SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama signs gay hate crimes measure

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: My command is love each other...

Instead of name calling . Let us speak the truth in love . Love always protects . So we need to call sin sin . The bible calls it homosexuality and the scripture tells us it will send us to hell . The bible also tells us that liars, thieves , drunkardsand murderers. All of these sins will send us to hell . Our job is to tell people that and introduce them to Jesus . Jesus told the adulterous woman nether do I go and sin no more . With love. In his service . Devin .

2009/10/30 14:46
Blunt

Re: We are about there Bro's and Sisters in the Lord

I heard this from a pastor a few days ago.

A short while ago a gentlemen went into down town Tampa Bay and did what he ussually did by just passing out tracks. The police arrested him and the state of Florida prosecuted him. The judge laughed at the case and threw it out as nonsense.....The state attorney appealed it 3 times and each time the judge threw it out.

At first it will just be antimidation, then they will seek to make examples, and then they will be bringing the paddywagons to sunday morning services. I guess soon we all will find out who will be preaching the Word. Finally being in the ministry will agian be a sacrifice in America.

:-o

2009/10/30 15:01Profile

Re:

dmoney, I think I see your point. I would agree that when we speak the truth to homosexuals it should be done with as much care as possible.
However the truth must be spoken. Words like gay or homosexual do tend to soften the view of the sin.
I have ministerd several times to homosexuals also preaching and witnessing very near whats known as a "gay bar" so when I say we should speak pointedly, calling it what it is; I speak from some experience.

Just to clarify ,the bible never calls it homosexuality.

Deuteronomy 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

1 Kings 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

1 Kings 22:46 And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land.

2 Kings 23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.
And of course Pauls refrences in Romans as well as Corinthians etc.

2009/10/30 15:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I may be wrong, so correct me if I am..

In the past the pres may sign a bill into law, but it will not become effective until it has passed the Supreme Court test. For example, Pres. Bush signed a bill outlawing partial birth abortion but did it ever go in effect? No.

If I am right, I fully expect this to become lucrative fodder for some lawyers who will get to exercise their expertise in the courtrooms. And you may well expect to get calls from firms who will promise that with your money they will fight it out in the courts.

This is the American way, like it or not...now if I can only go find a large enough rock to hide under.... :-o

ginnyrose

2009/10/30 15:41Profile
anonymity

Does anyone have an educated opinion on this bill?

I mean I think I heard that the bill does not say you cant speak against sins, but that you cant speak in such a way that will cause someone to inflict physical harm.

And, that this bill does not actually say you cannot speak, but that it may be a stepping stone towards that.

It may just be Obama trying to protect homosexuals from being stoned.

As for the physical harm thing I think there may be the possibility that anything being said negatively can somehow though falsely be tied to some other person harming individuals then causing us to be told not to speak.

Also, many say they will speak either way, but is there not an area for wisdom.

And, maybe people from other countries have seen the same type of bill and the affects and can share.

???...

2009/10/30 16:03Profile

Re: reply

"And, that this bill does not actually say you cannot speak, but that it may be a stepping stone towards that. "

Yes, the whole emphasis over the past several years is stamp out "HATE" thats the hypnotic mantra that they, GLTB as well as Hollywood has been pushing for many years now. This is incremental. A news story I saw the other day the GLTB response was that this is another step in total EQUALITY. This means that if their lifestyle is equal and protected by the full force of the FED then you cannot speak against it.

Go on CBN and watch the story for Friday 10/30 about Norwich, England. An elderly lady christian wrote a letter to the city council protesting them allowing the Gay pride parade to march down main street. The police show up at her door to investigate her for possible hate crime.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2009/October/UK-Christian-Target-of-Hate-Crimes-Law/

2009/10/30 16:17
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Obama signs gay hate crimes measure

I've read all these posts and just wanted to ask a couple questions...

Everyone here seems more than willing to go to jail to tell a homosexual "the truth" ... ooh rah!

[i]The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us–ward, not willing that any should perish, [b]but that all should come to repentance.[/b][/i]
2 Peter 3:9

Here's my question... Are you just as willing to afflict your soul for them in prayer? Isaiah 58.5, 6, 7

Thank you for listening. God bless us all!

2009/10/31 3:33Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Honestly, my flesh would rather just keep quiet and let them all burn in hell.

Sodomy is disgusting, the average sodomite has over 300 different sexual partners a year.

It would be a work of grace to be given a burden for their souls from God.

2009/10/31 9:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Sodomy is disgusting, the average sodomite has over 300 different sexual partners a year.

I haven't clue about the accuracy of this stat, but if it is true I would guess nature will/may rid the country of this perversion if left to themselves via disease. To make things legally easy for this perversion to be exercised seems almost like a backhanded way to kill these people. And they think they are doing them a favor! SIGH. SIGH!!

Romans 1:21-26 seems to come into play here. I do wonder how possible it is for these to actually repent? One case in point: my second cousin died from AIDS and his lover was so angry that he declared he was going to infect as many others as he can! (And I never heard this cousin repented from sin before he died.) Reckon the law will arrest one for having a mindset like this?

ginnyrose

2009/10/31 10:28Profile

Re:

Iwantanguish, I say this with kindness towards you. I understand your disgust and agree with the disgust. They also want to continualy come into the schools and teach this to our children.

HOWEVER....these are still people that the lord is not willing to see perish but to come to repentence. perhaps if you look up on CBN or someplace else testimonies of former gays and lesbians who have now come to Christ. Maybe in doing this; it will soften you a bit on this and have more hope for them. Then you may just have more true, Godly, anguish for them.

Again I say this in meekness towards you.

2009/10/31 10:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy