SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Baptism In The Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sscr01

Re:

Are you baptized in the Holy Spirit?

2009/11/3 17:04Profile

Re:

Luk 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us through Your name.
Luk 10:18 And He said to them, I saw Satan fall from Heaven like lightning.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give to you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the authority of the enemy. And nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Yet do not rejoice in this, that the evil spirits are subject to you, rather rejoice because your names are written in Heaven.
Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in Spirit and said, I thank You, Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and have revealed them to babes. Yes, Father, for so it was pleasing before You.

HI Lysa, you wrote........

"I have the gift of divers tongues. I have laid hands on the sick and the Lord has healed them. I have had other gifts operate through me. I have not said I didn't believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit!"

Amen, that should be enough for anyone to hear and know that you are baptized in the Holy Spirit. The amazing thing to me , a person also baptized in the Holy Spirit and a "tongue speaker,' is the emphasis that many penetecostals put on healing today. We see from the above scripture that long before the Apostles were "endued with power from on high," they were operating under the power and authority of the Lord Jesus and Jesus checks their enthusiasm on their return and refocuses them on the fact of their eternal salvation. One might also add that Judas would also be part of those operating under this authority. So, when men come before the throne of God and proclaim "Lord , Lord," and then give their resume of miracles that they were used in, the Lord answers them that He never knew them. God can use any vehicle He pleases to carry out His wishes, yet there are few servants. The power of the Holy Spirit as decribed in Acts 2 is very different than what is described above. And of course, on the flip siude there are those who are ever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth, people who deny the power thereof. Let us pray to be found in the camp that does not deny the power of God, nor make bold claims of miracles achieved. Let everything be done to glorify and magnify the Lord Jesus and let us boast rather in Him, or in our infirmities. Obviously I am speaking to the man who has challenged you sister, and maybe he accepts what I have said ? Perhaps I am preaching to the choir? .........brother Frank

2009/11/3 17:09
sscr01

Re:

Lysa, are you baptized in the Holy Spirit?

2009/11/3 17:36Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

sscr01 wrote:

Being baptized in the Holy is not a one time thing.

The word baptize means to submerge, be overwhelme.

One should seek to be baptized, submerged, be overwhelmed in the Holy on a daily basis.

2009/11/3 17:54Profile
sscr01

Re:

Are you baptized in the Holy Spirit? When we abide in His Spirit, we do not sin. When we are baptized in the Holy Spirit, it is FOREVER!!! The Scriptural evidence is speaking and praying in tongues. Obviously, you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit.

In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used interchangeably with, "law," "commandments," "judgments," "precepts," "statutes," "testimonies."

GOD'S WORD IS HIS LAW

"A NEW HEART also will I give you, and A NEW SPIRIT will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27.

When His Spirit is within us, we are empowered to obey His Word/His law.

2009/11/3 18:02Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Yes, I am baptized in the Holy Spirit

Quote:

sscr01 wrote:

Have patience SS, I do not check SI every minute, I was listening to a Derek Prince sermon starting a 1,000 piece puzzle on the Great Wall of China!

PLEASE... READ... THIS... IN... IT'S... ENTIRETY... thank you!!

Ok back to you... I am really trying to figure out, sscr, what makes you tick that you could not read my posts and KNOW that I was baptized in the Holy Spirit! ((What does this mean to you::: I have the gift of divers tongues. I have laid hands on the sick and the Lord has healed them. I have had other gifts operate through me. I have not said I didn't believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit!))

[b]Yes, I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit.[/b] Initially, 29 years ago! I am 50 years old. How old are you, if I may ask?

--------------------------------------

I want to go back and ask you about the Holy Spirit (not the gifts). Is the Holy Spirit a person to you?

Jesus called Him a 'Him' and not an "it." John 14:16; John 14:26

In those verses, none of the "gifts" were mentioned by Jesus were they? DON'T STOP READING!!! I am not putting down the gifts, I'm just putting them in their proper perspective.

[b]Matthew 7.20, 21, 22, 23 (20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.[/b]

Keep up with me please. Jesus said that we would know false teachers by THEIR FRUITS (meaning LACK of), then he proceeded to show that they will indeed be endowed with these same "gifts of the Spirit" that you so adamantly say we need to reach the world.

Please know that I do not disagree with you but I think there is too much focus on the "gifts" and not on the Person of the Holy Spirit.

(I'm sorry but I'm getting the feeling that I probably just wasted all my time typing this because you are just going to gloss over it like you have the others but I do this knowing that I tried!!)

Are you are brother or sister?

God bless you!

2009/11/3 19:40Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Appolus

Quote:
appolus wrote:
One might also add that Judas would also be part of those operating under this authority.

Let everything be done to glorify and magnify the Lord Jesus and let us boast rather in Him, or in our infirmities. Obviously I am speaking to the man who has challenged you sister, and maybe he accepts what I have said ? Perhaps I am preaching to the choir? .........brother Frank

Appolus wrote: [i]One might also add that Judas would also be part of those operating under this authority. [/i]

I will stand in agreement with you but that is for another discussion thread... lest we have our head spin out of control!!

[i]Let everything be done to glorify and magnify the Lord Jesus and let us boast rather in Him, or in our infirmities. [/i]

Amen Jesus! Let our boastings be in You and You alone Lord not in anything that we have or haven't done!

God bless you Appolus!!

2009/11/3 19:47Profile
sscr01

Re:

I was baptized in the Holy Spirit forty-one years ago. And I do my best to walk in His Spirit.

As I have said, the Holy Spirit works through me to cast out demons, heal the sick, and have raised one man from the dead in Spain.

2009/11/3 19:48Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
sscr01 wrote:
I was baptized in the Holy Spirit forty-one years ago. And I do my best to walk in His Spirit.

As I have said, the Holy Spirit works through me to cast out demons, heal the sick, and have raised one man from the dead in Spain.

I'm sorry but I really don't care what you have done (To be candid, it's starting to sound like a peeing contest which is not what the gifts are about)

... I'm was asking you about the PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. Yes, the gifts are for others but the HOLY SPIRIT is for YOU and me! What has HE done "IN" you in those 41 years? What is HE doing?

edit: you do not have to answer, they are rhetorical questions more or less to try and help me make my point. I didn't mean to sound more holier than thou. sorry if it did.

Wait a minute... one more rhetorical question!! If the Holy Spirit never gave you a gift, would you be satisfied with Him? /edit

God bless you

2009/11/3 19:57Profile
sscr01

Re:

I told you...I have cast out demons, healed the sick and raised a man from the dead. I speak in tongues, and walk in His Spirit. I reject tradition and only make my allegiance to the Word of God.

But, He did give me gifts and I use them!

2009/11/3 20:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy