM and I am at the small internet room at out hostel trying to take care of some business before it gets crowded. Our plan for today is to catch a train to Xining. It will take 24 hours to get there. Upon our arrival, we'll meet our contact and get one more night's sleep before we begin our viliage to villiage activities. All of our cargo made it in and we are well stocked to cover much ground even after passing 100lbs. off to a friend for our brothers and sisters in China to use. Please pray for us as we are about the Father's business in China. Walk in victory!

Denny

Posted: 04:19 PM

2009/11/5 8:24Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Updates from China

Thanks for the updates. They are very interesting and I look forward to hearing more.

Will keep you in prayer.

God bless.

2009/11/5 8:33Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re:

Please remember to pray for us around lunchtime (US time). We are on the street during the overnight hours here in China. (from approximately 10:30am - 3:00pm US time)

2009/11/5 8:52Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: China

All has been going well. Two nights ago, Gabriel and I were crumbing lots of dark alleys in an area with much housing. After we had worked for approx. 2 hours we walked toward the end of one of the alleys, a man and woman turned into the end that we were heading toward. We turned around and headed in the opposite
direction. The couple followed us out to the main street. We crossed the street and he began to yell at us. We ignored and after a while crossed to the other side again. They followed. We jumped in a cab and went about 4 or 5 blocks before getting out to continue our work. After about ten minutes we noticed that a cab was slowly following us at a distance. We turned a corner and then down an alley and the cab followed. We walked past a road obstruction and the couple got out of the cab to follow us on foot again. We jumped in another cab and as we pulled away, the couple jumped into a cab to pursue. With a little distance between us,
the pursuing cab didn't see us do a U-turn around a corner and head back toward them. We passed them and directed the cab to our hotel where we quickly hopped out and entered without being seen.

Please continue to pray for the work in China.

2009/11/9 1:44Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: Updates from China

"We crumbed a small town in the snow last night and tonight we will be crumbing inside a huge Buddhist monastery. Please lift us up to the Father. Our next town is over 90% muslim. We hope to hit it hard and heavy"

2009/11/12 5:09Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re:

"Gabe and I just tract bombed in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery. There are 1,000 monks living at this monastery in Xiahe. Made friends with a young monk and spent much of the day with his around town, at our hotel, and in his quarters at the monastery. His English name is Adam. Lift his up to the Father. I will be sending him some books when I get back to the states. We have one more muslim town to invest in tomorrow night. It should be our biggest night yet. I would appeciate your prayers. Walk in victory!"

2009/11/12 11:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy