SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Halloween

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Halloween

Do you think i am right if i preach against it to other christians? I have but i see some that i know believe in celebrating, i see that it contradicts Gods word and our representation of good.

2009/10/24 19:12Profile
IWantAnguish

Re: Halloween

Just ask them how celebrating Halloween glorifies God through Jesus Christ in their lives...

2009/10/24 19:23Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

my unsaved wife is giving a guilt trip about going to a halloween party to, i hate this. I wish the Lord would give me peace and change my wife and everyone elses hearts.

2009/10/24 19:44Profile
Theophila

Re:

No Sir.
Do not wish for that.
Rather, pray for grace to continue to be a shining light in the gross darkness.

Peace.

2009/10/24 20:07Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I will pray for you brother, I struggled with an unsaved spouse for a short time until she was converted nearly 3 years ago. Never fear to stand for your convictions, but do so with grace and love!
Joe

2009/10/24 21:09Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey

bible4life wrote:my unsaved wife is giving a guilt trip about going to a halloween party to, i hate this. I wish the Lord would give me peace and change my wife and everyone elses hearts.
___

I was wondering do you wish that your wife would be saved for your sake? Is it a selfishness that motivates your heart to seek the Lord that your wife be saved because that would make things easier for you? So she won't lay a guilt trip on you?

OR is it that you love your wife as your self and long to see her saved because you do not wish to see her suffer eternity in hell...do you desire to see her saved so that she to might know the love, joy, and forgivness that you have in Christ Jesus? I only ask because its rather hard to tell where your heart is in this situation by what you wrote...

in Him
Elizabeth

2009/10/24 22:43Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Well i gave into my wifes guilt trip and my moms saying i don't want her to do anything. I felt bad and i let her go, i drove my mom my wife and my dad up their but i did not go because i know what goes on their. I went to borders and read about the knowledge of the holy by a.w tozer but anyways this was a family party with friends too. She gives me a call and tells me they our ready but i noticed she sounded really strange and i assumed she might be drunk. I went and picked them up and my cousin david called me while i was waiting outside and said she was puking, oh was i mad. I went up their i told them to please get out of the way and i had to help my wife to the car who was drunk and who could not even barely stand. They were telling me that she was drunk before the party and i told them they were liars because i had been with her the whole day and even talked to her outside the car before she walked away and she was perfectly fine and was drinking nothing, they lied right to my face. My parents got in the car and were yelling at me for acting that way but they don't understand what just happened my wife who me and her have abstained for 6 years together even before we married to not ever get drunk and that we would avoid any party or anything like that at all and she had drank wine and wine coolers around me and i made it clear to her no hard liquor and no getting drunk or drinking at all too much or their would be a problem. Well i should have stayed with my first wishes to stay home because she got drunk because i felt bad she wasn't going. I am sorry how angry i am, but i will not let them justify their sins no longer in my family. If my wife wants to do that i don't know what i am going to do. I am not a violent man and would not ever want to hurt anyone but i am furious right now, i think i am going to have to do what my real serious christian friend does and separate from these people and especially when parties our going on like this. I can't dwell with them. I really don't know where my heart is but i know that i am really mad about my wife being corrupted. She kept on saying sorry and was crying at home and i said i forgive you and always will and that i love her. But as Jesus was angry in the temple and at the pharisees, i have to have to no longer put up with this and i will not have anything to ever do with this kind of wickedness. I hope many will speaking out against halloween especially to those christians who have no problem with it. Brothers and sisters i am sorry, i am so mad, i know i shouldn't be flipping out so much but i hate this and i don't want this to happen again. Is it right for me to be angry, with in 2 days the Lord answered a prayer that i had prayed for i think this week that he would take those who he didn't want in my life out of my life as far as hanging out with and dwelling with because i knew their was family that was making it hard for me to be around because of the constant ungodliness and my family and relatives and my wifes family i believe i need to separate and i am serious. I am sorry if your offended by my words, i just don't know how i should act, gentle and kind then when this comes up should i then say no and no and won't have anything to do with it.

2009/10/25 1:06Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Halloween glorifies demonic icons and should never be celebrated by Christians. I'm glad you told your wife that you love her and forgive her despite what has happened. You must continue to love those around you and take your stand against against Godless practices without alienating or showing disrespect for your parents and your family. It will be hard, but the best way to win them for Christ is to give them a taste of the unconditional love of God through your life witness. I'll be praying for you and yours...

2009/10/25 1:19Profile
HeartSong

Re:

David,

When you become a threat to the kingdom of Satan, one of the first things that he is going to do is to try to get you to break covenant with the Lord. When you married your wife, you made a covenant before the Lord. To put her away, is to break that covenant which would leave you standing guilty before the Lord. When you are dealing with your wife, who is currently under the influence of the powers of darkness, always remember that the only way to render them powerless is by love. If you respond to the things that she does with anger you are putting yourself in agreement with the powers of darkness which only gives them more power. It is like adding fuel to the fire.

The reason you are having a problem with your parents is that Lord has instructed us to honour our mother and father - again Satan is trying to trick you into doing something that would leave you standing guilty before the Lord.

Your battle is not with your wife or your parents, it is with the powers of darkness - always remember that, it makes it easier to deal with the frustration. Just keep loving them all BUT stand firm in the Lord. And make sure you continually pray, just keep turning to the Lord and asking Him to help you in EVERYTHING. In every little thing ask Him what it is that He would have you to do. He is faithful David, but you have to ask.

2009/10/25 2:00Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Heartsong my name is John but my middle name is David, its ok sister. I appreciate that powerful wisdom. I just went out and drove with my friend around to talk about it and during that time i felt the Lord reveal to me what i needed to do. I believe he has told me to apologize to my cousin and aunt and parents who i flipped out on, call them and apologize to them. I already told my dad that i was sorry. I understand during that time the best thing i could have done was got her and did not let my anger out and then the nexxt time a party like this happened we would honor God and not go. So here it is i have to apolgize and tell them i am sorry for flipping out on them and at the same time let them know my intentions of avoiding situations that our not good for us and that i want to honor God in doing whatever we do. Avoiding alcohol parties and especially halloween parties i should never do. I understand this was the first time this ever happened and i have felt as if it was ok to be angry about this and i was, but i believe that the best way of doing this for now is keeping myself like you said in the love of christ and keeping myself from anything sinful or to dwell in complete wickedness. I have to even though it is hard separate from anything that can make me and her stumble. When i saw her cry and ask for forgiveness even though she was drunk, i truly felt terrible and a love for her and i forgave her on the spot, i really wasn't angry at her as much as that i thought people tempted her and the environement she was in. But i will call them and apologize but i cannot let myself in situations like this.

2009/10/25 2:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy