SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : will prophetic musicians fall under the power?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

will prophetic musicians fall under the power?

after hearing the message about prophetic musicians found in a spiritual warfare series by advocates of a worldwide movement. They claim that we need 100,000 or even a million to come and be in unity. These people are involved in the falling under the power movement. I may add that in my experience once in a church the woman was jumping around crazy and she was standing there. All of a sudden she fell under the power, banged her head on the pew and they called a ambulance. It was total sure she didn't just fall but went out under the power. That was what the meeting was all about. This is a dangerous thing. I have heard of people getting hurt and some even thrown accross the room and hurt. One time a man fell on a woman and began doing her they explained it as being a sign that she and he are birthing a spiritual thing. They even had a meeting once where they put a dog collar on a man and he was barking like a dog. This was supposed to be a spiritual thing. If you have read any of my posts where I reveal a false ministry it is because many will follow them and be spiritually destroyed, but I love my brethren to much to not warn them. the prophetic musicians are supposed to be those who will play music for these large groups of deceived people. They play a new song. You may not be aware that it will be a religious group of people who will worship the anti-Christ when he comes. it is a duplicate of when Jesus the Messiah comes who shall receive all the glory and honor due him from all the earth.

2009/10/28 9:49Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: will prophetic musicians fall under the power?

Bizzare.

More exra-biblical happenings, yet, not surprising.

Prophetic musicians? What's that supposed to be about?

Concerning warning the brethren, that is what the apostle Paul did.

Acts 20v31, "Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears."

We do need to alert people to that which is false. Whether or not they listen is up to them.

2009/10/28 9:59Profile

Again, we must be careful not to categorize everyone involved in Charismania, but generally I think that it is a power all right, but not of God.

I think it is a spirit, an unclean force , similar to the power of the yoga's who practice Kundalini. Benny Hinn carries something akin to this, and entire lines in crowds are thrown back by something, and some stay down; like a drunkard passed out.

If you can find them, [ many have been deleted] there are video's of Todd Bentley, and some of the musicians who were "drunk" in this manner. Remember, you will KNOW THEM by their fruit, not there experience, or ability to succumb to every weird suggestion.

Power comes from God following those of the TRUE Gospel; the preaching of the Blood sacrifice of Jesus, his resurrection, and the fact that we must be BORN AGAIN by receiving Him, and all that He is as LORD! Holiness and power go hand in hand. You will notice that, and that is how we know those who are following the Lamb.

2009/10/28 11:41
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe in the modern day gift of prophecy, and believe God has definitely inspired some awesome songs in people over the years. But what you see and read about here is none of these things. These things are about self-absorbed false prophets who are bored with the Christian faith once and for all handed down to the saints. They are always chasing some new fad and following the latest prophetic word. Indeed, there is a ministry out there called "The Elijah List" that exists to continaully promote all these "words." Sadly, they are gaining great influence in Christian circles by people who are not very discerning. But, false prophets, in part, are God's judgment on the Church for not being who she needs to be.

2009/10/28 11:44Profile
BeingMolded

USA

Re:

The primary difference in the true and false prophets is who they are promoting. False prophets love the praise of men no matter what kind of manisfestations they have to conger up to get the attention and praise of people.
Paul warns us of these people in 2 Tim. 3:1-9 which will come in the last days. He warns us "from such turn away".

2009/10/28 14:22Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

What you are describing is not God, I can guarantee that. There are instances when people have "fallen under the power" of the Holy Spirit that are genuine and are God, but what you saw is of another spirit entirely.

I can give you two instances as examples. I read the autobiography of a Methodist circuit rider in the early to mid 1800's. A man rode his horse into a camp meeting and rode full gallop at a prayer circle. As he neared the circle he stiffened as if shot and fell from his horse as stiff as a board. He lay there while the people continued praying. Many hours later he began to convulse as if epileptic. A few moments later he "came to" praising God. God had laid him out and dealt with him for all of those hours. The result was a man born again. A second is a young lady deaf from birth about 10 years ago. The minister said he began praying for her with his eyes closed and felt her head leave his hand. He opened his eyes in time to see her bounce hard off the concrete floor. A few moments later she got up, with no injury, and was perfectly healed. She spent the rest of the day walking around in wonder at the sounds around her.

Both these instances were genuine manifestations of a work of God in a person. I beleive that anything that God does will give Him honor and glory and will serve a redeeming purpose of some sort among His body.

2009/10/28 19:43Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

I always thought that God couldn't be in something that involved the possibility of a man, or especially a woman, falling down and then having to have someone cover them up with a "napkin".

A truly divine incident will not cause indecency or foolishness. The descriptions by twayneb seem more acceptable, and should truly line up with what we've seen happen with the likes of Paul the apostle and those that have gone on before us.

I must admit, I have been in my share of meetings where I allowed myself to fall "under the power" and will not elaborate on other silly, fleshly things that I was deceived by in my earlier walk.

2009/10/28 20:00Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: another movement

basically there is a musical movement which is based on " Christian rock" this appeals to a lot of youth. By knowing this there are those who seize the opportunity to inject their false doctrines also. it's like cheese on a mousetrap, the youth are not grounded enough in a foundation of doctrinal truth so they will swallow anything. The teaching they will be bringing with their music is falling under the power. It is a experiential thing while realing rejecting the need for doctrine. If someone uses a few scriptures and says Jesus. many will follow, 1Tim.4:1 says seducing spirits. I know of many preachers who are teaching heredical doctrine and lay hands on people who fall under the power. it is best for youth who are checking out the ministry first before going to the music concert. Millions flocked to the stores to buy a book saying the exact time Jesus was returning only to find after selling their homes and cars to stand on a hill for him to come snatch them away. God help gullible Christians. T.V. evangelists need money to pay for TV time so they will produce a ear tickling book full of error knowing it will probably sell a million copies by the gullible. Rom.2:19

2009/10/29 11:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy