SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor Offers a Third Way Beyond Emerging and Traditional

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Mike,

You are a fountain today, a Scriptural picture that Jesus spoke of when He ministered to the Samaritan woman at the well. Isn't it wonderful how the word of God flows and the insight that it brings to our 'POSTMODERN TIMES.'

The word of the LORD stands forever....

and for those who grow faith to faith, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little there a little...will also realize this in their lives...

11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

Thank you brother Mike.

Jeff

2009/10/16 15:02Profile
bdcutler

Mitchell SD

Re:

Mike wrote,

Quote:
However, in-spite of my empathy for your point, I think we should be more precise in how we articulate this problem.

Yes, Mike, you are right, of course. It is incorrect to say that I find myself holding fast to correct doctrine when in fact the truth is that I find myself holding fast to [i]what I think is correct doctrine[/i]. Big difference. In fact, correct doctrine is putting my faith in the person of Jesus Christ and Him crucified, not all the details we sometimes get sidetracked with.

Thank you for your encouragements! God bless you!

Ben

2009/10/21 19:29Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:

At this point I need to stop, before I sound like I have some kind of "answer" to what ails the church.

I tell you what's wrong, THE CHURCH IS DEAD.

On one side we have those who seek teaching of the Spirit without the Word. The Holy Spirit has for all ages embodied the thoughts of God in the written word, and lives now for this very purpose in our hearts, there to reveal the power and the meaning of that Word. If you would be full of the Spirit, be full of the Word, If you would have the Divine Life of the Spirit within you grow strong, and acquire power in every part of your nature; let the Word of Christ dwell richly in you.

On the other side we have another error, that the Word can unfold its Life in you without the Spirit within that accepts and appropriates it in the inner life. We need to remind ourselves and the Church unceasingly, that the Scriptures which were spoken by holy men of old as they were moved by the Holy Spirit and can only be understood by holy men as they are taught by the same Spirit. The words I have spoken are Spirit and Life;' for the apprehending and partaking of them ' the flesh profiteth nothing : it is the Spirit that quickeneth,' the Spirit of Life within us.

The Jews were zealous for God's word and yet it turned out that all their zeal was for their human interpretation of God's word. Jesus said to them: 'Ye search the Scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which testify of me: and ye will not come to me that ye may have life.

2009/10/21 21:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy