Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Baptism In The Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I told you...I have cast out demons, healed the sick and raised a man from the dead. I speak in tongues, and walk in His Spirit.

Anyone who walks in the Spirit demonstrates not gifts first and foremost, but [i]fruit[/i] - in which this entire thread is conspicuously void of. It is instead full of [i]"I"[/i] and [i]"you"[/i] with lots of finger pointing going back and forth. This behaviour is as far from the Holy Spirit as night is from day. A man or woman who is truly baptized in the Holy Spirit will avoid at all costs bringing attention to themselves or putting others on the spot. An aroma of brokeness pervades their speech, the fragrance of Christ in all His meekness, humility and gentleness comes forth as perfume from a broken jar. The Spirit of Holiness always points to Christ, exalts Christ, magnifies Christ - and simultaneously subdues the flesh and any inclination to boast/promote gifts in a self-aggrandizing way.

We are seeing the opposite here.

2009/11/4 0:00Profile
sscr01

Re:

Jesus is the one doing the work through me. We are told to heal the sick, cast out demons.

Jesus said, "And these signs shall follow them THAT BELIEVE; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; THEY SHALL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK AND THEY SHALL RECOVER." Mk 16:17,18.

Just as Moses struck the rock, and God charged him with unbelief. Num 20:12. Just as the children of Israel disobeyed the Lord and were not able to enter the Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19. Unbelief comes out of an evil heart. Heb 3:12.

Disobedience = Unbelief
Obedience = Faith

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith."

When we do not seek the baptism in the Holy Ghost, we are in a state of disobedience to the Word of God. The baptism is for everyone - not seeking it is because of unbelief.

If you do not do these things, it is because of unbelief in the Scripture-Acts 2.

2009/11/4 7:03Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Brother Paul,

You worded it better than I ever could.

Many times in scripture, after the Lord Jesus would work a miracle, he would either tell the person to tell no one, Matt 8v4, or sent them away and left the scene, Mark 8v9-10.

However, we are not to self-impose accolades of healing and miracles to ourselves.

Unless God Himself is glorified in what takes place, then who cares?

Scriptures tells us that the angels rejoice over one sinner that repents, Luke 15v10.

Where does it say that about miracles?

2009/11/4 7:38Profile
sscr01

Re:

It talks about miracles: Healing, deliverance, in Acts 2.

If you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit, you defy the Scripture. And the Lord does not take lightly those who defy the Scriptures.

If you defy the Scriptures, you defy Him.

2009/11/4 8:54Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Do you laugh or do you cry?

Think I'll laugh.

2009/11/4 9:05Profile
sscr01

Re:

Then you are in defiance of the Scripture. So you laugh at Scripture? I, certainly, don't.

2 Tim 3:16 reads in the Greek, "Every Scripture is God breathed..."

Jesus said, "Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

MANY will say to My in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Matt 7:21-23.

If you defy the Scripture, you are lawless.

"But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves." Ja 1:22.

2009/11/4 9:12Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

[i]1Co 13:2-7 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

[b]Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud[/b]. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.[/i]

The Bible means exactly what it says. Even though you heal the sick and raise the dead and work many miracles, if you have not love, you are nothing. He who is rude, he who is proud and boastful does not have love in him. He is nothing.

2009/11/4 10:31Profile
sscr01

Re:

Obviously, you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit.

2009/11/4 14:43Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Obviously, you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit

Enough.

This forum is not a place for infantile behaviour. Examine yourself.

Thread closed.

2009/11/4 15:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy