SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : the second death

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
truthseer

arkansas

the second death

I was troubled to read this article about the second death. The person whom printed I believe is sincere. The article itself is erronous at best .The man who wrote these heresies is a false-prophet. Lets see what the bible really says about the second death. Jesus said that everyone who is born-again will not be HURT by the second death. He did not say that we will be blessed by it. Lets also look at some scriptures from Revelations. Revelations 20;6, Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection ; on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ,. Revalations 20;13-15,. Read these scriptures also and you will see that there is a reason to be born-again. Rev6;15 says this ; And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. This sounds like eternal punishment to me. Lets also look at Rev; 21;8,it says that lost people will have " their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone;which is the second death. If there is no hell or lake of fire,then why did Jesus say that unless you repent,you will also perish. You must be born-again to enter into the kingdom of God,and into heaven.If ther is no lake of fire and eternal punishment for those whom have rejected Christ , then I would have to throw away my Bible. THAT is not going to happen. In the early church the church fathers had a saying called: solo scriptura; it meant only the scriptures were to be used for sound doctrine. Paul warned us about teachers teaching heresy in the last days. He said that they would heap to themselves teahers with itching ears. Teaching things that would make the unlearned shipwrecked. Read the BIBLE for yourself , The holyspirit will help you to understand Gods word. Satan can come as a angel of light,and decieve you if you do not stay grounded in the WORD. My final retort to this false doctrine is this;WHY DID JESUS HANG ON THE CROSS ; if there is no hell to save us from. Why did he spill every drop of blood from His body, to cover our sins. He hung on that old rugged cross to save us from something. He did not do it for just something to do. I am convinced that He did it to bring us back into right relationship with the father,and to save us from eternal torture. God is a just God.He is not wishy-washy like so many people in our country. He is also love. 1st John says that God is Love. He paid your sin-debt in full ,when he hung on that cross. When HE said : it is finished; everything for the redemption of your spirit ,soul,and body was taken care of. He fulfilled the rightous requirements of the law. Under the law,we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.But God gives grace to those whom will come to Him with a contrite heart,seeking forgiveness.He is not willing that any perish,but that all will come to Him (JESUS) ,and receive forgiveness and eternal life. There is a heaven to gain through Jesus Christ, and there is a hell,and lake of fire to Avoid . Don't tamper with GODS WORD,taking it out of context,could literally cost you your soul.

2009/10/14 2:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: the second death

Truthseer,

You are right.

The article might as well have been written by a Jehovah's Witness for all the good in it.

It is based on emotion and not the truth of God's word. That was my impression of it reading it.

The article refers to calling God 'an alien satanic beast as though he were god'.

If that isn't blasphemy what is?

It's written by someone who cannot accept the clear teaching of scripture, so they have twisted it to mean what they want it to say.

Besides, in case we forgot, it was God who created hell, the lake of fire, not man.

So, whether we like it or not, or accept it or not, once we enter eternity, whether heaven or hell, we are there for eternity.

Either paradise or punishment.

You have to be truly self-deceived to think the lake of fire, as it is written in scripture, is not what God says it is.

Matt 25v41, "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, "Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

This is Jesus speaking.

I think He knows what He is talking about.

I wanted to say more, but I'll leave it there for now.

2009/10/14 5:36Profile
jmooney6

Re:

I've been deceived Brothers and Sisters! :-? I did a little Google searching, because I got to thinking, "If what the man said was true, then even Lucifer would be saved and not damned for all eternity." This idea of the Second Death the man presents is called Restitutionist, which is akin to Universalism. It's a variation of Christian Humanism (the same thing I was preaching against in the "sick music" topic)! I can't believe I almost fell for it, but I almost did! Almost, of course, because though I'm still not Bible literate, I know a few people who are. ;-) Thanks for all your help my Brothers and Sisters.

2009/10/14 12:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy