SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

[b]Obama declares swine flu a national emergency[/b]

President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.

The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

The goal is to remove bureaucratic roadblocks and make it easier for sick people to seek treatment and medical providers to provide it immediately. That could mean fewer hurdles involving Medicare, Medicaid or health privacy regulations. ...

2009/10/24 16:49Profile
IWantAnguish

Re: Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

And so it continues...

I hope everyone is persevering in prayer and getting in the Word of God.

It only gets worse from here folks.

2009/10/24 16:50Profile
HeartSong

Oh Lord, oh Lord, we are setting the unborn baby killer loose on the babies that have been born . . . oh Lord, have mercy on our souls.

The darkness deepens.

2009/10/24 17:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

They are building right now the 2nd largest IN THE WORLD, 7 storey abortion clinic in america.

oh the wickedness that is being manifested.

2009/10/24 17:23Profile

Re: No conspiracy....

America is swimming in the blood of the innocent, yes, but the vaccine is an international effort, and in no way a conspiracy to decimate our population.

The current avian flu, formerly called the Spanish flu....[1918] has a variation in it that was embedded in a swine culture; therefore the name; SWINE FLU. It is avian [bird] in essence. It is about 10 times less potent than the 1918 flu that killed about 650,000 Americans...[ more than all of the wars in the entire 20th century in America ]

Every year about 50,000 people die from the flu in America. This H1N1 seems a bit nastier, but not much. It seems oddly selective, though, and seems to have two things that are concerning in its selectivity. Most bad flus kill the very young, and the very old, creating a U shaped curve in it death rate, while the 1918 Spanish flu and the H1N1 both have a W shaped curve...killing as many perfectly healthy 17-35 year olds as infirm-ed , infantile, and aged.

I think that the vaccine is safe, and am recommending it to our family..[grand kids] but this is not my big concern with it. If this flu begins to mutate into a third wave, we could see a deadly pandemic. The bible has an odd prophesy; Revelation, Chapter 6, vs.8,

"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth. "

How in the world could a FOURTH of all of the EARTH be killed with pestilence and WILD BEASTS?. [About TWO BILLION people!]...I have often thought.

Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Rat plague and Animal blood derivatives...like AIDS. That is all it could be, with our modern weaponry.

I believe one of the reasons we need to be holy, is that power will only be given to the holy. There will be a day, when the laying on of hands for healing, in THE NAME OF JESUS, by the true church will be the ONLY remedy for a panicked and diseased world.

2009/10/24 18:02
nearthecross

Quote:
and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.

Who? I'd like to know where all these "thousands" of people are, and how the medical authorities can differentiate between this supposed "swine flu" and the many other (and much more dangerous) types of flus prevalent today.

Quote:
The goal is to remove bureaucratic roadblocks and make it easier for sick people to seek treatment and medical providers to provide it immediately.

By this, of course, they mean vaccinations. I fear the swine flu vaccine much more than the swine flu itself. Google "dangerous swine flu vaccine" and you will find miriad pages warning of the dangers of this toxic concotion that has caused damage to thousands of people worldwide.

May God help us.

2009/10/24 18:04Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Curious as to how many people have seen the video of the 25 year old cheerleader that has come down with dxyonia; after taking the vaccination?

Breaks my heart seeing her life ruined.

2009/10/24 19:21Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi BrotherTom...

I agree. Every vaccine (and medicine) carries a risk. However, the risk is often much greater for NOT taking a vaccine (or medicine). I have known several people (including believers) who have contracted the swine flu. It is very real...and very dangerous (especially for children and the elderly). Just last week, a healthy 30-something male died from the swine flu...just three weeks after a physical examination that determined that he was in great health. The biggest concern of health professionals is that this swine flu outbreak could grow into a pandemic.

During World War I, there was a flu pandemic that killed more people than the war itself. The CDC estimates that 50 million people died from the 1918 outbreak. Further, they estimate that 500 Million people were infected -- at a time in which there were only 1.6 Billion people on Earth. So, nearly 1/3 of human beings on Earth were infected. 1 out of every 10 people who contracted the flu actually died from the outbreak. There was a much smaller pandemic during 1968-1969. It was known as the Hong Kong Flu, and killed an estimated 1 Million people around the world.

What makes this particular outbreak so interesting is that it originated in North America, in Mexico. Most major flu pandemics have started in the Far East. Even the 1918 Pandemic, known as the Spanish Flu, probably started in China or India. In fact, India was hit particularly hard by the 1918 pandemic, with approximately 17 Million deaths. The current Swine Flu has quickly spread around North America and elsewhere around the world.

With every flu vaccine, there are limited cases of individuals who have a bad reaction. However, these are few and far between...and the risk of NOT being vaccinated is often much higher than the risk from vaccination itself. I have known plenty of people who were vaccinated -- including children -- and I have yet to hear of a single adverse reaction yet. In my wife's hometown, the flu vaccine was offered to all school children. There has not been a single reported complication from the vaccine in that area. I did find a couple of possible fatalities that *might have been related to the Swine Flu vaccine. However, there have been over 1000 people who have died from the Swine Flu. It seems that the risk of NOT being vaccinated is much higher.

As far as President Obama's attempt to raise this to a "national emergency," this seems to only have been done as a means to bypass the length of time that it might take to receive treatment. I don't suspect anything "sinister" from it, and I hope that it will not be used as political ammunition during the Administration's attempt to reform health care. I simply think that it is a wise thing to do since this could be a potential danger to people in this nation.

This current outbreak, with 1000 deaths in the US, isn't nearly as expansive as the 50 Million worldwide deaths from the 1918 pandemic. It isn't even comparable with the Black Death pandemic that hit Europe in 1348 (and killed approximately 45-60% of the people in Europe). However, I think that the vaccine is just an attempt to prevent something like that from happening again.

I also agree with those who consider abortion during these times. Abortion kills far more human beings than any war...and any flu pandemic. Even though the number of abortions declined quite a bit over the past eight years in the United States, there were still approximately 800,000 abortions last year. These are government permitted murders at the hand of "doctors" who have ignored the Hippocratic Oath to "do no harm." These deaths don't come from a virus...or a disease...but from the selfishness of women who don't want to take the responsibility for the children that God has given them.

Those people involved in that slaughter -- whether the abortion physicians, the politicians and activist judges who fight for the continued slaughter, or the mothers who open their wombs and sacrifice their children upon the altar of selfishness -- will all stand before the Throne of God one day. I just pray that they cry out to God before that great and terrible day. The incredible thing about God? He is willing to offer His love and forgiveness to anyone who calls out to Him in truth.

2009/10/24 21:44Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Those people involved in that slaughter -- whether the abortion physicians, the politicians and activist judges who fight for the continued slaughter, or the mothers who open their wombs and sacrifice their children upon the altar of selfishness -- will all stand before the Throne of God one day.

You also will stand before the Throne of God and should consider the words that you have just used to encourage others the rely upon the ways of man rather than God.

Quote:
I just pray that they cry out to God before that great and terrible day.

The problem is, they do not think that they have done anything wrong, just like you do not think that you have done anything wrong.

Will you pray and ask Him to reveal to you what it is that I am talking about?

2009/10/25 1:18Profile
nearthecross

Re:

What ccchhhrrriiisss presents are the typical arguments from the medical establishment. You can believe that if you want to, but I would encourage people to do their own investigative research on the matter, and find out both sides of the story, in order to make an educated decision as to whether or not they should take the swine flu vaccine.

The fact of the matter is, there is significant evidence linking autism and other serious neurological conditions to vaccines. Practically all vaccines contain toxic chemicals and heavy metals such as thimerosal (mercury), aluminum, formaldehyde, and even monosodium glutamate (MSG)! The reason why there generally are little "reported complications" from vaccines is that the medical community does little to no follow-up on patients after receiving vaccines. In some cases, should any complications arise, doctors typically assume they are a result of something else. After all, they couldn't [i]possibly[/i] be linked to the vaccine they have recently taken...

Another important fact is that this swine flu vaccine--much like the one mass-produced in 1976--has been rushed to the market. In 1976 there was a similar swine flu scare, and the pharmaceutical industry quickly produced the "antidote" to the supposed pandemic threat. There was a massive propaganda campaign warning you to take the coming vaccine...or else! However, it turned out to be a huge fiasco, resulting in lawsuits totaling $1.3 million from vaccine victims, hundreds of serious complications nationwide, and 25 deaths. It was a total failure. And worse still: the swine flu failed to even materialize!

The last fact I'll mention is that current Homeland Security laws prohibit independent scientists from seeing the original strain of swine flu, or how it was identified and obtained. So outside the research of the World Health Organization, there is no evidence the swine flu even exists! We're just supposed to trust the WHO and the multi-million dollar pharmaceutical industry, and take them at their word. So how do we know that the current swine flu deaths were not a result of other factors? How do we know that the people that reportedly contracted swine flu do not merely have another general type of flu? These are serious questions to consider.

Again, do your own research. Ask the Lord for wisdom in making important decisions like wether or not to take the vaccine. Remember that the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil (1 Tim. 6:10). The average doctor may be sincere and concerned for people's health, but at a corporate level, the industry is concerned with only one thing: profit. We should expect no less from a radically depraved world.

2009/10/25 2:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy