SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : As anyone experienced the Glory of God so that they feel compelled to preach or worship God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RandDee

London, UK

As anyone experienced the Glory of God so that they feel compelled to preach or worship God?

God answered my burden for the lost three and a half years ago with a visitation of His glory and this has been coming and going for three and a half years now. Firstly it propelled me, and still does, to preach the gospel with boldness (I find it hard and even painful to keep quiet) and it is also leading me to praise God out loud because of the overwhelming joy. As someone that does not like to express emotion there has also been quite a bit of fear as well (could expand on this). Has anyone experienced this kind of joy from heaven?

2009/10/16 8:13Profile
jmooney6

Re: As anyone experienced the Glory of God so that they feel compelled to preach or w

Thinking about what happened yesterday, I don't know why, but as I type, I'm feeling this joy. I don't know what it is, really. Still being a relatively new convert, sometimes for me, fear can steal a moment of glory in real life. The internet is a convenience. You can access information you don't normally have at home (especially www.biblegateway.com for those who don't have Bibles), you can stream music online (although as a Christian, there are things I don't like anymore), you can type to people across the country and the world (like I'm doing now). You can even witness to a world full of lost people without traveling abroad (though if one is called to be a missionary, then by all means, go forth in God's grace!)

A few days ago, I shared a little bit of my faith on a forum I used to frequently visit back in my unsaved days. A lot of the people there didn't say anything, really. Then, last night, I was made fun of (took long enough, but I was beginning to wonder), basically saying that my belief was crazy. That was it. It stung a little bit, and I don't know why as it was such a minor comment. It's only the internet, after all, and it's an online thing, not a face-to-face ordeal.

Now when I made my response back to him, I made sure it was a kind response, something he may not be expecting. I felt an overwhelming sense of joy. Hopefully, by example now, I can witness to others, showing them how an actual Christian behaves. (They think we're all like the "G__ Hates F__s" people). The "persecution" was absolutely minor compared to what other Brothers and Sisters are experiencing abroad, but maybe, in God's will, this is all I can handle for now. I'm just glad something happened, because I was beginning to worry that my faith wasn't genuine (because I dropped something yesterday and said a bad word, thankfully [i]not[/i] the Lord's name in vain).

So, right now, I feel a compelling to visit the other forum again a bit more frequently so that if anything else is said, I can not only response, I can lead by example. I believe this is my current calling.

2009/10/16 11:11Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: As anyone experienced the Glory of God so that they feel compelled to preach or w

Simply put: Yes. That is why I preach.

2009/10/16 11:52Profile
RandDee

London, UK

Re:

KingJimmy, Good to hear your open air preaching on your site. Good to know you believe and practice the apostolic ministry. I am preaching on trains and buses in London, UK. God is doing deep things in my life and preaching yet I realise there is much more. Would like to keep in touch.
Thanks
Richard

2009/10/17 8:07Profile
RandDee

London, UK

Re:

Keep it up Jim,
thanks
Richard

2009/10/17 8:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

:-) I'm glad you were blessed. I definitely wish there were more preachers who would preach open-air. I don't understand why more don't. I mean, they say they are called to preach, but will seldom do such unless they can stand up in a church in order to do so.

A good friend of mine from college used to be the secretary of an "international evangelist" in my denomination (one of five such people who hold that title), and he lives in the area. I asked her if she thought he would ever be interested in going out with me to UNC CHarlotte to preach sometime, and she just sorta laughed. I didn't find it very funny, and rather sad myself.

While in Bible college I attempted about a half-dozen times to form a group of people to go with me to UNC Charlotte to preach. The college was full of men who were already pastors. A few times I was able to form a group of about 5 or 6 people, only did one pastor ever go with me, and then he usually just listened to me preach. Once he attempted to preach, but only for a minute or two then he stopped.

I'm not saying this to shame my fellow brethren whatsoever. Every person has their own calling before God. It just astonishes me how many people feel called to preach, but how many of those are actually willing to do such unless they can stand behind a pulpit. I realize there is a lot of fear to overcome when doing open-air ministry. I also realize there is no money in that ministry (though oddly enough, there are no shortage of false evangelists who somehow manage to find people to pay them). But, the burden of the Lord should compel those of us who feel a special calling to do ministry in the streets. In small rural towns, such a ministry may not be practically possible. But for the many of us who live within a 20 mile radius of a major town or city, I simply don't see how there can be any excuse.

Many blessings.

2009/10/17 9:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy